Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-11-2007   #81
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Oh no! A "teal-out"!

Quote:
Originally Posted by M Shadows View Post
There is one thing not to miss in Jacksonville!!!!!!!!!

SAYS:

"The Plane"

Fixed it for you....
Old 10-11-2007   #82
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 398918 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloy View Post
I'm guessing Mexico City or Toronto
Mexico City Jaguars has a certain ring to it, come to think of it.

And it would still make sense in our division, unlike if they went to LAX (who doesn't deserve a team....like Jacksonville!).
Old 10-11-2007   #83
hobie
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 5549 hobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respected

Maybe they can relocate to Jackson, MS. Not much would change, just white out the ville on the letterhead and they would be all set..
hobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007   #84
copycat781
Rookie

Last I checked, Jacksonville has not lost the Jaguars, unlike the other city represented in the game played here on Sunday.
Old 10-11-2007   #85
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by copycat781 View Post
Last I checked, Jacksonville has not lost the Jaguars, unlike the other city represented in the game played here on Sunday.

We didn't lose the Jaguars either so what's your point?

Old 10-11-2007   #86
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 39179 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

Or how about moving them to Jackson Hole, WY?
Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007   #87
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
That's a matter of opinion. I remember a certain Bud "the bad rug" Adams convincing your city that the Oilers would be playing there and your city embraced them..... Well, until it was obvious that he used your city like a cheap prostitute to leverage the Harris County Sports Authority into removing the "pinball" machine and adding 10,000 seats at the Astrodome.
Old 10-11-2007   #88
copycat781
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
We didn't lose the Jaguars either so what's your point?

Oh please, you know exactly what I mean.
Old 10-11-2007   #89
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Of course I know what you're talking about and I'm laughing about it. The Oilers left town, big deal. We've been through that and we understand exactly how easy it is to wake up one day and find out that things are in motion that you can't stop and your football team is loading up the moving trucks.

We know what those tarps and blackouts can turn into. Yes we're kidding around and pulling your tails about this and it's all in good fun but if I was a Jags fan I'd be a little worried about those blackouts and those tarps. Being an old Oiler fan I'd know to be worried.
Old 10-11-2007   #90
euro-Texan
All Pro

Rep Power: 1542 euro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I hope they don't leave. I just found out tht I'm getting stationed there. Someone let the owner know that I am good for a ticket once a year. That should boost there sales by 5-10%
Old 10-11-2007   #91
copycat781
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
Of course I know what you're talking about and I'm laughing about it. The Oilers left town, big deal. We've been through that and we understand exactly how easy it is to wake up one day and find out that things are in motion that you can't stop and your football team is loading up the moving trucks.

We know what those tarps and blackouts can turn into. Yes we're kidding around and pulling your tails about this and it's all in good fun but if I was a Jags fan I'd be a little worried about those blackouts and those tarps. Being an old Oiler fan I'd know to be worried.

Any avid fan is concerned, but what can we do? We are already there, how do you convince fair weather fans to get off their duffs and spend their money? If you have the answer let me know. Other than winning with a run and shoot offense, these college fans here don't get the NFL.

As it is, I will ride this train as long as I can, and if one day the Jags are gone, I'll fish more.
Old 10-11-2007   #92
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 27214 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoth-Boy View Post
Or how about moving them to Jackson Hole, WY?
jacksonville is already a hole.

also @ TC - sorry for being ticky-tack about this, but i submit that prince's suit is more of an aqua.

also, here's a fossil i just dug up: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N3GnN6YDDe4
Old 10-11-2007   #93
jaxfan21
Rookie

I don't worry about the Tarps as the stadium with them off is one of the larger ones in the NFL so with them on it just makes the stadium market size. I do worry about the blackouts. Even if the fair weather fans go to the game all they talk about is Tim Tebow and the Gators. The only thing that will keep the Jaguars in Jville is winning and Wayne Weaver. So I hope you guys don't mind losing this weekend to help us so we don't become a new Houston, Baltimore, Cleveland, etc.....
jaxfan21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007   #94
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 27214 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJ3 View Post
why would somebody post of video of them going to the opposing stadium and losing...just....delete it or something...
because they're probably cool on their forums.
Old 10-11-2007   #95
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerfuldragon View Post
also, here's a fossil i just dug up: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N3GnN6YDDe4
That clip was pretty funny... Although, I couldn't understand a word he was saying until near the end.... "Houston's alright..... but it's no J-ville".... THANK GOD!!! and his racist statement.....
Old 10-11-2007   #96
real

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxfan21 View Post
So I hope you guys don't mind losing this weekend to help us so we don't become a new Houston, Baltimore, Cleveland, etc.....
Oh, you don't have to worry about that happening...

I doubt you guys would get another team if you lost that one...Atleast not in this lifetime...
Old 10-11-2007   #97
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 398918 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
The difference is that we did not lose the Oilers because of poor attendance.

Houston has always been a rabid football city in a rabid football state. We had an owner that was too greedy and had no desire to work with local leaders and the Houston Livestock Show & Rodeo (an annual event that is a huge tourist destination and part of our city's heritage/tradition).

Being the Texans we are, we told Mr. Rughead to blow off. So what, we waited a few years and got the team that we really wanted and deserved.

But once J'ville loses the Jags, there is a snowball's chance in hell you get another NFL team.
Old 10-11-2007   #98
Dan B.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 74774 Dan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respected

The NFL will not move to LA, at least not any time soon. Follow the money. There is no financial incentive for them to move there. Any NFL fans in LA are already watching football and contributing to the NFL's TV revenue. In addition, there is no fitting stadium (and no surrounding city is willing to pony up the billion dollars or so to build one), no prospective owner willing to spend the $$, and no burning demand for a team in the city. The average Angelino just considers USC their pro team and doesn't care about the NFL. And they won't care even if LA gets the Jags -- until they win.

I also honestly feel that LA is too good of a bargaining chip for every other team for the owners to willingly give it up. They can extort new stadiums from every city in the country by using the threat of LA. Start in Jacksonville. Move to Minnesota. Wash/Rinse/Repeat.
Dan B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007   #99
Dan B.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 74774 Dan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respected

Cities I could see the NFL considering moving the Jags to if they don't build a new stadium or sell out one game this year would be:

Birmingham
Toronto (I don't know that Toronto would spend the cash either -- I just love the idea of a Canadian team in the AFC South. Almost as good as the Arizona Cardinals were in the NFC East)
Portland
Salt Lake
San Antonio
Oklahoma City

(I wonder how much clout JJ has concerning OKC and SA. Would the Cowboys let that happen? And can they stop it?)
Dan B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007   #100
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 39179 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan B. View Post
Cities I could see the NFL considering moving the Jags to if they don't build a new stadium or sell out one game this year would be:

Birmingham
Toronto (I don't know that Toronto would spend the cash either -- I just love the idea of a Canadian team in the AFC South. Almost as good as the Arizona Cardinals were in the NFC East)
Portland
Salt Lake
San Antonio
Oklahoma City

(I wonder how much clout JJ has concerning OKC and SA. Would the Cowboys let that happen? And can they stop it?)
I'd add Vegas and Mexico City to that list as well.
Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read