Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

View Poll Results: What is our record after 8 games this season
3 - 5 2 2.90%
4 - 4 23 33.33%
5 - 3 37 53.62%
6 - 2 7 10.14%
Voters: 69. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-08-2007   #1
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 287939 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Predict our record after 8 games

So, knowing what we know now, what do you think our record will be at the halfway point of this season?

Jacksonville there
Tennessee here
San Diego there

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007   #2
alphajoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4560 alphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Predict our record after 8 games

Why not 6-2?
alphajoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007   #3
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Rep Power: 287939 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexMexVato View Post
Why not 6-2?
You know, I forgot to include that. Sorry about that.

And no, it wasn't deliberate. Just old age creeping in. LOL

Old 10-08-2007   #4
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 32471 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected

SD after last weeks performance could be turning a corner. They have a TON of talent on both sides of the ball and its in Cali. Jax in Fl against that stout D will be extremely tough. Tenn at home we BETTER win. But I see us at .500
Tailgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007   #5
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 114345 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

i believe we can go 2-1 through these games. with our success against jacksonville i'm betting that we can win next week, especially with green back. we absolutely have to beat tennessee and having AJ for that game may be the spark that gets it for us. san diego has looked terrible up until last week, but they've had a rough schedule so far and i'm not sure how we'll hold up against merriman & phillips. these division games are critical, and if we bring our A game, i think we'll be able to take them.
Old 10-09-2007   #6
austintexanite
All Pro

I would like for us to go 6-2, but that wasn't an option.
austintexanite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007   #7
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 127410 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Picked 5-3, but would love to see 6-2!!!!
Old 10-09-2007   #8
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 22258 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

with what i've seen so far, i'll say 4-4 ...
Old 10-09-2007   #9
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 89889 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

I'll say 5-3 . Jacksonville might take us I think .If we can get Dre back for the Tennessee game I think we can beat them . San Diego has looked bad this year , except for last week . I think we can sneak up on them and catch them slipping .

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007   #10
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
You know, I forgot to include that. Sorry about that.

And no, it wasn't deliberate. Just old age creeping in. LOL

I added the 6-2 option in there for you. I think we'll be 5-3. We'll manage to lose one of those three. San Diego looked like they woke up against Denver so we'll see which Charger team we face. The Titans always play well against us, and I hope we have AJ back for that game. The Jags play us tough in their house in front of all their fans...er...ummm....tarp covered seats.
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007   #11
Spike
Veteran

Rep Power: 20 Spike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of Famer

My heart says 5-3, but my head says 4-4...so I am going with 4-4.

This team is absolutely capable of winning the next three games, but injuries have taken a huge toll on this team. Winning 2/3 would have exceeded my expectations before the start of the season, but at the very least we need to win one of these games.
Spike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007   #12
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike View Post
My heart says 5-3, but my head says 4-4...so I am going with 4-4.

This team is absolutely capable of winning the next three games, but injuries have taken a huge toll on this team. Winning 2/3 would have exceeded my expectations before the start of the season, but at the very least we need to win one of these games.

I've always said I'd be happy with an 8-8 season this year. I still will be, because that will show progress which is all I can ask for. Next year I expect us to be in the hunt for a wild card spot.

In any case, I voted for 4-4 when I put the poll up.

Old 10-09-2007   #13
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasguy346 View Post
I added the 6-2 option in there for you.

thanks!

Old 10-09-2007   #14
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 94067 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Before the season started I was telling anyone that would listen that we would be 6-2 after 8 games. That was before we lost all those offensive starters though.

I have down graded to 5-3 now after dropping that Falcons game.
Old 10-09-2007   #15
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 14154 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Brandon420tx

"Predict our record after 8 games"

8-0, oh wait.

guess I'll have to settle for 6-2.
Old 10-10-2007   #16
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Well, if they want a wild card game....a home wild card game,they gotta go 3-1 in October and November. I voted for 5-3...but I don't believe it. Colt/Atalnta swing killed them I'm thinking. They needed one of those. They go into Jac. and UPSET the Jags... We'll see. Demeeeeco must play much better and Ron Dayne must play much better. Light a candle for Flannery, er the old moss back center.
Old 10-10-2007   #17
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

5-3. I think we beat both Jacksonville and Carolina but lose at San Diego

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007   #18
TrierOfFact
waterboy

Definitely can't see us winning all those games, but all of those teams have weaknesses that I know we can exploit. Texans have been a pretty consistent team so far this year, and consistency is worth a lot on the football field.
TrierOfFact is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007   #19
Exithios
Veteran

Rep Power: 10 Exithios was voted MVPExithios was voted MVPExithios was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
5-3. I think we beat both Jacksonville and Tennessee but lose at San Diego
There fixed it for ya, we have already beat Carolina.
Exithios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007   #20
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 23832 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

5-3. I expect us to beat the jags, and beat either tennessee or san diego, but not both...tennessee the most likely choice since it's at home.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read