Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-08-2007   #21
pappy
Veteran

Rep Power: 3248 pappy is a quality contributor and well respectedpappy is a quality contributor and well respectedpappy is a quality contributor and well respectedpappy is a quality contributor and well respectedpappy is a quality contributor and well respectedpappy is a quality contributor and well respectedpappy is a quality contributor and well respectedpappy is a quality contributor and well respectedpappy is a quality contributor and well respectedpappy is a quality contributor and well respectedpappy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Bennett, White and Walker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
No, he could do a LOT worse. At least Dayne can block, and pick up a blitz.

I think that is what real is referring to.
I can honestly say i have never seen Dayne do any such thing and having backs who run is the whole idea . No offense but a lineman should block a lineman and running backs should run , not many great backs can block and should not have to . They protect the quarterback via play action and as an outlet receiver . Why do we not see any delay runs and or draws from this team whats up with that ? Its ok to be of a different mind set about this but a fullback is built more better for blocking and that is his primary duty .
pappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007   #22
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 63721 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by pappy View Post
I can honestly say i have never seen Dayne do any such thing and having backs who run is the whole idea . No offense but a lineman should block a lineman and running backs should run , not many great backs can block and should not have to . They protect the quarterback via play action and as an outlet receiver . Why do we not see any delay runs and or draws from this team whats up with that ? Its ok to be of a different mind set about this but a fullback is built more better for blocking and that is his primary duty .
Ahman Green is reowned for his blocking talents. Yeah, I don't agree with you on your stance about RBs should just run.

Now I think I MAY agree with you on Dayne's blocking talents. I don't know for certain if he's a solid blocker but I believe I've seen him whiff a whole bunch of blocks inside the pocket when Schaub looks downfield.
Old 10-08-2007   #23
BattleRedToro
Thread Killer

Rep Power: 3990 BattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respected

Aren't Pratice Squad players also used to prepare the defense for the upcoming opponent by mimicing the opponents offense.
Old 10-08-2007   #24
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Can't we sign ANY player from ANY team's practice squad?

Seems there would be a substantial group of young RBs out there to look at.

I am just having a hard time believing that Ron Dayne and Samkon Gado are about "it" as it's related to runing back talent out there.

(sigh).

I hate our running back situation. Makes me angry.
Old 10-08-2007   #25
Texanmike02
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 89488 Texanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpshafer_1976 View Post
Can't we sign ANY player from ANY team's practice squad?

Seems there would be a substantial group of young RBs out there to look at.

I am just having a hard time believing that Ron Dayne and Samkon Gado are about "it" as it's related to runing back talent out there.

(sigh).

I hate our running back situation. Makes me angry.
The thing is, what is signing a rb who won't start for you next year going to accomplish? You try to get through the year with what's on your roster and prepare for next year. I think it's been pretty well established that this isn't our year so why go looking for rb's that we can't use in the future. If you are going to aquire a RB at some point.. Turner seems like the only viable option... but we don't have anything to give up for him right now. I doubt SD want's to hear Davis for Turner.

Mike

Sig by False Start - Thanks man

Govern my country, NOT MY LIFE!
Texanmike02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007   #26
real

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
Sounds like you called him worthless to me but maybe we have different ideas of what worthless is. If he is going to get people killed that would pretty much mean he is worthless.
Why would we have someone on the practice squad who has something to offer the team (AKA has worth) and our Running backs are clearly struggling....

All the while Kubiak is saying he's not ready for that stage...

You're absolutely right Spec....Darius Walker is an over flowing fountain of worth to us....

Open your eyes...

If he was of any value I think he wouldn't have gotten cut so early and he wouldn't be stuck on the practice squad with the coach saying he's not ready...all the while our running game is miserable....LOL....
Old 10-08-2007   #27
real

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroHonda View Post
So do you think he has value and is worth paying to be on our practice squad? Does he have any kind of future here? Or is he just a body that we're required to have on the practice squad?
Personally I don't think Darius Walker is anything Special...

But he's young...That doesn't mean he can't develop...

RIGHT NOW...KUBIAK STATED: "DARIUS WALKER IS NOT READY"....lol..

How much more clear can it get ?
Sponsored links

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read