Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 10-08-2007   #1
BSofA04
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 304 BSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Texas WR Sweed out for season

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3054942
Texas WR Limas Sweed is having season ending wrist surgery.

Previously a lock for the first round, how much will his stock drop? I'm sure he's at least a 2nd round pick, but any chance he drops to the 3rd round? I'm saying no. Thoughts?
Old 10-08-2007   #2
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 61322 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texas WR Sweed out for season

He'll be this years' Adrian Peterson AKA Injury history? What injury history? I am Superman."

I don't expect him to fall if a spot or two.
Old 10-08-2007   #3
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 89551 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

i'm curious about this also. maybe out of homerism for a local kid (though NOT a UT fan), but this kid has been my favorite receiver for a couple years now and would be the only receiver i'd get excited about the texans taking. how possible is it that he could slide to the 3rd round because of this injury or us move into the second to take him if he slid there?
Old 10-08-2007   #4
rollinstone18
let it bleed

Rep Power: 2574 rollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm sure the Titans will give him a look with their 1st round pick.
rollinstone18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007   #5
BSofA04
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 304 BSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by rollinstone18 View Post
I'm sure the Titans will give him a look with their 1st round pick.
Yeah Bud's gotta be salavating as we speak. Rep to you!
Old 10-08-2007   #6
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3659 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSofA04 View Post
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3054942
Texas WR Limas Sweed is having season ending wrist surgery.

Previously a lock for the first round, how much will his stock drop? I'm sure he's at least a 2nd round pick, but any chance he drops to the 3rd round? I'm saying no. Thoughts?
his draft status will be up in the air until his workout day. if he runs a 4.4 and shows that he has good hands after the wrist injury, he could still salvage a late 1st Round selection. he's the type of specimen that leaves NFL scouts drooling. Personally I wouldnt draft him until the late 2nd Round based on his injury history and his tendency to disappear in big games.
Old 10-08-2007   #7
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 153410 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroHonda View Post
He'll be this years' Adrian Peterson AKA Injury history? What injury history? I am Superman."

I don't expect him to fall if a spot or two.
he's never been considered as elite a prospect as Peterson. Like SH stated, his draft slot will heavily depend on his workouts and how he runs at the combine now....I'm sure he slips a bit.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-09-2007   #8
LORK 88
Wreck'em Ŧech!

Rep Power: 202 LORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to LORK 88

I think he slips a bit, but not too much. It could be much worse, a season ending knee or foot injury would hurt his stock a great deal more than this will. I'll say he's a late R1/early R2 prospect at this point in time assuming he makes a full recovery with no lingering side effects. A lot will be riding on his combine/pre draft workouts, so it's up to him to re-gain his draft status and prove people wrong.
Old 10-09-2007   #9
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1725 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Sweed isn't even the best WR in the Big 12, and I have never graded him as a first round talent, just overhyped.
Old 10-09-2007   #10
BSofA04
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungTexanFan View Post
Sweed isn't even the best WR in the Big 12, and I have never graded him as a first round talent, just overhyped.
I'm going to disagree with you on this. Sweed has had some tremendous games and can catch some ridiculous receptions. He's a game breaker and is at best, a top 2 reciver in the Big 12. As far as the overhyped, well tell me where he has been hyped as a top 10 pick? From his experence, we can see a legitimate first rounder..for sure.
Old 10-09-2007   #11
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 86686 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

He was never that good in the 1st place; he came in talking about how he wanted to be like Roy Williams. Got permission to wear his number & everything & then didn't live up to the hype. Had 1 pretty good year in 2005 with VY & has since gone back to being average.

if he goes in the 1st, i'll be surprised.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007   #12
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 27364 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected

Low first, High second for Sweed.
Tailgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007   #13
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1725 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSofA04 View Post
I'm going to disagree with you on this. Sweed has had some tremendous games and can catch some ridiculous receptions. He's a game breaker and is at best, a top 2 reciver in the Big 12. As far as the overhyped, well tell me where he has been hyped as a top 10 pick? From his experence, we can see a legitimate first rounder..for sure.
Bowman is the best WR in the Big 12, and I would take Jordy Nelson over Sweed too. As far as overhyped, just look at this board. Everyone thinks he is amazing, or just look at a lot of 08 mocks that are out right now to see him what anyone would call "overhyped."

He isn't an elite talent. He is a solid prospect, but nothing more.
Old 10-09-2007   #14
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
As far as overhyped, just look at this board. Everyone thinks he is amazing, .

well thats stupid- is darren mcfadden overhyped too?.. everybody likes him right??
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007   #15
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddict5 View Post
well thats stupid- is darren mcfadden overhyped too?.. everybody likes him right??
yes, he is. but...he is also a legit talent in any view.
Old 10-09-2007   #16
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 50265 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

injurys are a part of football but just how much weight do scouts/nfl organizations place on this aspect? probably vaires all over the board depending on teams history, however wrist breaks are easily fixed with good surgery (which you have to assume he gets) about the only thing it hurts is his football game endurance & that will be up to him to maintain since he has the most to gain, demonstrating work ethic, measureables, rehabing hand strength & showing the maturity to take of ones body like a pro.

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007   #17
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 1061 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Bowman is the best WR in the Big 12, and I would take Jordy Nelson over Sweed too. As far as overhyped, just look at this board. Everyone thinks he is amazing, or just look at a lot of 08 mocks that are out right now to see him what anyone would call "overhyped."

He isn't an elite talent. He is a solid prospect, but nothing more.
Agreed.

Nelson is a BEAST unlike anything I have seen this year. He is 100% the real deal. His draft stock rose after that Texas game. This guy is going to be awesome in the pros, and I would love to see him in a Texans uni.
Old 10-09-2007   #18
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

I think Sweed makes plays because he is dominate physically over many college players, but his WR skills i.e. route running/hands/etc don't seem to be that special. My guess is that he goes in the 2nd round.
ArlingtonTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007   #19
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 153410 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArlingtonTexan View Post
I think Sweed makes plays because he is dominate physically over many college players, but his WR skills i.e. route running/hands/etc don't seem to be that special. My guess is that he goes in the 2nd round.
He has a bit of the Terrell Owens thing going on....late first, early second is what I'm thinking. He is 6'5 220...pretty much prototype.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007   #20
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 50265 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

the bulk of the WR's went in the 3rd rd. of the 2007 starting with Jacoby pick #73. Owens was also picked up in the 3rd rd. #89. If Sweed is elite caliber & 1st rd. material how does he compare to Dwayne Bowe, Robert Meachem, Greg Davis & Anthony Gonzalez? I'm thinking he is more of a Dwayne Jarrett mid 2nd rd. pick somewhere between elite & serviceable #2's & 3's.

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read