Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-10-2007   #41
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84
Default Re: Oh no! A "teal-out"!

Quote:
Originally Posted by duvalbill View Post
I have also heard that although your stadium is always sold out, that fan attendance is not the best. Is this true?
We have some of the best tailgating at our stadium. So good, that sometimes people show up in the middle of the 1st quarter, or decide to leave in the 4th to go back outside.

The club level in any stadium is suspect, as people usually tend to socialize more than watch the game.
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007   #42
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 27364 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
There probably will be about 60,00 fans at the game. Unfortunately, many fans wait until the last minute to buy tickets which led us to the blackout we had last game. I have also heard that although your stadium is always sold out, that fan attendance is not the best. Is this true? In any event, I'm hoping for a good, clean game w/ no injuries.
BTW-how do you guys feel about the Travis Johnson hit? He was a monster at FSU, and I could definitely see his point.
Imagine if the Jags had 5 losing seasons in a row.... how bad would this blackout situation really be. All things considering (losing history thanks to previous GM and coach)... our attendance is great.
Tailgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007   #43
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 27364 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANS84 View Post
We have some of the best tailgating at our stadium. So good, that sometimes people show up in the middle of the 1st quarter, or decide to leave in the 4th to go back outside.

The club level in any stadium is suspect, as people usually tend to socialize more than watch the game.
It goes by so quick too! You get there at 8 AM sharp... and next thing you know its 11 AM and break down time. Its a pain in the rear and I can definitely understand how its so easy to get in a bit late when our fans tailgate so hard core.
Old 10-10-2007   #44
duvalbill
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tailgate View Post
Imagine if the Jags had 5 losing seasons in a row.... how bad would this blackout situation really be. All things considering (losing history thanks to previous GM and coach)... our attendance is great.
We definitely had our fair share of suspect seasons and, of course, some fans jumped off the bandwagon. It's one of the challenges of becoming a new franchise. However, our fan base is growing and most of the kids who were here when the Jags begun are now season ticket holders (myself included). Any of you guys coming down for the game? It should be a pretty good one.
Old 10-10-2007   #45
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Quote:
We definitely had our fair share of suspect seasons and, of course, some fans jumped off the bandwagon. It's one of the challenges of becoming a new franchise. However, our fan base is growing and most of the kids who were here when the Jags begun are now season ticket holders (myself included). Any of you guys coming down for the game? It should be a pretty good one.
I hear ya. I actually was planning on it till a cousins wedding popped up on the schedule. The way our offense is banged up and the way your team is playing... it may be for the best.
Old 10-10-2007   #46
duvalbill
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tailgate View Post
I hear ya. I actually was planning on it till a cousins wedding popped up on the schedule. The way our offense is banged up and the way your team is playing... it may be for the best.
I hate people that have fall weddings. I already went to one this year causing me to miss the Falcons game. Not cool.
Old 10-10-2007   #47
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Quote:
I hate people that have fall weddings. I already went to one this year causing me to miss the Falcons game. Not cool.
My cousin is well aware that this is Texas and its college football Saturday... I dont get it either. However, she did at least plan to avoid the RRSO last weekend.
Sponsored links
Old 10-10-2007   #48
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 22258 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
White is the most boring and least intimidating color there is. JMO!! I DO NOT like the all white TEXAN look. Makes me want to snore!
...but it makes us win
Old 10-10-2007   #49
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 59303 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxfan21 View Post
Ask the Steelers how the teal night worked out. I love how you are dogging Teal coming from a city that used to have baby blue as a uniform color. Who cares about the color, we could wear pink and we will still have a better franchise than you. Let me guess the Jags can't sell tickets but that is not on the franchise that is on the spoiled Gator and Noles fans who think you need to score 100 points a game in order for it to be a good game. I will be in my seats with about 60000 other fans. And all that matters is the final score.
ummmm....that was COLUMBIA BLUE. Get yer facts straight. I guess wearing teal makes it hard for you to be straight, though, eh?? J/K
Old 10-10-2007   #50
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 282778 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Who cares about the color,
Tim Connolly, your senior vice-president for business development. Did you read the first post?

“We want the fans to show their colors by wearing teal. It’s time to teal up. The coaches and players thought the Kansas City crowd looked great in red, so we’re asking our folks to wear teal. Everybody has a job on Sunday. Our job is to wear teal and be loud,” said Tim Connolly, the Jaguars’ senior vice-president for business development.

Quote:
we could wear pink and we will still have a better franchise than you.
Pink might be a good fit for the Jags. You think you have a better franchise, but our head-to-head record tells a different story. No matter how bad it gets for us, we can still count on punking the Jags.
Old 10-10-2007   #51
hobie
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3753 hobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
Tim Connolly, your senior vice-president for business development. Did you read the first post?

“We want the fans to show their colors by wearing teal. It’s time to teal up. The coaches and players thought the Kansas City crowd looked great in red, so we’re asking our folks to wear teal. Everybody has a job on Sunday. Our job is to wear teal and be loud,” said Tim Connolly, the Jaguars’ senior vice-president for business development.

Pink might be a good fit for the Jags. You think you have a better franchise, but our head-to-head record tells a different story. No matter how bad it gets for us, we can still count on punking the Jags.

Well the Texans are 6-4 vs. the cats, so at least they are a team that they know they have a winning record against. 3-2 at home and at thier place, so it's not to bad a thing knowing they can win there as well.
hobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007   #52
jaxfan21
Rookie

Oh OK now I am not straight because I wear teal??? And it was Columbia Blue give me a break!!! Sorry I didn't know I needed to look up the facts of what the Houston Oilers wore. As a fan I didn't pick out the colors of my team but I will wear them to the end. And like a fan said earilier we don't even wear that much teal as you will see on Sunday. We haven't even worn teal one time this season.
The Texans record vs the Jags is not that far off. If we sweep you this year then it will be tied. Don't act like you have totally dominated the Jags cuz you haven't.
Don't be over-looking the Jaguars.
jaxfan21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007   #53
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 225674 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Ok, I stumbled across a picture taken during their last "Teal-Out". It sheds a little more light on what we're up against.

I'm getting a little worried. Apparently they have this thing where they invite the local homeless to spend the night and "Adopt a Tarp". This could get ugly.
Old 10-10-2007   #54
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 133798 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

lol at the Awful Waffle blast on the scoreboard...that's 4 star dining in Jacksonville.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007   #55
duvalbill
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
lol at the Awful Waffle blast on the scoreboard...that's 4 star dining in Jacksonville.
Have you ever been to Jacksonville? There are quite a few amazing restaurants there. But feel free to make baseless comments all you want.
Old 10-10-2007   #56
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 133798 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Have you ever been to Jacksonville? There are quite a few amazing restaurants there. But feel free to make baseless comments all you want.
yeah, I've been all over the USA. I lived in Destin (great place btw) for a while...so I know North Florida. The Waffle House is on every corner....lighten up...it's smack. Don't be too offended by humor.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007   #57
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 225674 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
C'mon man it's called a sense of humor. Every season I read so many baseless comments about Houston from everybody that I can't help but laugh. I'm sure Jacksonville is a great place and there's plenty of excellent resturants there.
Old 10-10-2007   #58
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 28016 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post

It's time to teal up? Teal up?

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Teal up...sounds like the more flamboyant version of Cowboy up.

hehehehehehehe
Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007   #59
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 102753 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
YUP... I've been there, several times over the course of a year and a half...

There is a Morton's Steakhouse and Hooters
Old 10-10-2007   #60
New_Texans
All Pro

Rep Power: 29 New_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respected

Teal is such an ugly color....who picked those colors?

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read