Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 10-09-2007   #1
jerek
Pro Hobbyist

Rep Power: 11661 jerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to jerek
Default Cowboys this year's Super Bowl champs?

I know it's too early to make meaningful predictions, but that doesn't stop sports media from trying. I'm already hearing a lot about the Cowboys as this year's Super Bowl champion.

My question is, how?

What serious contender have they beaten? How, if Romo can cough up 6 turnovers against the lowly Buffalo defense, will he compete against AFC powerhouses New England or Indianapolis?
Old 10-09-2007   #2
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 18101 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Cowboys this year's Super Bowl champs?

They're looking pretty damn good right now. If they can pull out a win from a trap game with 5 interceptions, it makes me think they might be the team of destiny.

Most teams just wouldn't have pulled that off.

I'm sure that the upcoming game with the Patriots will be billed as Super Bowl 51 and a half.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007   #3
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerek View Post

What serious contender have they beaten? How, if Romo can cough up 6 turnovers against the lowly Buffalo defense, will he compete against AFC powerhouses New England or Indianapolis?
answer: he wont

the depressing thing is that they could actually make the SB this yr because the nfc is as horrible as it ever been

it was always bad but they're was always one good team capable of competing like the eagles or seahawks...every nfc team this year is pretty flawed
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007   #4
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. White View Post
They're looking pretty damn good right now. If they can pull out a win from a trap game with 5 interceptions, it makes me think they might be the team of destiny.

Most teams just wouldn't have pulled that off.

I'm sure that the upcoming game with the Patriots will be billed as Super Bowl 51 41 and a half.

who cares they somehow managed to beat a crappy team despite playing bad doesnt mean hell.. wait til the pats destroy them (and brady torches their secondary) and people will see how flawed they also are
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007   #5
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

they had a bad game, doesn't mean much, they can beat anyone.
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007   #6
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 111928 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Hell no, The pats & colts would dismantle them, & Pittsburgh could probably give them a good game. All you've got to do is make 1-2 good plays against Romo (int, sack) & you rattle his already fragile confidence. Either that or get him in front of a loud, hostile crowd.

His performance against us & last nights tells me that.

HE IS WHO I THOUGHT HE WAS! but any of the above mentioned teams won't LET HIM OFF THE HOOK! like the bills did last night.

Last edited by Mr teX; 10-09-2007 at 12:27 PM.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007   #7
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

boy that joke never gets old.
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-09-2007   #8
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 126364 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
Hell no, The pats & colts would dismantle them, & Pittsburgh could probably give them a good game. All you've got to do is make 1-2 good plays against Romo (int, sack) & you rattle his already fragile confidence. Either that or get him in front of a loud, hostile crowd.

His performance against us & last nights tells me that.

HE IS WHO I THOUGHT HE WAS! but any of the above mentioned teams won't LET HIM OFF THE HOOK! like the bills did last night.
We wont have to wait much longer to find out.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007   #9
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 13945 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

The Patriots will make Romo look like a nobody.

The Brady Bunch WILL go undefeated this year.
Old 10-10-2007   #10
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 107589 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kastofsna View Post
boy that joke never gets old.
Yeah, some people are sooo 2006... can't they drop that stale joke, and get on with overusing the "leave Britney alone" jokes like the rest of us...
michaelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007   #11
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 168015 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Barring injury to Brady, I can't see any team competing against the Pats. They're just stacked.

That said, I'd be very happy to lose to them this season. Hint, hint, wink, wink.
Old 10-11-2007   #12
GoPats
Veteran

Rep Power: 11 GoPats is on the Pro-Bowl ballotGoPats is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

The Pats will have trouble with TO (our CBs are smallish) so I'd expect something unusual from NE (maybe switch to a 4-3 to get better pressure, or have Harrison cover TO with help over the top), and Marion Barber scares me (mostly on short passes). Romo is a crapshoot... I don't think he'll have a great game, but I don't think he could possibly be worse than he was Monday. And even with that performance, he still managed to throw a couple of big passes late to get them into FG range. But I think the fact that the Cowboys were able to win the game despite 6 turnovers has a lot more to do with Buffalo than it does with Dallas (no disrespect to the Bills, but c'mon).

That said... I think Monday reminded everyone of the gap between the AFC and the NFC. I realize any team can beat another team "any given Sunday," but the difference between the top NFC teams and the top AFC teams is huge right now. The Pats haven't really been tested, but Dallas REALLY hasn't been tested.

I don't mean to sound cocky -- I just honestly think the Pats will handle them pretty easily. Maybe something like 31-17. Not a blowout, but not too close either.
Old 10-12-2007   #13
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 59912 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

New England and Pittsburgh is the real Super Bowl- the one on television is just for fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
For being the most intelligent form of life on our planet, we sure do some incredibly stupid things.
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007   #14
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 269060 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Randy Moss...........glue fingers

Terrell Owen..........buttered fingers........the better to lubricate an area of his anatomy which will need it's services during the game
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read