Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-10-2007   #61
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Rep Power: 258 Blazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Blazing Arrow
Default Re: Oh no! A "teal-out"!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee_In_TX View Post
Last week was their first blackout [since covering up 10,000 seats to prevent blackouts].

So, 16,000 empty seats. See you in LA.
I suggested the name LA Dynamite on the MB board a while back.... it did not go over so well.

RIP Steve ... you showed us what a warrior truly is.
Blazing Arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007   #62
duvalbill
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
C'mon man it's called a sense of humor. Every season I read so many baseless comments about Houston from everybody that I can't help but laugh. I'm sure Jacksonville is a great place and there's plenty of excellent resturants there.
No worries. I don't really have thin skin either, but it's quite annoying to constantly see the label hich town attached to my home town. No one is mistaking Jacksonville for Miami, but there are plenty of things to do.
Old 10-10-2007   #63
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 116095 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by duvalbill View Post
No worries. I don't really have thin skin either, but it's quite annoying to constantly see the label hich town attached to my home town. No one is mistaking Jacksonville for Miami, but there are plenty of things to do.
In all fairness, Jacksonville is the largest city in the United States.
Old 10-10-2007   #64
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

http://www.d-nice.com/journal/archives/000024.php

http://www.jacksonville.com/tu-onlin...17877252.shtml

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007   #65
Texanfan4ever
All Pro

Rep Power: 76 Texanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respected

I actually like teal and black. It might not be real manly but put with black it's cool. Now how about the Detroit LIons they have yellow shoulders with baby blue shirt. That is really girly for a football team.

I like us in ALL steel blue, or red. The white is my least favorite.
Texanfan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007   #66
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 317617 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxfan21 View Post
Oh OK now I am not straight because I wear teal??? And it was Columbia Blue give me a break!!! Sorry I didn't know I needed to look up the facts of what the Houston Oilers wore. As a fan I didn't pick out the colors of my team but I will wear them to the end. And like a fan said earilier we don't even wear that much teal as you will see on Sunday. We haven't even worn teal one time this season.
The Texans record vs the Jags is not that far off. If we sweep you this year then it will be tied. Don't act like you have totally dominated the Jags cuz you haven't.
Don't be over-looking the Jaguars.
We certainly don't overlook any team on our schedule, and that would definitely include the Jags. You've got a good team right now, no doubt about it. We're both in one of the toughest divisions in the NFL, as none of the four teams has a losing record at this point (unlike the AFC west where no team has a winning record). We have three really tough games ahead of us with Jax, Ten, and San Diego. We could be staring at a 3-5 record if we play like we did the past two weeks.

Like others have mentioned, we're just having fun with the 'teal out' comment. Trust me when I say that folks around here know that I can rant and rave against our own marketing department's stranglehold on "tradition". We have 5-6 different uniform combos for 8 home games. So instead of having a traditional home and away jerseys, we are treated with a constant barrage of ADD driven marketing campaigns.

As far as teal, I'd say it's right up there with the smurf/baby/colombia blue that the Oilers had for so many years. Heck, as much as the history means to me, I always thought they had a Captain America vibe with the red, white and blue thing going on.

I don't blame you for wearing team colors. It's what NFL fans do. We have absolutely no say in these decisions, so we live with it and support the team or boycott and have no team spirit. I feel for ya' there.
Old 10-10-2007   #67
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
Ok, I stumbled across a picture taken during their last "Teal-Out". It sheds a little more light on what we're up against.

I'm getting a little worried. Apparently they have this thing where they invite the local homeless to spend the night and "Adopt a Tarp". This could get ugly.
You owe me a new monitor Herv!
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-10-2007   #68
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 116095 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

"Starting at Quarterback, from East Carolina University, #9 David Garrad....."

*chirp.... chirp*

Last edited by Texan_Bill; 10-10-2007 at 04:28 PM.
Texan_Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007   #69
Allstar
Bona fide

Rep Power: 18186 Allstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
“We’re only going to talk about one game at a time. The Houston Texans are up next. This is a good football team coming in here this week. I think this will be the best football team we will have played so far,” Jaguars head coach Jack Del Rio told reporters at Monday’s press conference.
Did anyone else notice that Del Rio suggested we were better than the Titans? I know WE knew that, I just didn't think that anyone else did.
Allstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007   #70
Exithios
Veteran

Rep Power: 10 Exithios was voted MVPExithios was voted MVPExithios was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by allstars View Post
Did anyone else notice that Del Rio suggested we were better than the Titans? I know WE knew that, I just didn't think that anyone else did.
I grinned when I saw that as well. I think it was a subtle jab at the Tacks myself.
Exithios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007   #71
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 249442 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by allstars View Post

Anyone who believes it deserves that feeling in the pit of their stomach after we lose that game to the Titans. Don't get too caught up on what the opposition says. Ignore their injury reports for the most part and when the gush about how good you are just hope that our players aren't falling for that sugar coating.

This is going to be our toughest game of the year by far. I think it will even exceed the Colts game (just barely because that was at home and this is on the road in a hostile stadium full of screaming empty seats).
Old 10-10-2007   #72
DiapHer
GO BIG RED!!!

Rep Power: 292 DiapHer is a quality contributor and well respectedDiapHer is a quality contributor and well respectedDiapHer is a quality contributor and well respectedDiapHer is a quality contributor and well respectedDiapHer is a quality contributor and well respectedDiapHer is a quality contributor and well respectedDiapHer is a quality contributor and well respectedDiapHer is a quality contributor and well respectedDiapHer is a quality contributor and well respectedDiapHer is a quality contributor and well respectedDiapHer is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
"Starting at Quarterback, from East Carolina University, #9 David Garrad....."

*chirp.... chirp*
I guess there are no fans at the game to applaud you Texan_Bill
Old 10-10-2007   #73
imatexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4457 imatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respected

As far as things to do in JAX thier really isnt. I went thier for a Steelers game a couple a years ago and will never go back it was sooo boring! And thier were FAR more Steelers fans than JAX.
imatexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007   #74
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by imatexan View Post
As far as things to do in JAX thier really isnt. I went thier for a Steelers game a couple a years ago and will never go back it was sooo boring! And thier were FAR more Steelers fans than JAX.
C'mon man, there is "the Landing" and ummmmmm, well, ummmmm there is "the Landing"
Old 10-11-2007   #75
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 34649 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post

SInce it looks like all the seats showed up, wouldn't this count as a sell-out in Jacksonville?
Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007   #76
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Notice, that they didn't need the tarps in the upper decks.....
Old 10-11-2007   #77
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 74671 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

For Herv, et al.:

Jaguars Urge Fans to Wear Manly Teal

Old 10-11-2007   #78
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Nice piece TC.....

My favorite pic was this one:

Absolutely classic!!!
Old 10-11-2007   #79
Brando
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1665 Brando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respected

There is one thing not to miss in Jacksonville!!!!!!!!!

The Plane

Extra Special Thanks to False Start for the signature!
Brando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007   #80
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13071 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee_In_TX View Post
Last week was their first blackout [since covering up 10,000 seats to prevent blackouts].

So, 16,000 empty seats. See you in LA.
I'm guessing Mexico City or Toronto

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read