Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 05-27-2004   #1
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346
Default Biggest Draft Day Busts?

Hey everyone. I recently got to wondering about who is the biggest draft day bust? The name that kept popping into my head was Ryan Leaf. Geeze did that guy have a crushing fall from the podium in NY to rock bottom. What do you guys think? Doesn't just have to be a QB, it can be any position at all.
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2004   #2
V Man
Pumpkinhead

Rep Power: 19 V Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden cover
Send a message via MSN to V Man

Charles Hill is #1

Seriously, I think you should make a All-NFL Bust team.

QB-Ryan Leaf
RB-Kajana Carter
OL-Tony Mandarich
V Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2004   #3
V Man
Pumpkinhead

Rep Power: 19 V Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden cover
Send a message via MSN to V Man

To add some defensive players to the list.

Keith McCants- DL
Brian Bosworth- LB
Andy Katzenmoyer- LB
V Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2004   #4
dmt217
Veteran

Akili Smith
RJ Soward
dmt217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2004   #5
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

Andre Wadsworth
Ryan Lief (sp?)
Tony Mandarich
Desmond Howard
David Klingler
Andre Ware
KiJana Carter
Heath Shuler
Akili Smith
Steve Emtman

I could go on but that is enough.
TheOgre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2004   #6
J-Man
Veteran

1. Todd Marinovich
2. Ryan Leaf
3. Tony Mandrich or Akili Smith
4. Desmond Howard
5. David Klingler

Eat 'em Up, KATS!
J-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2004   #7
texans
Veteran

the 3 bigest budst ever were
1.kijina carter
2.ryan leaf
3.akill smith
texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 05-28-2004   #8
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

The biggest have to be:

Leaf
Mandrich

After these two losers, the others don't look near as bad. Not that they weren't busts, but on relative terms, they aren't as big of ones.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2004   #9
LiveForTheGame
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to LiveForTheGame

I'm going to go ahead and say Eric Crouch was a bust...wasn't a high draft pick but the kid won the Heisman Trophy.
LiveForTheGame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2004   #10
jags98
Veteran

Quote:
I'm going to go ahead and say Eric Crouch was a bust...wasn't a high draft pick but the kid won the Heisman Trophy.
I wouldnt really consider him a bust because everybody knew this kid couldnt be an NFL QB.

You do you think will be the biggest bust of this years draft??
jags98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2004   #11
D-ReK
RAWWWRR!

Rep Power: 685 D-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by jags98
\You do you think will be the biggest bust of this years draft??
i'm guessing one of the qb's...either manning, due to the pressure he put on himself to go to new york, rivers, due to his awkward delivery, or losman, due to his immaturity...i think roethlisberger will be the best out of that crop...
D-ReK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2004   #12
jags98
Veteran

I agree.. I think Roelishberger will be a stud...He kinda reminds me of Leftwich . I think Rivers will be an excellent QB, but i agree i think Losman immaturity will hurt him but he has an excellent arm. I hope Eli fails for be a lil baby and show his immaturity( but daddy i dont wanna be a charger :hehe: ).
jags98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2004   #13
Frailty
Rookie

Rivers, mechanics suck. I just dont think you can correct them the way they should be.....
I think many of the dlineman in this years draft will be busts, but you gotta give dlineman atleast a year or two to decide, some of the ones from last year got something to prove....
Frailty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2004   #14
LiveForTheGame
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to LiveForTheGame

Roethlisberger never played against any solid teams. It's hard to judge how good he is when for the conference championship they played against bowling green. Rivers does have a low delivery, but he completed a godlypercentage of his passes and he's 6'5. I watched a lot of his games last season and I don't remember a single pass being knocked down. His Senior Bowl performance was unreal. In my mind Manning had a right to not want to go to the Chargers. I'd do the same thing if my career was on the line. Let's not forget about all the great players in football and other sports that pouted and didn't want to go to a certain team.
LiveForTheGame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2004   #15
HoustonTexansAreTheBest
Veteran

I looked at everyone's list of busts, and I'm going to stick up for two of them. The first one being Desmond Howard, Howard may have never panned out as WR, but he's good return man. So that's no bust in my book.

Andy Katz. That kid got hit with injuries, and probably could've really done well on anther team. He never got the chance in NE.

"Hope Is On the Way"-John Edwards
HoustonTexansAreTheBest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2004   #16
kbourda
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34 kbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respected

How about adding Aundray Bruce to that list. As well as Rick Mirer. And how about the fan fav Lawrence Phillips (lol).
kbourda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2004   #17
HoustonTexansAreTheBest
Veteran

Curtis Enis, was drafted with the 4th pick by the Chicago Bears, let's see 98 or 99. I watched the draft. He was suppose to be real good, but after a yr or two. You never heard from him again. He retired at the age of 24 I think. I wouldn't call him a bust, he just never really played.

Old 05-31-2004   #18
D-ReK
RAWWWRR!

Rep Power: 685 D-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonTexansAreTheBest
Curtis Enis, was drafted with the 4th pick by the Chicago Bears, let's see 98 or 99. I watched the draft. He was suppose to be real good, but after a yr or two. You never heard from him again. He retired at the age of 24 I think. I wouldn't call him a bust, he just never really played.
i would think if you were drafted with the 4th pick, you would play...if you're drafted that high and don't get into a game, you're the definition of a bust...
Old 05-31-2004   #19
HoustonTexansAreTheBest
Veteran

Some early picks sit on the bench for a year, so they can learn a little before they play.

Old 05-31-2004   #20
D-ReK
RAWWWRR!

true, but that's generally not the case with backs...his stats were decent for his first two years, but players drafted in the top 5 are expected to be great players for many years, not servicible players for two years...

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read