Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-08-2007   #1
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 82308 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Texan fans are idiots too!

I was at the game yesterday and was very disappointed with the fans- as usual. First of all, they are yelling and cheering everytime the team goes for it on 4th down.

Mostly, though, I can't stand the booing. I booed and heckled in 2005 because it was a ridiculous and embarrassing display. However, that's not what is happening this season. The first booing event was on the shovel pass we tried on 3rd and 15. The second, and loudest booing, was with less than 2 minutes left in the game after we've come back twice to tie and just had a big defensive stop. On 1st down, we ran the ball from our own 3. Any fans that don't understand why the team would run there, I can't understand why they'd sit in the stands, spend their money, and watch this game-which is clearly foreign to them. I don't spend $65 per seat to go watch a soccer match, that's for sure!
dalemurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007   #2
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 105876 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texan fans are idiots too!

It's just the playcalling police. Too lazy to try to understand the complexity of the game. It's the same people who want them to "go long" every single down.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007   #3
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 398918 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

I told someone to please be quiet on one of our fourth downs, got glared at, then I pointed to the video screen that had "QUIET - OFFENSE AT WORK" on it.

I am amazed at how much football knowledge and understanding was lost during the NFL's absence from Houston. I always took it for granted as an Oilers fan.
Old 10-08-2007   #4
FirstTexansFan
The Unknown Fan

Rep Power: 30093 FirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to FirstTexansFan

It could have been worse, you could have had the beer spilling, every play they leapt to their feet to kick you in the back of the head, dropping the F-bomb with every breath, totally incoherant buffoons I had sitting behind me All these plus the gripes you guys are making....luckily the friends that dropped the tickets on me had additional seating I could relocate too, otherwise I'd be in jail this morning
Dread-Head's #1 Fan, Because He Hates The Cowboys As Much As Me!
FirstTexansFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007   #5
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10049 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: Texan fans are idiots too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
I told someone to please be quiet on one of our fourth downs, got glared at, then I pointed to the video screen that had "QUIET - OFFENSE AT WORK" on it.

I am amazed at how much football knowledge and understanding was lost during the NFL's absence from Houston. I always took it for granted as an Oilers fan.
Sadly, they don't understand why they should be quiet the ENTIRE down, not just 5 second before the ball snaps.
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007   #6
thegr8fan
All Pro

Rep Power: 667 thegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respected

actually I didn't agree with the 4th-1 call either. Unlike yourself though, even in 2005, I have never 'boo-ed' inside the stadium at the Texans. Guess I am an ***** for never booing, huh.

If we had showed to have even an mediocre running game at any time during the game, I would have completely agreed with THAT call. Showing that we couldn't get 2 yds in 3 tries from the 2 yd line for a TD, early in the game, was a direct reflection of our LACK of a running game. Hence that call, with intent of getting some distance out of the endzone, was a wasted call to me. And obviously gaining ONE WHOLE YD during the play, showed it was a wasted call. The very next play, from our 4 yd line, only netted 19 yds.

We ran very poorly yesterday and passed very well. Call the plays that are working for you. Not the ones that football logic says is a high percentage call. IMIO (in my idiotic opinion)

note to self: on this board you can in fact use the word ID-IO-T in the heading of the message. You can not however use it in the text of the message. hmmm
Old 10-08-2007   #7
Brando
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1665 Brando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respected

This isn't a big deal but does anyone have a problem when the Texans get a first down and the Reliant Stadium Anouncer hollers that's good for a Houston Texans ..... then the crowd hollers First Down? Seems like Schaub has a hard time getting the call in from Kubes when that happens.

The only time I boo is at a bad officiating call or the opposing team.

Extra Special Thanks to False Start for the signature!

Last edited by Brando; 10-08-2007 at 12:53 PM.
Brando is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-08-2007   #8
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

WTF Texan fans?!!? Section 120, there was a Texan on Texan brawl....
Old 10-08-2007   #9
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 398918 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by M Shadows View Post
This isn't a big deal but does anyone have a problem when the Texans get a first down and the Reliant Stadium Anouncer hollers that's good for a Houston Texans ..... then the crowd hollers First Down? Seems like Schaub has a hard time getting the call in from Kubes when that happens.
That was always fun during the 2-14 season...ok, not so much really.

I thought it was funny during our hurry up offense and we got a first down. The announcer said it really fast, almost like he was one of those auction guys.
Old 10-08-2007   #10
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 56302 GlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstTexansFan View Post
It could have been worse, you could have had the beer spilling, every play they leapt to their feet to kick you in the back of the head, dropping the F-bomb with every breath, totally incoherant buffoons I had sitting behind me All these plus the gripes you guys are making....luckily the friends that dropped the tickets on me had additional seating I could relocate too, otherwise I'd be in jail this morning
Try this middle school age girl who has season tickets behind us for each game. She has this scream that has dogs barking for miles. She absolutely loves Kris Brown, so she had plenty of times to cut loose Sunday. I've never heard anyone hit the notes she hits. My ears are ringing. Then, she talks incessintly when not screaming. Ignorant comments in the loud, shrill voice. I looked back once and her father was not there and she still was talking.

I tried to get the car keys from my husband at one point, because I was afraid he was going to get arrested and I wanted to be able to get home. She jumped down to the empty seat beside him and was jumping up and down screaming in his ear.

My husband got invited to the Titan's game by another company, so we are looking for an enforcer to come with us as our guest to the game. Maybe a teammate from my son's HS football team.

We are loud in the right places and I don't mind noise, but I will be looking to trade my tickets to another location next year.
Old 10-08-2007   #11
ledzeppelin229
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 712 ledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ledzeppelin229

I sat down in my parents seats this time and across the aisle theres this giant troll of a lady that screeches nonstop for the entire game. KUBIAAAAAC (but with smokers lung sound.)

No wonder my dad was so quick to volunteer to sit in the end zone...

ledzeppelin229 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007   #12
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
I thought it was funny during our hurry up offense and we got a first down. The announcer said it really fast, almost like he was one of those auction guys.
I laughed at that too.....
Old 10-08-2007   #13
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32827 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
WTF Texan fans?!!? Section 120, there was a Texan on Texan brawl....
The guys deserved it..lol..

kidding..was at home with child celebrating our anniversary by watching football
Old 10-08-2007   #14
Porky
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 67402 Porky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegr8fan View Post
actually I didn't agree with the 4th-1 call either. Unlike yourself though, even in 2005, I have never 'boo-ed' inside the stadium at the Texans. Guess I am an ***** for never booing, huh.

If we had showed to have even an mediocre running game at any time during the game, I would have completely agreed with THAT call. Showing that we couldn't get 2 yds in 3 tries from the 2 yd line for a TD, early in the game, was a direct reflection of our LACK of a running game. Hence that call, with intent of getting some distance out of the endzone, was a wasted call to me. And obviously gaining ONE WHOLE YD during the play, showed it was a wasted call. The very next play, from our 4 yd line, only netted 19 yds.

We ran very poorly yesterday and passed very well. Call the plays that are working for you. Not the ones that football logic says is a high percentage call. IMIO (in my idiotic opinion)

note to self: on this board you can in fact use the word ID-IO-T in the heading of the message. You can not however use it in the text of the message. hmmm

I don't totally disagree with your take, but remember that the Fins still had Timeouts. If we throw on 1st down, and it's incomplete, the Dolphins may have called a TO, and tried to get the ball back. OTOH, when they ran and Miami did not call for the TO, then I would have liked a little more urgency to get the play off unless they truly did intend to run the clock down and go for the OT period. All in all, I was glad Kubes decided to grow a pair and go for it, but you are right in that clock management still seems to be a bugaboo.
Old 10-08-2007   #15
imatexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10688 imatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Stop complaining about the Fans!!! Every other NFL team has the same problems. I have heard this soo many times, we are not idiots its just how it goes. It really is not that bad, get over it!
imatexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007   #16
IlliniJen
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 177962 IlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respected

Perhaps we need to do a "buddy" program. Pair up one off-the-street Texans fan with one Colts fan.

You guys sound like a bunch of hardcore music fans pooping on the scourge that is commercial rock. I LOVE IT!

Hopefully a couple years of success will make for a more stable and intelligent fan base, turning the bandwagoners into "true" fans...as true as you can get in a fair-weather sports town like Houston. We need to bring the Football Fan back to Houston.

"Fishing relaxes me. It's like yoga, except I get to kill something." - Ron Swanson
IlliniJen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007   #17
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 82308 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by imatexan View Post
Stop complaining about the Fans!!! Every other NFL team has the same problems. I have heard this soo many times, we are not idiots its just how it goes. It really is not that bad, get over it!
Then all those fans are idiots too
dalemurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007   #18
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegr8fan View Post

The purpose of the deleted word in the posts is to cut down on personal attacks...once I deleted that word people generally cut way back on mindlessly calling each other an i d i o t. This word isn't worth banning otherwise. Also, I didn't ban the word idiots....you can type it with a S at the end. People don't generally run around calling a person an idiots.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007   #19
IlliniJen
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 177962 IlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respected

Also folks...consider this sad thought:

Maybe some of these new fans are ex-Cowboy fans. And we all know how these folks are barely able to leave the house without a helmet, let alone know how to act during a football game. Please be kind...take them under your wing and train them properly.

"Fishing relaxes me. It's like yoga, except I get to kill something." - Ron Swanson
IlliniJen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007   #20
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonFrog View Post
The guys deserved it..lol..

kidding..was at home with child celebrating our anniversary by watching football
Probably, but not as much as the full three rows of Finz fans sitting at the top of my section.. Of course, I got penalized 15 yards for 'taunting'.

BY the way, congrats on your anniversary!!

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read