Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-09-2007   #81
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 22258 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon
Default Re: YouTube - TJ and Green

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmartin65 View Post
Regardless of the hit, you do not point at a guy hurt or not moving on the ground. Thats just low
personally, i'd yell at a guy who'd just nearly killed me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
No doubt! I'm talking blindside slobber knocker.
yup. he had to reorient himself after that one.
Old 10-09-2007   #82
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 225674 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The1ApplePie View Post
Shouldn't TJ being a bust get him some kind of excuse? Kind of like a mentally challenged person getting a lesser jail sentence?
I just think this should be said again and again until the NFL decides to pass a rule protecting those that don't pan out. I think they should call it "TJ's Rule".

If Travis doesn't want to be so-honored they could call it "Reggie's Rule" instead and it would mean the same thing.
Old 10-09-2007   #83
Andrew6
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4661 Andrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respected

I know everyones wrapped up in how is Trent Green but how is TJ? Last I heard he had to have an MRI. Did the results come back clean?
Old 10-09-2007   #84
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 102753 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

I am ONLY worried about TJ, and yes I would be curious about the results of his MRI too.... Anybody???
Old 10-09-2007   #85
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 22258 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew6 View Post
I know everyones wrapped up in how is Trent Green but how is TJ? Last I heard he had to have an MRI. Did the results come back clean?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
I am ONLY worried about TJ, and yes I would be curious about the results of his MRI too.... Anybody???

i dunno how reliable this website is, but it says:

Quote:
An MRI on Travis Johnson's knee came back negative Monday.
Johnson reportedly heard some clicking after taking Trent Green's helmet to the knee Sunday. Coach Gary Kubiak reportedly spoke to the league Monday about Green's block, but was told that it was legal.
Old 10-09-2007   #86
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 102753 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Thanks Dragon... I think Rotoworld is okay, maybe not the be-all, end-all but decent enough..
Old 10-09-2007   #87
Andrew6
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4661 Andrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerfuldragon View Post
i dunno how reliable this website is, but it says:
appreciate
Sponsored links
Old 10-09-2007   #88
White Runningback
Veteran

If the block is legit, you must acquit.
White Runningback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007   #89
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 117755 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

Miami fumbled and while Johnson and the rest of the Texans defense were scrambling for the ball Green tried to chop block him and GAVE HIMSELF a concussion. He brought it on himself. If I were Johnson I would have stood over him and laughed because his STUPID attempt to put a head to my knee had failed. Green gets taken out early in the season with a concussion...what year is it again? Deja-freakin' vu. You're a QB you don't take cheap shots. Suck it up and take your concussion like a man Green because it's your own doing.
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007   #90
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dread-Head-001 View Post
Miami fumbled and while Johnson and the rest of the Texans defense were scrambling for the ball Green tried to chop block him and GAVE HIMSELF a concussion. He brought it on himself. If I were Johnson I would have stood over him and laughed because his STUPID attempt to put a head to my knee had failed. Green gets taken out early in the season with a concussion...what year is it again? Deja-freakin' vu. You're a QB you don't take cheap shots. Suck it up and take your concussion like a man Green because it's your own doing.
QFT (Except for the laughing part - I would have been too PO'd to laugh)
Old 10-09-2007   #91
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 117755 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmartin65 View Post
Regardless of the hit, you do not point at a guy hurt or not moving on the ground. Thats just low
If you're a QB or a lowly kicker, you don't take cheap shots...PERIOD. If you do and seriously #uck YOURSELF up in the process then you have no one to blame but yourself. If I land on my head because your helmet hit me in the knee and my knee helped you to give YOURSELF a concussion... "F" you buddy. You brought it on yourself. Not only would I taunt you, I would make it my mission the next time my team faced you to treat you as if you'd just burned my house to the ground, slapped my mother and slept with my wife....then I might get mad.
Old 10-09-2007   #92
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

i'm convinced that if trent green hadn't been concussed on that play, and continued to play in the game, our d-line would have ordered a yak yak fatwa on him.
Old 10-09-2007   #93
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Quote:
i'm convinced that if trent green hadn't been concussed on that play, and continued to play in the game, our d-line would have ordered a yak yak fatwa on him.

Most def...Baby it would have SO...been Peanut Butter Jelly Time!
Old 10-09-2007   #94
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 58771 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

[quote=powerfuldragon;756134]personally, i'd yell at a guy who'd just nearly killed me.

[quote]

It was a legal block. I hope that both players are okay, but I still think that taunting an injured player while he lays motionless on the ground after a legal hit is wrong.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007   #95
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 282778 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

It was 'legal' on that particular play, but the same block would have been illegal in other situations. The NFL needs to clarify the discrepancy in the off-season.

TJ is a professional and should have controlled his emotions. Period.

But Green's injury is 100% his own fault.
Old 10-09-2007   #96
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 225674 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

[quote=rmartin65;756572][quote=powerfuldragon;756134]personally, i'd yell at a guy who'd just nearly killed me.

Quote:

It was a legal block. I hope that both players are okay, but I still think that taunting an injured player while he lays motionless on the ground after a legal hit is wrong.
Yes it is wrong and if Travis Johnson had done that I'd join you in roundly condemning him. He didn't "taunt" Trent Green (nor did he "stand over him" as it appears in some of the slow-mo versions of the play).

TJ got up and gave the guy who hit him a piece of his mind (it's open for debate whether TJ could spare that piece or not) and when he saw that Green wasn't getting up and may have been seriously injured he headed for the Texans bench.

Don't fall for the spin on this one people.
Old 10-09-2007   #97
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

[quote=Hervoyel;756627][quote=rmartin65;756572]
Quote:
personally, i'd yell at a guy who'd just nearly killed me.

Yes it is wrong and if Travis Johnson had done that I'd join you in roundly condemning him. He didn't "taunt" Trent Green (nor did he "stand over him" as it appears in some of the slow-mo versions of the play).

TJ got up and gave the guy who hit him a piece of his mind (it's open for debate whether TJ could spare that piece or not) and when he saw that Green wasn't getting up and may have been seriously injured he headed for the Texans bench.

Don't fall for the spin on this one people.
I don't!! Not for one second.
Old 10-09-2007   #98
Hervoyel
The Right Track

People keep debating the legality of the block but I think it's finally coming to the top that the block itself was a legal thing.

A point everybody should consider is how many former coaches and players are starting to take up Travis Johnsons defense. Yes, when Green was down TJ was the big-bad classless buffoon who needed to be banned for life. He was the "worst person in the NFL" while everyone was worried about Trent Green (and rightfully so because that was a heck of a lick he took).

Once Green was obviously out of danger look how many people started talking about Johnson having a point.

No, not everyone agreed and what's interesting is that even some of the people who think Johnson was right to be mad have agreed that it's a legal block.

What this tells me is that the people who play in the NFL and know NFL football are not entirely in agreement about this kind of block. There is considerable sentiment it seems for making this an illegal block. I think that means something right there.

There are things you can do that are technically within the rules but that people who consider themselves "above board" do not do, or at least try to avoid doing. This is one of those things.
Old 10-09-2007   #99
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

True it is legal... But, 37 year old quarterbacks who ARE very sensitive about blows to the knees should know better. PERIOD.

The seriousness of the potential knee injury could have been every bit as devastating as a wide received coming into the middle of the field to chop block a linebacker. One is legal, one is illegal... BOTH are unethical and a veteran professional quarterback should know better.

Anyone who says that Green couldn't have hit 'em in the chest because he is too small just doesn't know football... A 180 pound kicker took take Travis Johnson out in that situation where Johnson wasn't looking...

YES, I am very sensitive to knee injuries and for good freakin' reason!!!
Old 10-10-2007   #100
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by rollinstone18 View Post
Exactly, I don't understand why the people calling Travis classless don't take that into consideration.
Because T.J. is the very large bipolar guy mocking the poor little QB .And alberts and everyone else is too stupid to see the play for what it was. The little QB guy cheap shoting the big African american guy. I do not believe TJ was mocking him. And I do not believe Spencer Tillman's ludicrus take either. Trent Green doesn't practice blocking a lot so there for it was an accident. My Take: Trent Green saw an excellent oportunity to yuck it up with the boyz monday morning during the film sesion. He K.O.'s T.J. and endears himslef to the team and he automatically becomes their team leader. And instead what he got was a one way buss ticket home. This was nothing but karma at work. I don't have a problem with T.J. losing it a bit and telling him in his on words what a jerk he was tring to end his career. And is always is the case with the officials, the second guy to react pays the price. He has paid the price for the post game interveiw. I'm sure walking in front of the media and belittling himself with a retraction to satisfy the owner and coach was punishment enough.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read