Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read


Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-09-2007   #61
Battle Red Flash
Veteran
 
Battle Red Flash's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Spring
Age: 51
Posts: 384
Rep Power: 25 Battle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performer
Default Half Full

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy View Post
Oh yeah, and the stadium was half-empty at kickoff.
There is no excuse for that. I agree.

On another note, I watched the game again last night, and I'm sick of being nice to those Texan's fans that keep yelling when the Texans have the ball. Especially near the end zone.
The Texan's post the sign "Quiet, Offense Working", and these mo-rons keep yelling.
Schaub flaps his arms, and they keep yelling.
We need to tell them to shut up, and when they object, we need to power through it because we are right.

I thought fans in Texas knew football??
__________________
Need a Texans Fix? Read: http://www.nfldraftdog.com/nfl-team-...on-texans.html VICTORY!
Battle Red Flash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007   #62
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame
 
dalemurphy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Austin
Section: Bullpen/ 636
Age: 40
Posts: 5,703
Rep Power: 47328 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texan fans are idiots too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Battle Red Flash View Post
It's been five plus years. The players are talking about making the playoffs.
Time to demand more from the coaches and players.
You do know that we won that game on Sunday, right?
dalemurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007   #63
BigBull17
Hall of Fame
 
BigBull17's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Alvin
Age: 33
Posts: 5,035
Rep Power: 5496 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texan fans are idiots too!

If this was already brought up, sorry but I think we baited Miami by making them think we were gonna kill the clock. Maybe to hold the dline and give us a few seconds to throw the pass.
__________________
Ugh, I wish my dog would quit Schaubin in the living room...
BigBull17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007   #64
Chance_C
Site Contributor
 
Chance_C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Livingston Texas
Age: 43
Posts: 1,520
Rep Power: 4104 Chance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texan fans are idiots too!

Quote:
And that's how you coach conservative/scared.
Kubiak says "what if we get sacked?" Another coach says "what if we do a quick slant and get 10 yards?"
Ok, the answer to Kubiak's question would have been: We lose the game. The answer to "another coach's" question would be a first down. They ran the ball in that situation because of 2 things; to start the clock, and to avoid any mishaps that potentially would have cost us the game, that is a sack or the possibility of giving the Dolphins the ball back with a short field. I understand everyone wanting to go for it all right there, but come on people Kubiak put us in the best position to win the game which is what we did. The clock was the most important factor in the decisions made. The last thing you want to do is give Miami the ball back on a short field. If Kubiak would have called for a pass and it was incomplete therefore stopping the clock, we would have had to run the ball on the next play (or heaven forbid another incompletion and clock stoppage) and would have effectively been playing for overtime. With the choice of plays (even though it was only a 1 yard gain) it started the clock, and opened up our options. We were then playing for the win. Good call coach, the only call.
__________________
I'm a hell bent 100% Texan till I die...
Chance_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007   #65
Vinny
shiny happy fan
 
Vinny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Age: 50
Posts: 21,669
Rep Power: 133798 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texan fans are idiots too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Battle Red Flash View Post
And that's how you coach conservative/scared.
That's not coaching scared...it's coaching smart. Last time I checked, football is a strategy game. Every action has an equal and opposite reaction so you don't make decisions that get you beat if you can control your situation and control the tempo of the moment. I don't know about you guys, but I'm pretty happy with 3-2 without most of our skill guys.
__________________
http://twitter.com/#!/TexansTalk


"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007   #66
Chance_C
Site Contributor
 
Chance_C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Livingston Texas
Age: 43
Posts: 1,520
Rep Power: 4104 Chance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texan fans are idiots too!

Quote:
That's not coaching scared...it's coaching smart. Last time I checked, football is a strategy game. Every action has an equal and opposite reaction so you don't make decisions that get you beat if you can control your situation and control the tempo of the moment. I don't know about you guys, but I'm pretty happy with 3-2 without most of our skill guys
What I was trying to say. I agree with Texans Chick, you have a good way of putting things.
__________________
I'm a hell bent 100% Texan till I die...
Chance_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007   #67
ledzeppelin229
Hall of Fame
 
ledzeppelin229's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Spring / San Marcos, TX
Age: 29
Posts: 6,829
Rep Power: 712 ledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ledzeppelin229
Default Re: Texan fans are idiots too!

I'd say at 3-2 we're in good shape. We could have very easily lost to Carolina and probably should have beaten Atlanta. This will be a big game against Jax to see if we can get to 4-2, and also important for the division win.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn
godzmn young fomkss are slow. they can all kissmy ass.

ledzeppelin229 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-09-2007   #68
infantrycak
Lead Moderator
 
infantrycak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Austin, TX
Age: 46
Posts: 44,536
Rep Power: 272958 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texan fans are idiots too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegr8fan View Post
serious as a heart attack. We averaged 5.2 yds a pass and 2.6 yds per run. So I am being totally serious when I said we were passing well, compared to running.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
As far as passing vs running for the game, you are right that the passing game was not as terrible as the running game.
However,
(1) If you go by numbers alone, 5.2 ypa would be "good" enough to tie with the Saints for dead last for the season.
For a WCO, that is a sure fire way to lose a game.
Not sure where 5.2 ypa comes from. Schaub was 20 of 34 for 296 yards--8.6 ypa, 14.8 ypc.

Matt Schaub is 5th in the league for ypa and 3rd highest completion %--without a running game or two of his top three WR's.
__________________
The Art of War

Last edited by infantrycak; 10-09-2007 at 12:22 PM.
infantrycak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007   #69
thegr8fan
All Pro
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 872
Rep Power: 667 thegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texan fans are idiots too!

the numbers come from the gamebook on NFL.com, infantry.

http://http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter...2007&week=REG5

I didn't like the call then. I don't like it in hindsight either. I understand the 'why' of it completely. I just don't agree with it.

but hey, some will say 'six' and some will say 'half a dozen'.

Call it good clock management if you wish. I don't think so.
Quote:
Also, I watched the game last night again, and that last drive for the winning FG was terrible. They run on the first play and burn up almost 30 seconds, and then barely make it to the 40 yard line for a 57 yard FG. And they left one timeout on the table.
It's unforced errors that tick me off. The drive before the half was just as bad. They had 3:30 on the clock, and barely drive down for a 54 yarder.- BattleRedFlash
pretty much the way I saw it also and the reason I don't think Kubiak has a good grasp yet on clock management.

Others will disagree with this and they have valid reason's behind that also.

poh-tato...............pah-tato.
__________________
a penny saved is a government oversight
thegr8fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007   #70
HJam72
Hall of Fame
 
HJam72's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Over here.
Age: 41
Posts: 11,500
Rep Power: 68813 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Half Full

Quote:
Originally Posted by Battle Red Flash View Post
There is no excuse for that. I agree.

On another note, I watched the game again last night, and I'm sick of being nice to those Texan's fans that keep yelling when the Texans have the ball. Especially near the end zone.
The Texan's post the sign "Quiet, Offense Working", and these mo-rons keep yelling.
Schaub flaps his arms, and they keep yelling.
We need to tell them to shut up, and when they object, we need to power through it because we are right.

I thought fans in Texas knew football??
We do. We just can't read.
__________________

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007   #71
infantrycak
Lead Moderator
 
infantrycak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Austin, TX
Age: 46
Posts: 44,536
Rep Power: 272958 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texan fans are idiots too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegr8fan View Post
the numbers come from the gamebook on NFL.com, infantry.
They have a typo. Using net passing yards (taking out sack yardage) and adding the 2 sack plays to the attempts still gives 262 yds on 36 plays--7.27 ypp.
__________________
The Art of War
infantrycak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007   #72
thegr8fan
All Pro
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 872
Rep Power: 667 thegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texan fans are idiots too!

OK, I'll believe you is you say so, CAK.

all that does, though, is really prove the we were passing the ball signifigantly better than running it. Even more than my original numbers indicated. And yet Kubiak makes the argument that he was going for a first down by running the ball from the 3 yd line? Thats the part I don't agree with on that call. With the time left, the amount of time that play took off the clock, and the fact that we were moving the ball quite well by passing it, but instead we go for the 'playing not to lose' game instead of the 'taking it to them' game for a win.

We had alot more than 5-6 passing plays that looked good, said by someone else in this post.

And I think that THAT is the majority of the reason that alot of fans were 'boo-ing' their displeasure with that decision. I didn't boo, but I didn't like it either. And a couple of days later, after reading all the 'logical/deductive football field position, yada, yada, arguments, I STILL don't like that call at that time in that game.

In another game I could easily see myself on the other side of the fence and saying, good call for the safest way to ensure we didn't lose that game.

But in that game it was a bad call by Kubiak, IMO
__________________
a penny saved is a government oversight
thegr8fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007   #73
real
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Texan fans are idiots too!

If Kubiak had called a pass and Jason Taylor comes around and sacks Schaub in the endzone there would ahve been people yelling from the peanut gallery about how stupid Kubiak was for passing in that situation because he knows we didn't have our top weapons and he knows Salaam has trouble with speed rushers.......

Blah, blah, blah...who cares...

You guys booed because you didn't understand the situation nor did you understand what he was trying to do......

The only reason I brought up the fact that he was atleast trying to get the first down is because many of you were booing because you thought he was playing for OT....YOU WERE WRONG....He was trying to get the first down to AT THE LEAST not have to give the Dolphins the ball back...

Use your head...

That is why after he got the first we started taking our shots down field...

He said as much in the interview yesterday...

If he had been playing for OT we would have actually...you know....played for OT....

Anywho...I'd suggest you all get used to the way Kubiak calls plays because as long as it's resulting in W's, I doubt he changes...

Last edited by real; 10-09-2007 at 02:45 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007   #74
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor
 
Texan_Bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Houston. Mediocrity Lives Here!!
Section: Bull Pen!!
Age: 46
Posts: 48,091
Rep Power: 99691 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texan fans are idiots too!

I've not booed when we were on offense since, well................ since............... ummmm Chris Palmer was high atop Reliant Stadium, or Joe Pendry was making calls.
__________________
We SUCK AGAIN!
Texan_Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007   #75
Vinny
shiny happy fan
 
Vinny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Age: 50
Posts: 21,669
Rep Power: 133798 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texan fans are idiots too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegr8fan View Post
OK, I'll believe you is you say so, CAK.

all that does, though, is really prove the we were passing the ball signifigantly better than running it. Even more than my original numbers indicated. And yet Kubiak makes the argument that he was going for a first down by running the ball from the 3 yd line? Thats the part I don't agree with on that call.
what about Jason Taylor and his dominating the players who were blocking him? Isn't that supposed to factor in somewhere? Schaub took a couple of big sacks earlier in the middle of the field...no reason to think that the Dolphins weren't going to bring the house when we are backed up to our own 2 yard line and the game on the line.....a sack there ends the game.
__________________
http://twitter.com/#!/TexansTalk


"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007   #76
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill
 
Blazing Arrow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Age: 37
Posts: 2,906
Rep Power: 258 Blazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Blazing Arrow
Default Re: Texan fans are idiots too!

Those same fans who do not know when to cheer and not to cheer support your team though ticket revenue. And if a team is not making enough ticket revenue they tend to leave the location they call home ..... sounds familiar some how

I would call them a necessary evil .... now if they could all be placed in a certain area ... maybe take a quick multiple choice test when you purchase your tickets?
__________________


RIP Steve ... you showed us what a warrior truly is.
Blazing Arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007   #77
Double Barrel
Modified Simian
 
Double Barrel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Onward, Upward, and back into the Trees
Section: Gridiron, Tx
Age: 47
Posts: 30,396
Rep Power: 278016 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texan fans are idiots too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazing Arrow View Post
Those same fans who do not know when to cheer and not to cheer support your team though ticket revenue. And if a team is not making enough ticket revenue they tend to leave the location they call home ..... sounds familiar some how
yeah, Los Angeles lost two teams that way.

I know you're attempting to link it to your owner leaving H-town, but your ignorance on the subject is clear. Bud did not leave because of ticket sales, but because the local politicians would not give him the land and funds to build a stadium for his 100% control.
__________________
"Football is only a diversion." ~ HOUSTON TEXANS
Double Barrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007   #78
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor
 
Texan_Bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Houston. Mediocrity Lives Here!!
Section: Bull Pen!!
Age: 46
Posts: 48,091
Rep Power: 99691 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texan fans are idiots too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazing Arrow View Post
Those same fans who do not know when to cheer and not to cheer support your team though ticket revenue. And if a team is not making enough ticket revenue they tend to leave the location they call home ..... sounds familiar some how
Don't start with that BS.. You know better, or at least I thought you did. It was ALL about a 'new' stadium.
__________________
We SUCK AGAIN!
Texan_Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007   #79
Rex King
Veteran
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 405
Rep Power: 11 Rex King was voted MVPRex King was voted MVPRex King was voted MVP
Default Re: Texan fans are idiots too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegr8fan View Post
And yet Kubiak makes the argument that he was going for a first down by running the ball from the 3 yd line? Thats the part I don't agree with on that call. With the time left, the amount of time that play took off the clock, and the fact that we were moving the ball quite well by passing it, but instead we go for the 'playing not to lose' game instead of the 'taking it to them' game for a win.
It's a bit of hindsight, but you could say the mistake was Cameron not calling timeout. If he had, that would have forced Kubiak's hand, and he probably would have just tried to run the clock on 2nd down, based on his comments.
Rex King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007   #80
thegr8fan
All Pro
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 872
Rep Power: 667 thegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texan fans are idiots too!

Quote:
That is why after he got the first we started taking our shots down field...
uhmmm, nooooo, we actually got the first down on the very next play which was a 19 yd PASS. And then followed that with a 14 yd pass, and then followed that with another 19 yd pass. All of these STARTED from the 4yd line. Not downfield AFTER we got an initial first down from running.

And don't look back now, but that PASS was done from the 4 yd line. (unlike the previous RUN which was done from the 3 yd line). Which TOTALLY kills the 'what about Taylor sacking Schaub, argument, IMO, because (A) it didn't happen on the very next play from the 4yd line, and (B) do you really think that there is a difference in calling a RUN play from the 3 yd line and PASS play from the 4yd line, when your main argument is avoiding an INT/FUMBLE/SACK/SAFETY? There is NO difference in those situation and their potential to happen from either the 3yd line, or the 4 yd line. ONE whole yard does not change the equation of your arguments THAT much. IMO
__________________
a penny saved is a government oversight
thegr8fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:43 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management by RedTyger