Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-08-2007   #21
AnthonyE 
Lurker

Section: 118 Row B
Rep Power: 2030 AnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to AnthonyE
Default Re: YouTube - TJ and Green

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon420tx View Post
I hate those announcers. Its not Anthony Weaver, and it was not a nice block. They need to get facts straight.

Nice find though, looked everywhere for that.
Old 10-08-2007   #22
quicksilver
Overweight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post
I didn't TiVO the game
If you had, you'd briefly see yourself in the stands somewhere around 10 minutes remaining in the 3rd quarter. Unless I'm very mistaken.
Old 10-08-2007   #23
White Runningback
Veteran

TJ was wrong for what he did, plain and simple. Anyone who has played sports knows this. Too many of you are trying to mitigate the heinousness of his behavior because he wears a Texans uniform.
White Runningback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007   #24
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 13945 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Runningback View Post
TJ was wrong for what he did, plain and simple. Anyone who has played sports knows this. Too many of you are trying to mitigate the heinousness of his behavior because he wears a Texans uniform.
He was wrong for the post-game rant.... but I am not going to say he was wrong for taunting. Should he have done it? Not at all. But he got caught up in it.

The fact it, is WAS a cheap block. If Trent Green hadn't got the daylights knocked out of him, no one would have cared about the taunting. You can bet your ass that the Texans FO would still be pissed about the block, though.
Old 10-08-2007   #25
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32827 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I could not agree more. People are making excuses for him because he COULD have been hurt seriously and the block was chicken bleep but the fact is you have to stop yourself from hurting the team with a 15 yarder and then after the fact you have to choose your words wisely. Its the way it is. If he is ranting on the field I get it but I'm not sure how people are glossing walking over to a lifeless body, pointing down at them and yelling....it almost looked like he was saying "good." His comments after the game back this up. I'll take the most of the people here ripping me but you have to strip it away and be responsible for your own actions. The fact of the matter is Green, despite his crappy block, WAS laying there and it was plain as day something was wrong.

Here is a complete look on youtube with slow down mode...how some people yesterday said he just walked over to him and walked over him is beyond me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2weKmGtemn8&NR=1
Old 10-08-2007   #26
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 78323 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonFrog View Post
I could not agree more. People are making excuses for him because he COULD have been hurt seriously and the block was chicken bleep but the fact is you have to stop yourself from hurting the team with a 15 yarder and then after the fact you have to choose your words wisely. Its the way it is. If he is ranting on the field I get it but I'm not sure how people are glossing walking over to a lifeless body, pointing down at them and yelling....it almost looked like he was saying "good." His comments after the game back this up. I'll take the most of the people here ripping me but you have to strip it away and be responsible for your own actions. The fact of the matter is Green, despite his crappy block, WAS laying there and it was plain as day something was wrong.

Here is a complete look on youtube with slow down mode...how some people yesterday said he just walked over to him and walked over him is beyond me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2weKmGtemn8&NR=1
Slow mo makes it look worse. He didn't stand over him screaming. He walked by him, and said junk on the way. You can see that in the NFL.com video.

Interestingly, Olberman doesn't mention how hard the collision was to Johnson.

Suffice to say, I think it was said best in today's The Debriefing:

Quote:
Texans defensive lineman Travis Johnson, a couple of hours after his knee knocked Trent Green out:

"At 12:01, I had a lot of respect for Trent Green. At about 12:20, I said, '**** Trent Green,' because the bottom line is it was a malicious hit. It was uncalled for. He's like the scarecrow. He wanted to get courage while I wasn't looking and hit me in my knee instead of trying to hit me in my head. God don't like ugly, you know what I mean?"
I can't speak for God (you might wanna ask Jon Kitna, though), but He also probably also doesn't like it when you taunt a motionless old quarterback with a history of concussion problems, no matter what he did.

I know it's frustrating when guys put their helmets in your knees, and I'd be mad, too, but still ... Trent Green might have been dead right there. Certain situations call for a little restraint, no?
Old 10-08-2007   #27
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Disagree.... TOTALLY...

Anyone who ever played the game, knows there is an unspoken rule about going after someone's knees... PERIOD..

Don't people criticize Denver's O-line for 'chop' blocking?? Why?? Because 'chop' blocking is going after the knees.... Samething. You do NOT go after anyone's knees. PERIOD!!!
Old 10-08-2007   #28
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32827 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Slow mo makes it look worse. He didn't stand over him screaming. He walked by him, and said junk on the way. You can see that in the NFL.com video.

I think that says it best too. As I've said all along...I'm making no excuses for Green or the block. It is a horrible, career ending block...but after the fact you have to assess the situation a little better and TJ didn't do that. There is the rub with me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Disagree.... TOTALLY...

Anyone who ever played the game, knows there is an unspoken rule about going after someone's knees... PERIOD..

Don't people criticize Denver's O-line for 'chop' blocking?? Why?? Because 'chop' blocking is going after the knees.... Samething. You do NOT go after anyone's knees. PERIOD!!!
I respect your opinion, as always, TB but where is the rule that one chicken bleep play deserves another?So Green's hit was a big no-no, it still doesn't take away from the fact of how TJ reacted. I'd be peeved too but he turned around and saw Green out...it was evident the minute we watched it on TV. My wife was like, "holy...the guy is dead"..the minute it happened. TJ saw it and should have ranted elsewhere and then held back later. I don't like the excuse of one bad deed deserves another.

Last edited by HoustonFrog; 10-08-2007 at 10:04 AM.
HoustonFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007   #29
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 288222 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

"Heinous"?!?!? Please. Talk about over dramatic.

All TJ did was yell at Green. "Heinous" is what Haynesworth did when he stomped that O-lineman in the head last year. This was mild by comparison.

As we've all stated, TJ's rant after the game was totally stupid. He watched the man being carted off the field - so even being pissed, he should have called it even at that point. AND the Texans' staff should have seen the post-game questions coming and coached him on what not to say.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007   #30
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 78323 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by quicksilver View Post
If you had, you'd briefly see yourself in the stands somewhere around 10 minutes remaining in the 3rd quarter. Unless I'm very mistaken.
Yeah, since I got my new seats after 2005, I'm like Where's Waldo. The camera guys do a lot of stuff in front of that section.

I bet it was right after a Texans holding call that brought back a long catch.

I remember at some point cussing and yelling and then noticing and seeing the camera man pointing the camera in my direction. ACK! And then me trying to figure out if I said or did anything particularly unfortunate. I have to admit to a lot of cussing for a win.
Old 10-08-2007   #31
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 82308 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

Here's another question: if the taunting happened at the end of the play and took place on the 46 yard line, and Ted Ginn was tackled on the 46 or 47, why did the Dolphins get the ball on the 25?
dalemurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007   #32
White Runningback
Veteran

Quote:

Doesn't matter, IMO. Taunting has no place in sports regardless of the circumstances surrounding it. Just because he didn't set his feet and lean over him doesn't mean it wasn't taunting. He certainly was pointing and jawing in the direction of Green, the referee construed it as taunting, and he was rightfully flagged for it. Nevermind that both Kubiak and Johnson said it was the wrong thing to do after the game.

Everyone wants to talk about it being a dirty block. I concur that the method he went about trying to deliver the block was in poor form (he is a QB, why would you expect it to be a perfectly executed block, anyway), but I really think that the intention to cause injury was not there. His head was turned away from Johnson.

BTW, has Green ever manifested a proclivity for dirty play?
Old 10-08-2007   #33
White Runningback
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
"Heinous"?!?!? Please. Talk about over dramatic.

All TJ did was yell at Green. "Heinous" is what Haynesworth did when he stomped that O-lineman in the head last year. This was mild by comparison.

As we've all stated, TJ's rant after the game was totally stupid. He watched the man being carted off the field - so even being pissed, he should have called it even at that point. AND the Texans' staff should have seen the post-game questions coming and coached him on what not to say.
Poor choice in words. He clearly was uncharacteristically unsportsmanlike.

Sorry.
Old 10-08-2007   #34
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonFrog View Post
I think that says it best too. As I've said all along...I'm making no excuses for Green or the block. It is a horrible, career ending block...but after the fact you have to assess the situation a little better and TJ didn't do that. There is the rub with me.

I respect your opinion, as always, TB but where is the rule that one chicken bleep play deserves another?So Green's hit was a big no-no, it still doesn't take away from the fact of how TJ reacted. I'd be peeved too but he turned around and saw Green out...it was evident the minute we watched it on TV. My wife was like, "holy...the guy is dead"..the minute it happened. TJ saw it and should have ranted elsewhere and then held back later. I don't like the excuse of one bad deed deserves another.

I respect your opinion too, Frog, but I would be curious if another attorney made a cheap play to have you disbarred, how would you react??

Trent Green made a cognisant decision to go after TJ's knees. TJ 'reacted' to the choice that Green made. Remember that Green was on his side with his face towards the turf - when Johnson reacted so, in all honesty there's a good chance that TJ did not know Green was out at that point.

If anything I take more issue with TJ's act in the locker room - after the game. Those comments were uncalled for.
Old 10-08-2007   #35
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 82308 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Doesn't matter, IMO. Taunting has no place in sports regardless of the circumstances surrounding it. Just because he didn't set his feet and lean over him doesn't mean it wasn't taunting. He certainly was pointing and jawing in the direction of Green, the referee construed it as taunting, and he was rightfully flagged for it. Nevermind that both Kubiak and Johnson said it was the wrong thing to do after the game.

Everyone wants to talk about it being a dirty block. I concur that the method he went about trying to deliver the block was in poor form (he is a QB, why would you expect it to be a perfectly executed block, anyway), but I really think that the intention to cause injury was not there. His head was turned away from Johnson.

If "intent" is the key to determining blame or dirtiness, then Johnson is innocent. He didn't not intend to get flagged or injure Green.

The reality is that both Green and Johnson are guilty of the same thing- both of them were unconcerned with the others' well-being. That unconcern or lack of integrity is what allowed Green to risk Johnson's health by slamming his helmet into his knee, and Johnson showed his lack of concern for Green by yelling at him when he was face down on the turf.
dalemurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007   #36
Chance_C
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4104 Chance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respected

TJ could have definately been hurt on that play, but I certainly cannot condone his behavior afterwards. Seeing our very own called the worst player in the NFL (for the week) during halftime of the Packers/Bears game was not something to be proud of.
Old 10-08-2007   #37
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Quote:
Doesn't matter, IMO. Taunting has no place in sports regardless of the circumstances surrounding it. Just because he didn't set his feet and lean over him doesn't mean it wasn't taunting.He certainly was pointing and jawing in the direction of Green, the referee construed it as taunting, and he was rightfully flagged for it. Nevermind that both Kubiak and Johnson said it was the wrong thing to do after the game.

A taunting penalty is a judgment call. Players are not supposed to get into situations where what they are doing could be considered taunting. Players yell at other players all the time, but generally not when they are lying motionless on the ground.

This was a good use of a taunting penalty because otherwise this is the sort of situation where a fight on the field could happen.
Old 10-08-2007   #38
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10049 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: YouTube - TJ and Green

What qrtr was the play during? (looking for a photo)
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007   #39
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7233 Shaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee_In_TX View Post
What qrtr was the play during? (looking for a photo)
End of the 1st
Shaft75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007   #40
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 13945 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance_C View Post
TJ could have definately been hurt on that play, but I certainly cannot condone his behavior afterwards. Seeing our very own called the worst player in the NFL (for the week) during halftime of the Packers/Bears game was not something to be proud of.
I can't believe that I have to say this to a fellow Texans fan....

Ignore the media

You should know that by now.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read