Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-07-2007   #161
nero THE zero
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 20123 nero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: F The Associated Press

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCD View Post
I think the report shows a spin in favor of Green. It states that Johnson kicked Green in the head, and then later accused Green of a low block.

While he did end up getting kicked in the head, Green did throw a low block. The article sounds incindiary, in my opinion.
I don't think it's out of line to spin the article in favor of the player that had to be carted off the field on a stretcher.
nero THE zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007   #162
TigerV1
All Pro

Rep Power: 91 TigerV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedTigerV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedTigerV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedTigerV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedTigerV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedTigerV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedTigerV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedTigerV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedTigerV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedTigerV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedTigerV1 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: TJ Worst person in the NFL

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar View Post
I would play if Olberman has to use a semiautomatic!!!
I can understand people being pissed at TJ in a way, but NOBODY is mentioning that Greens block was not only CHEAP, BUT ILLEGAL!!!
Exactly. Everyone seems to be ignoring the lack of class on Green's part. Its easy to attack TJ, but they are ignoring what Green did.
Old 10-07-2007   #163
Hook'er
Veteran

Rep Power: 13 Hook'er could be on the next Madden coverHook'er could be on the next Madden coverHook'er could be on the next Madden coverHook'er could be on the next Madden coverHook'er could be on the next Madden coverHook'er could be on the next Madden cover

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarStruck View Post
Why not offsetting penalties?
Exactly, what a BS flag!
Old 10-07-2007   #164
HardcoreTexan
Veteran

Rep Power: 10 HardcoreTexan is on the Pro-Bowl ballotHardcoreTexan is on the Pro-Bowl ballot
Default Re: tj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddict5 View Post
feedback from a neutral nfl board

i must admit i lol'ed at that last one eventhough it was soooo wrong
I wont lie, I laughed too
Old 10-07-2007   #165
junior
Veteran

Rep Power: 19 junior is a Hall of Famerjunior is a Hall of Famerjunior is a Hall of Famerjunior is a Hall of Famerjunior is a Hall of Famerjunior is a Hall of Famerjunior is a Hall of Famerjunior is a Hall of Famerjunior is a Hall of Famer

its amazing to hear so many people defend johnson even after his comments. i know football is very important in texas but i didnt know it was more improtant than your dignity to a few of you.

fans like that dont care what or who it takes to win as long as you win. thats why the T.O. jersey is such a high seller.
junior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007   #166
tanderson1988
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nero THE zero View Post
I don't think it's out of line to spin the article in favor of the player that had to be carted off the field on a stretcher.
Even if it demonizes a player who did nothing wrong (outside of the taunting)? The article makes it sound like TJ maliciously hit Green in the head with his knee, as if Green was defenseless. No mention of the block, much less the fact that it was a cheap, dangerous one.
tanderson1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007   #167
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 107641 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner View Post
There might be a "change of possession" clause on a fumble, but I don't know for sure...
I read this rule once before and don't remember it being based on change of possesion. The spirit of the rule was that after a fumble, INT, etc. there are so many players going so many different directions that a block below the waist would be likely to cause career ending injuries. I DO believe it was put in place to protect QB's(what else is new? and isn't THAT ironic?) from having their knees blown out by a D player looking to get a cheap hit on the QB after a turnover.
Sponsored links
Old 10-07-2007   #168
TheCD
All Pro

Rep Power: 1036 TheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by nero THE zero View Post
Well seeing as Trent Green caused himself to be carted off, it's unfair to imply that Johnson was at fault. The only thing Johnson has done is let his anger get the best of him and act extremely immature. He has a right to be angry for the block, but at some point he needs to chill out and not say things like Green got hurt because "God don't like ugly."
TheCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007   #169
jjjezebel
ˇAy, caramba!

Section: Section 116, seats 15-17
Rep Power: 11836 jjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respectedjjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respectedjjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respectedjjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respectedjjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respectedjjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respectedjjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respectedjjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respectedjjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respectedjjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respectedjjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by junior View Post
its amazing to hear so many people defend johnson even after his comments. i know football is very important in texas but i didnt know it was more improtant than your dignity to a few of you.

fans like that dont care what or who it takes to win as long as you win. thats why the T.O. jersey is such a high seller.
So, I just have to ask, if TJ HAD been seriously hurt by Green's cheap shot, then what would the reaction be?
jjjezebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007   #170
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 107641 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

I thought EVERYONE knew that the AP was OWNED by MOVEON.ORG who, by the way, have NEVER, I mean NEVER let the facts come in the way of a good smear campaign.
Old 10-07-2007   #171
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaybird View Post
LMAO - wow... there's some intelligence... good argument... solid facts you got there.
man about 1 third of your posts have come tonight dogging tj- get over it.. he (and alot of us other mere humans) obviously aren't as virtuous as you and occassional lose our tempers when provoked..

whats that k west song again: 'there'll always be haters, thats just the way it is..'
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007   #172
junior
Veteran

Rep Power: 19 junior is a Hall of Famerjunior is a Hall of Famerjunior is a Hall of Famerjunior is a Hall of Famerjunior is a Hall of Famerjunior is a Hall of Famerjunior is a Hall of Famerjunior is a Hall of Famerjunior is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rollinstone18 View Post
So you mean he'd still deliver the cheap shot AND taunt Travis?

It's a matter of what led Travis to "taunting". A CHEAP SHOT TO THE KNEES.
ok here you go if green gets cheap shotted which it wasnt, and that player gets hurt and then goes taunts him yes i still am saying somthing.

do you people really think that green says to himself i am going to throw my helmet into his knee, i should be fine and hopefully his knee gets blown out in the process. since it was a cheap shot why no flag, the refs dont know hes hurt at the time of the block.
Old 10-07-2007   #173
jaybird
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddict5 View Post
man about 1 third of your posts have come tonight dogging tj- get over it.. he (and alot of us other mere humans) obviously aren't as virtuous as you and occassional lose our tempers when provoked..

whats that k west song again: 'there'll always be haters, thats just the way it is..'
I dogged his action (the taunt) and his comments after the game... the taunt I can understand being upset about... his comments are plain stupid...

apparently some of the Texans fans like the stupidity...
Old 10-07-2007   #174
nero THE zero
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 20123 nero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCD View Post
Well seeing as Trent Green caused himself to be carted off, it's unfair to imply that Johnson was at fault. The only thing Johnson has done is let his anger get the best of him and act extremely immature. He has a right to be angry for the block, but at some point he needs to chill out and not say things like Green got hurt because "God don't like ugly."
I agree.
nero THE zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007   #175
junior
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjjezebel View Post
So, I just have to ask, if TJ HAD been seriously hurt by Green's cheap shot, then what would the reaction be?
the exact same reation as the play would have got if johnson had not have said anything, no reaction.

here is the truth it was not a cheap shot (illegal) just because he didnt like the hit doesnt make it illegal.

Last edited by junior; 10-07-2007 at 11:13 PM.
Old 10-07-2007   #176
GuerillaBlack
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33658 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaybird View Post
I dogged his action (the taunt) and his comments after the game... the taunt I can understand being upset about... his comments are plain stupid...

apparently some of the Texans fans like the stupidity...
Almost as stupid as you saying Gary Kubiak agreed with you.

"Hey guys, Gary Kubiak agreed with me! So I must be right and you all are wrong! Ahahaha!".

No dude.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007   #177
jaybird
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack View Post
Almost as stupid as you saying Gary Kubiak agreed with you.

"Hey guys, Gary Kubiak agreed with me! So I must be right and you all are wrong! Ahahaha!".

No dude.
Listen to his presser - he says what I've been trying to tell some of you.

So... yes dude...

Need me to explain what a presser is for you as well?
Old 10-07-2007   #178
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

whatever rook, you're 1 of about 3 people dogging tj- everbody else realises hes human and was provoked

and btw cheap shot isnt = illegal
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007   #179
jjjezebel
ˇAy, caramba!

Section: Section 116, seats 15-17
Rep Power: 11836 jjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respectedjjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respectedjjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respectedjjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respectedjjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respectedjjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respectedjjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respectedjjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respectedjjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respectedjjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respectedjjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
the exact same reation as the play would have got if johnson had not have said anything, no reaction.

here is the truth it was not a cheap shot (illegal) just because he didnt like the hit doesnt make it illegal.
Whatever. It might not have been "illegal", but any time you go for a player by hitting them below the knees, it's still a cheap shot. I was there, I saw it, everyone around me saw it, and we all agreed that it was a BS shot.

And I disagree that if TJ had been hurt by what Green did that there would be no reaction. And I stand by my opinon that Green should be fined, concussion or not.

I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree.
jjjezebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007   #180
rollinstone18
let it bleed

Rep Power: 2574 rollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
ok here you go if green gets cheap shotted which it wasnt, and that player gets hurt and then goes taunts him yes i still am saying somthing.

do you people really think that green says to himself i am going to throw my helmet into his knee, i should be fine and hopefully his knee gets blown out in the process. since it was a cheap shot why no flag, the refs dont know hes hurt at the time of the block.
Whether Green's intent was to land a cheap shot or not is irrelevant. The fact is he DID land a cheap shot. It's not just Texans fans on a message board who think so. Tiki Barber and Chris Collinsworth, two offensive players mind you, said it was a cheap shot and I'm sure many more NFL players would agree.
rollinstone18 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read