Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-07-2007   #1
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 74671 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected
Default YouTube - TJ and Green

Hey, does anyone here have the ability to YouTube the TJ/Green hit? I think a lot of people will be hearing or reading about it without seeing it, and I think seeing it explains a lot.

Trent Green got knocked out of the game.

By his own doing.

TJ was pissed. Because he got crushed in the knees.

TJ mouthed off. And got penalized for taunting.

Nobody nationally would have cared about this one lick if Travis Johnson got one of his knees busted up during this play.

(By the way, I am starting this in a new thread just to get attention to this to see if someone can YouTube it.)
Old 10-07-2007   #2
HardcoreTexan
Veteran

Rep Power: 10 HardcoreTexan is on the Pro-Bowl ballotHardcoreTexan is on the Pro-Bowl ballot
Default Re: YouTube - TJ and Green

You are very right
Old 10-07-2007   #3
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 36043 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

There are other threads about this?
Old 10-07-2007   #4
rollinstone18
let it bleed

Rep Power: 2574 rollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post
Nobody nationally would have cared about this one lick if Travis Johnson got one of his knees busted up during this play.
Exactly, I don't understand why the people calling Travis classless don't take that into consideration.
rollinstone18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007   #5
TigerV1
All Pro

Rep Power: 91 TigerV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedTigerV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedTigerV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedTigerV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedTigerV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedTigerV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedTigerV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedTigerV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedTigerV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedTigerV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedTigerV1 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Hey, does anyone here have the ability to YouTube the TJ/Green hit? I think a lot of people will be hearing or reading about it without seeing it, and I think seeing it explains a lot.

Trent Green got knocked out of the game.

By his own doing.

TJ was pissed. Because he got crushed in the knees.

TJ mouthed off. And got penalized for taunting.

(By the way, I am starting this in a new thread just to get attention to this to see if someone can YouTube it.)
Here ya go. TJ was right to be ticked. That was a cheap block. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQhsrpAZ_a8
Old 10-07-2007   #6
Hook'er
Veteran

Rep Power: 13 Hook'er could be on the next Madden coverHook'er could be on the next Madden coverHook'er could be on the next Madden coverHook'er could be on the next Madden coverHook'er could be on the next Madden coverHook'er could be on the next Madden cover

Rollingstone.......it's only a few, the same one's that were hatin' on Dunta in the offseason!

Last edited by Hook'er; 10-07-2007 at 11:36 PM.
Hook'er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007   #7
hot pickle
Canada Eh

Rep Power: 2074 hot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respected

ill support tj.. cause he was pissed and he didnt know green was injured and its greens own fault that he got injured.. its not like tj injured him and then taunted him... i got you tj
hot pickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-07-2007   #8
MissouriTexan
Veteran

Rep Power: 10 MissouriTexan was voted MVPMissouriTexan was voted MVPMissouriTexan was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerV1 View Post
Here ya go. TJ was right to be ticked. That was a cheap block. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQhsrpAZ_a8
Look at the wrist TJ lands on. That looked painful for both parties.
MissouriTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007   #9
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 74671 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunta23 View Post
ill support tj.. cause he was pissed and he didnt know green was injured and its greens own fault that he got injured.. its not like tj injured him and then taunted him... i got you tj
What I'd like to see on YouTube is the taunting. I didn't TiVO the game because I gooned and I was at the game and didn't see it.

But what I did see was that Green was knocked out and not moving. And I heard that Johnson stood over him and said mess to him. And that it looked awful on TV.

I'm guessing I'll see it soon enough on ESPN.
Old 10-07-2007   #10
jaybird
Veteran

They have it on NFL.com fyi
Old 10-07-2007   #11
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 56780 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

one things for sure we have not heard or seen the last of it just a very unfortunate series of events in what was probably the ugliest play ever witnessed @ Relient.

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007   #12
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 14154 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Brandon420tx

http://www.nfl.com/videos;jsessionid...000d5d80308be9

Go to the 50 second mark
Old 10-07-2007   #13
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 279523 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

It's already started a debate.

Tiki Barber called it a cheap shot by Green. The Bus said it was a QB trying to make a play.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007   #14
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 14154 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Brandon420tx

Ding Ding, Round 1. The battle of the Running Backs!
Old 10-07-2007   #15
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
It's already started a debate.

Tiki Barber called it a cheap shot by Green. The Bus said it was a QB trying to make a play.
Okay, here's the video packaged in one place.

http://sports.aol.com/fanhouse/2007/...on-in-the-nfl/
Old 10-07-2007   #16
Htownsportsfan
All Pro

Rep Power: 128 Htownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respected

I thought Spencer Tillman made a pretty good point, rare I know. It looked like Green wanted to throw a block and then relizaed he was gonna get leveled and bailed out. Unfortunate for him he went low and made a BS cut block! I mean think about it it is Trent Green, he lost almost all of last year due to a head injury, is he really going to put that old ass body and head in harms way if he is thinking straight. Again I understand TJ beiong mad on the field and showing bad judgement but running your mouth to the media is never a good idea, see Kellen (I am a soldier) Winslow!

Support our troops
Htownsportsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007   #17
Hook'er
Veteran

Rep Power: 13 Hook'er could be on the next Madden coverHook'er could be on the next Madden coverHook'er could be on the next Madden coverHook'er could be on the next Madden coverHook'er could be on the next Madden coverHook'er could be on the next Madden cover

I wanna see the press conference.
Old 10-07-2007   #18
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Htownsportsfan View Post
I thought Spencer Tillman made a pretty good point, rare I know. It looked like Green wanted to throw a block and then relizaed he was gonna get leveled and bailed out. Unfortunate for him he went low and made a BS cut block! I mean think about it it is Trent Green, he lost almost all of last year due to a head injury, is he really going to put that old ass body and head in harms way if he is thinking straight. Again I understand TJ beiong mad on the field and showing bad judgement but running your mouth to the media is never a good idea, see Kellen (I am a soldier) Winslow!
Exactly.

Trent has had that "Engine is running, but nobody's driving the car" look this whole season...the lingering effect of a body that needs to be out of the NFL. He's unable to make quick decisions, he pumps the ball over and over, and he drifts around in the pocket unlike most QBs. The hit in KC should have been his last game, IMO.

Had Cleo Lemon not come into the game, we'd have had 4 sacks and 4 interceptions...we would have won the game going away.

Lemon's mobility saved the day for Miami.
Old 10-07-2007   #19
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hook'er View Post
I wanna see the press conference.
The stuff that Travis said post game was in the locker room. The fullest excerpt I've seen is in the Miami paper's account:

http://www.miamiherald.com/breaking_...ry/263903.html

Quote:
''At 12:01, I had a lot of respect for Trent Green,'' Johnson said. ``At 12:20, I said [expletive] Trent Green. To hit my knee like that, that's uncalled for. He's like the scarecrow -- he wants to get courage while I'm not looking and hit me in my knee instead of trying to hit me in my head. God don't like ugly -- you know what I mean?

``My knee ain't never hurt like it hurt today. When I was up in the air, looking at the ceiling, I was wondering what was going to happen if I came down on my head. It was a dirty play. Football's not like that. If you want to hit me, hit me in my shoulders, not my knees. That just showed what type of man he is.''

The apology stuff that the Texans released in their press release is this:

Quote:
(opening statement) I apologize for going off like that. We D-lineman, when you have someone going at your knees, its kind of tough. But at the same time, I shouldnt have reacted like that. The penalty ended up leading to a score, so really I hurt my team. I shouldnt have let my anger get to me, so I apologize to coach Kubiak, because I hurt my team. Really, I should have kept my cool. Being in that type of situation, this is a game of controlled violence, and I really I let my anger get the best of me.

(on what happened during that play) You know, I apologized to (coach) Kubiak, if you know what Im saying, letting him know. I was frustrated. I mean, when I cant see someone and they hit me low while Im running full speed, that kind of got mewhile Im upside down, while my head is looking at the screen upside down, Im kind of looking at it like, Man, is this it. Its just one of those things where I apologize, but all I could think about was my family. Im trying to eat like everyone else out here. I just let my anger get the best of me.
It's Texans Pravda, comrades.

John McClain did mention that TJ landed on his head after the hit. Probably doesn't explain the locker room thingy.

The AP report is a perfect illustration of why you have to see the games yourself, and can't trust the recaps. From anyone. Humans have filters and biases and have to pick and choose what they can write based on space they are allowed to write. It just is how it is.

The TJ story is going to be the big news of this game, and the thing that is sensationalized because nobody cares about a field goal fest, they just want the if it bleeds it leads thing. It just is how it is.
Old 10-08-2007   #20
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
John McClain did mention that TJ landed on his head after the hit. Probably doesn't explain the locker room thingy.
I suspect that this isn't the first time TJ has been dropped on his head.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read