Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-07-2007   #141
jaybird
Veteran

Default Re: tj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revolution View Post
Taunting involves standing over someone, something TJ did not do...

Kubiak (notice spelling) and every since sports announcer makes no sense, so please clean it up a little.
Watch the replay again - he walked right over him (not stepping over him which I'm sure will be your response)

And Kubiak said it was taunting... every sports annoucner that has been on tonight has said it was taunting... that clean enough?

Thanks for the spelling smack? You're argument that weak that you have to bring up typos?
Old 10-07-2007   #142
rollinstone18
let it bleed

Rep Power: 2574 rollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: TJ Worst person in the NFL

Keith Olberman's attempt at humor makes me want to play russian roulette.

Travis is getting too much flak. Anyone who disagrees needs to consider the fact that a blindside shot to the knees is enough to ruin a career and/or physically impair someone for life.
rollinstone18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007   #143
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 60434 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaybird View Post
Not doubting you - but do you have a link to the NFL rules? I've been looking for a def. of the rule because I honestly don't know the blocking rules and can't seem to find one.
I'm still looking for it on an "official" NFL site, but this might help you.
http://chicagosports.chicagotribune....eref-headlines
Old 10-07-2007   #144
jjjezebel
ˇAy, caramba!

Section: Section 116, seats 15-17
Rep Power: 11835 jjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respectedjjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respectedjjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respectedjjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respectedjjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respectedjjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respectedjjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respectedjjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respectedjjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respectedjjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respectedjjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respected

See below...

Last edited by jjjezebel; 10-07-2007 at 09:39 PM.
jjjezebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007   #145
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: F The Associated Press

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanderson1988 View Post
Would you be saying the same thing if TJ's career would have been ended on a cheap block by Green? It goes both ways.
exactly
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007   #146
TheCD
All Pro

Rep Power: 1036 TheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddict5 View Post
lmao.. ridiculous
Lol how? We are trying to present an organization of class. TJ has allowed us to be embarassed on national television by his immature actions. I feel that Bob won't stand for this.
TheCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007   #147
bigfan77801
Plebian

Rep Power: 375 bigfan77801 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigfan77801 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigfan77801 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigfan77801 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigfan77801 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigfan77801 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigfan77801 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigfan77801 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigfan77801 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigfan77801 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigfan77801 is a quality contributor and well respected

I think T.J. was wrong to taunt an injured player, but two things went through my mind; did T.J. know that Green was knocked out?, and how many people here have been calling for the defense to play with an attitude?
Old 10-07-2007   #148
Htownsportsfan
All Pro

Rep Power: 128 Htownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Look I know as Texans we want to support TJ, but even if I give him the benefit of the doubt and say he did not realize the Green was really injured although he lay motionless on the field when he taunted him. How in the hell can you defend his dumb ass comments after the game? Green is very well thought of around the league and is a high character guy, ranting and calling him a scarecrow if classless no matter who says it, Texan or not. A stupid mistake duing the heat of the moment is one thing, a stupid act after the fact just shows actual stupidity! You are going to see this all over sportscenter, MNF and they already showed it on Sunday night football. As a Texan I can hadle losing even when we should win and never be embarrassed but after five years as a Texans fan I have finally been embarrassed by Tj's actions and words. Because I am a Texan!!!!!!!

Support our troops
Htownsportsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007   #149
jaybird
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar View Post
I'm still looking for it on an "official" NFL site, but this might help you.
http://chicagosports.chicagotribune....eref-headlines
Thanks... still no excuse for what TJ did... but if that is still the rule for today then it should have been a penalty on Miami...

Edit: I reread it... and it wasn't a change of possession on that play... so a block below the knees is still legal. (If I'm reading it correctly)
Old 10-07-2007   #150
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 25614 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar View Post
After a fumble or interception, the team with the ball MUST block ABOVE the waist.
There might be a "change of possession" clause on a fumble, but I don't know for sure...
Old 10-07-2007   #151
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

feedback from a neutral nfl board

Quote:
I saw that block.. ****ing retarded on Green's part.. It was like he was trying to hurt Johnson..

Not gonna lie though, I laughed when I saw that happen, because that block was so cheap and he ended up hurting himself..
Quote:
I think its kinda funny that both Trent Green concussions were his own damn fault. Its not like he was blindsided throwing in the pocket.
Quote:
that block was cheap as hell. good for him tuanting green while he's on the ground. if it was me i would of did the benoit headbut to greens ass. out cold or not. sh*t was a cheap shot.
i must admit i lol'ed at that last one eventhough it was soooo wrong
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007   #152
Revolution
All Pro

Rep Power: 304 Revolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Watch the replay again - he walked right over him (not stepping over him which I'm sure will be your response)

And Kubiak said it was taunting... every sports annoucner that has been on tonight has said it was taunting... that clean enough?

Thanks for the spelling smack? You're argument that weak that you have to bring up typos?
Come on now really. It is tough to have a conversation, when the person you are conversing with can't complete a sentence. I did not understand what you were saying. You need to think before submitting the post.

TJ walked toward Green, and yelled at him. He was pissed that Green hit him with a cheap shot. That is all that needs to be said. "Every" sports announcer never takes a subject out of context do they? I saw the game, the entire play and I watched the play when I got home. Same thought. TJ probably should not have done what he did, but I probably would have reacted the same way if someone tried to take my knee out.
Revolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007   #153
jjjezebel
ˇAy, caramba!

Section: Section 116, seats 15-17
Rep Power: 11835 jjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respectedjjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respectedjjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respectedjjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respectedjjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respectedjjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respectedjjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respectedjjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respectedjjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respectedjjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respectedjjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respected

Trying this one more time...

Sorry, but you don't go a$$ over teakettle like this:
by, as ESPN implied, knocking YOUR knee into Trent Green's head. Truth was, Green took a cheap shot, and paid the price. For TJ to be pissed shouldn't be any surprise.

As for Keith Olbermann to call him the "Worst Player in the NFL?" That's funny considering Olbermann is a freakin' i.d.i.o.t.
jjjezebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007   #154
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 60434 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Thanks... still no excuse for what TJ did... but if that is still the rule for today then it should have been a penalty on Miami...
IMHO, what TJ did was bad form but FAR from outrageous. Trent Green wasn't the only player involved to have a close call with "catastrophic" injury on that play. I didn't see anything at all that suggested TJ was, in any way, shaper or form, showing pleasure at Green being down. I saw anger at what happened to him. TJ has a rep for being self-centered.
Old 10-07-2007   #155
junior
Veteran

Rep Power: 19 junior is a Hall of Famerjunior is a Hall of Famerjunior is a Hall of Famerjunior is a Hall of Famerjunior is a Hall of Famerjunior is a Hall of Famerjunior is a Hall of Famerjunior is a Hall of Famerjunior is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanderson1988 View Post
Would you be saying the same thing if TJ's career would have been ended on a cheap block by Green? It goes both ways.

I agree, it was a classless move by TJ to "taunt" him. However, in Johnson's defense, he probably did not know Green had suffered a concussion.
absolutely, if green blows out his knees and taunts him afterwards i would be all over green. i also dont believe anyone on here would defend green, do you?
junior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007   #156
jaybird
Veteran

Well rev we'll have to just disagree then man...

and if you don't like how I post don't read.... it's a message board, but if you want to bring spelling smack and sentence structure then be my guest.
Old 10-07-2007   #157
rollinstone18
let it bleed

Rep Power: 2574 rollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by junior View Post
absolutely, if green blows out his knees and taunts him afterwards i would be all over green. i also dont believe anyone on here would defend green, do you?
So you mean he'd still deliver the cheap shot AND taunt Travis?

It's a matter of what led Travis to "taunting". A CHEAP SHOT TO THE KNEES.
rollinstone18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007   #158
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by rollinstone18 View Post
Keith Olberman's attempt at humor makes me want to play russian roulette.
Travis is getting too much flak. Anyone who disagrees needs to consider the fact that a blindside shot to the knees is enough to ruin a career and/or physically impair someone for life.
I would play if Olberman has to use a semiautomatic!!!
I can understand people being pissed at TJ in a way, but NOBODY is mentioning that Greens block was not only CHEAP, BUT ILLEGAL!!!
Old 10-07-2007   #159
hot pickle
السلام عليكم

Rep Power: 2074 hot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respected

good stuff tj. i got your back...
hot pickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007   #160
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 20333 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

I would have been pissed off, too. I don't blame TJ.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read