Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-08-2007   #1
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 85602 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Kubiak news conference at 3:30 PM

On right now.
Marcus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007   #2
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 66827 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Kubiak news conference at 3:30 PM

Whats he saying?

Is Andre coming back any time soon?
Old 10-08-2007   #3
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 85602 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
Whats he saying?

Is Andre coming back any time soon?
Says Andre is running, but still day to day, probably not this week, maybe next week, maybe.
Old 10-08-2007   #4
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 139897 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
Says Andre is running, but still day to day, probably not this week, maybe next week, maybe.
%$&*$%#$##$@$@!!!
Old 10-08-2007   #5
real

Said Jacoby and Ahman should be back...
Old 10-08-2007   #6
real

Said Walker is NOT READY...
Old 10-08-2007   #7
jaayteetx
Hall of Fame

Section: 623
Rep Power: 29696 jaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respected

Also said Charles Spencer probably not going to play this year, bummer.
Old 10-08-2007   #8
real

Said it's not looking likely for Spencer to come back this year, but said his career is fine....
Old 10-08-2007   #9
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 4279 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by real View Post
Said Jacoby and Ahman should be back...
We need them.
Old 10-08-2007   #10
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

Having a JJ & Green back will definately help. I'd love to have AJ back, but we can't force it.
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007   #11
real

Said he and Rick talked about Bringing Lundy back...

But said Gado and Dayne have done everything right up until this point and he's going to give them every opprotunity...
Old 10-08-2007   #12
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Said he's been on the horn with the league most of the morning. The league told him the chop block on Johnson was legal. But you could tell from his tone, he disagreed with it. And said it will be a major subject to bring up before the competition committee.

Said Jacoby and Ahman will 'probably' be back this week.

Said that Travis Johnson his having an MRI on his knee done.

Demps had his elbow dislocated on the field, and they popped it back in, and went out and played.

About the running game, it's not just Dayne and Gado, there are problems up front, mentioned the Mckinney loss, but other things up front, mentioned that "they were running uphill" on some plays, meaning they had the wrong scheme at time. It's "a lot of things".

Darius Walker, said he was doing some good things in practice, but still is not there yet.

Said Fred Bennett did some good things, and Petey played good in the nickel, probably use that same combo this week.
Old 10-08-2007   #13
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 279523 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Demps had his elbow dislocated on the field, and they popped it back in, and went out and played.
Don't hate him cause he's pretty.

That's freaking tough right there.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007   #14
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasguy346 View Post
Having a JJ & Green back will definately help. I'd love to have AJ back, but we can't force it.
I know I'd dearly love to have Green back, but I wonder if they are forcing it, IMO.
Old 10-08-2007   #15
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 66827 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Sometimes I HATE the Texans FO. They are so freaking misleading.

First, I thought Spencer was trying to come back by TC. Then preseason. Then the regular season. Then the PUP week 6. Now hes probably not coming back until next year.

Next, I was lead to believe AJ was out 2 weeks with a PCL. Then I read its a PCL/MCL and its 2-4 weeks. 3 (or 4?) weeks later, we hear at least 1, maybe 2 or more weeks

Then I believe Ahman is going to play 2 weeks ago. Then they say he is probable for last week. Now he isn't even guaranteed for this week?

And about Lundy, what does he mean Dayne and Gado have done everything right? Sure, our OL has been a major disapointment in the run game, but I have seen plenty of holes and watched our running backs run directly into piles.

*sigh*
Old 10-08-2007   #16
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Also said that he and the staff sat down this morning and evaluated themselves as coaches, something that's normally done at the end of the season, but Kubes wants to do about every 4 or 5 games, saying "why wait til the end of the season when it's too late."
Old 10-08-2007   #17
houstonhurricane
All Pro

Rep Power: 938 houstonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
Don't hate him cause he's pretty.

That's freaking tough right there.
Are you kidding me? I suffered that injury in high school and was one of the most painful things I have endured. Beast...
Old 10-08-2007   #18
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
Sometimes I HATE the Texans FO. They are so freaking misleading.

First, I thought Spencer was trying to come back by TC. Then preseason. Then the regular season. Then the PUP week 6. Now hes probably not coming back until next year.

Next, I was lead to believe AJ was out 2 weeks with a PCL. Then I read its a PCL/MCL and its 2-4 weeks. 3 (or 4?) weeks later, we hear at least 1, maybe 2 or more weeks

Then I believe Ahman is going to play 2 weeks ago. Then they say he is probable for last week. Now he isn't even guaranteed for this week?

And about Lundy, what does he mean Dayne and Gado have done everything right? Sure, our OL has been a major disapointment in the run game, but I have seen plenty of holes and watched our running backs run directly into piles.

*sigh*
Regarding Spencer, I don't see how anyone, given the severity of his injury should be surprised by this. I remember Kubes saying in one his pressrs weeks ago that he didn't expect Spencer to be back.

Regarding AJ' and Green's injuries, they are tough to predict, but I think the FO keeping them out until they are sure they are 100 per cent is a good move. It won't do any good to being them back at less than 100%, have them take another hit, and be out for 6 more.

Having said that, they do have a history of being vague with injuries, but I wonder if the new HIPAA regulations have something to do with that.
Old 10-08-2007   #19
Exithios
Veteran

Rep Power: 10 Exithios was voted MVPExithios was voted MVPExithios was voted MVP

Quote:
Said he's been on the horn with the league most of the morning. The league told him the chop block on Johnson was legal. But you could tell from his tone, he disagreed with it. And said it will be a major subject to bring up before the competition committee. This was a legal hit because TJ wasn't coming off of a block and it was a block to the front of the legs, not the back.

Said Jacoby and Ahman will 'probably' be back this week. This should help our cause immensely. ST and our run game have suffered immensely in their absense.

Said that Travis Johnson his having an MRI on his knee done. I am confident that it is just bruised, if he is hurt for any length of time I think Maddox should be able to fill that position suficiently.

Demps had his elbow dislocated on the field, and they popped it back in, and went out and played. I dislocated my shoulder in high school and went back in 2 plays later as a running back, having a dislocated elbow placed is much worse than a shoulder as far as pain is concerned. This speaks volumes for Demps.

About the running game, it's not just Dayne and Gado, there are problems up front, mentioned the Mckinney loss, but other things up front, mentioned that "they were running uphill" on some plays, meaning they had the wrong scheme at time. It's "a lot of things". Our line is a liability in the run game but Ahman will help bandaid it a bit. Dayne thrived in the ZBS and I don't beleive we have used it this season.

Darius Walker, said he was doing some good things in practice, but still is not there yet. I can agree but what keeps Walker from being on the roster and getting a couple of carries a game to coach him up?

Said Fred Bennett did some good things, and Petey played good in the nickel, probably use that same combo this week. Our secondary looked better yesterday then it has the previous 4 games. Bennett is still a rook and he will make his mistakes but I beleive that he will surpass Petey as the season progresses. .
My $0.02
Exithios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007   #20
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 74671 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Axiomatic.

Kubiak never dumps a specific player in the grease unless he isn't working hard.

For example.

He goes on and on about his belief in Dayne and Gado.

But.......

But he did talk to Rick Smith about Lundy. Knows Lundy is in shape. And Lundy worked out for some unnamed team today.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read