Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-09-2007   #81
thegr8fan
All Pro

Rep Power: 667 thegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texan fans are idiots too!

Quote:
It's a bit of hindsight, but you could say the mistake was Cameron not calling timeout. If he had, that would have forced Kubiak's hand, and he probably would have just tried to run the clock on 2nd down, based on his comments.
I heard that also Rex and wondered it THAT was what prompted Kubiak to call a pass play on the next play.

OR

OK, now I am going to go out on a long skinny limb and hand the board a chainsaw to use here, BUUUTTTTTT

should we consider that PERHAPS the crowd 'boo-ing' Kubiak's RUN call, prompted him to go for a Pass play on the next play???

yeah I know, the Head Coach doesn't listen to the armchair QB's sittin in the stands and blah, blah.

But just consider it for a moment before you throw the BS card at this comment.

It IS a possibility. Not a good one, but a definite possibility............no?
Old 10-09-2007   #82
YellerLotYeller
nice marmot

Rep Power: 188 YellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazing Arrow View Post
Those same fans who do not know when to cheer and not to cheer support your team though ticket revenue. And if a team is not making enough ticket revenue they tend to leave the location they call home ..... sounds familiar some how

I would call them a necessary evil .... now if they could all be placed in a certain area ... maybe take a quick multiple choice test when you purchase your tickets?
We had no problem filling the Dome.....anyway you can have our leftovers.
YellerLotYeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007   #83
YellerLotYeller
nice marmot

Rep Power: 188 YellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegr8fan View Post
I heard that also Rex and wondered it THAT was what prompted Kubiak to call a pass play on the next play.

OR

OK, now I am going to go out on a long skinny limb and hand the board a chainsaw to use here, BUUUTTTTTT

should we consider that PERHAPS the crowd 'boo-ing' Kubiak's RUN call, prompted him to go for a Pass play on the next play???

yeah I know, the Head Coach doesn't listen to the armchair QB's sittin in the stands and blah, blah.

No....
Old 10-09-2007   #84
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 41444 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

OR

It is as possible as David Carr starting Week 4 of the season. Sometimes reason ain't got no reason to be known.

He hears the fans, but I really did not hear the volume of boos that some are suggesting.

Even in that scenario it proves to me we got the right coach between his mind, experience and his feel for the game and personnel. One really cannot understand the weight of, or the experience gained from, time, score and situation until you have tasted it as a player and coach. The dude is not walking on defrosted tundra, but there is a resurrection going on in Houston and it starts with the Aggiesexual.
Old 10-09-2007   #85
thegr8fan
All Pro

Rep Power: 667 thegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respected

thanks for not using the chainsaw on that one YellowLot
Old 10-09-2007   #86
YellerLotYeller
nice marmot

Quote:
thanks for not using the chainsaw on that one YellowLot
I took the weed-whacker approach.
Old 10-09-2007   #87
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 63539 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected

I didn't have a problem with the run play. My problem was with the 40 seconds they ran off the clock before running the next play. Then I think it was when the called their 2nd TO when they were up to the line and could have easily spiked the ball. I just haven't been too impressed with clock management/use of timeouts the last couple or 3 games now.

As for the noise on offense, especially on 4th down, yeah, that just gets my blood boiling. I'm definitely letting my section know to STFU. I didn't get to go to a lot of Oiler games back in the day, so somebody who did will have to tell me...were the fans like that then, in the Luv Ya Blue days, R&S days, screaming when the offense had the ball?

thatsbulltailgaters.net
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read