Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-07-2007   #121
StarStruck
Site Contributor

Section: 115 Q6
Rep Power: 36463 StarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: TJ Worst person in the NFL

Quote:
Originally Posted by junior View Post
i agree,people will defend him on this board because he plays for the texans, but he was down and litle guys always go low on big guys.

he wasnt trying to take his knee out, and johnson wasnt trying to give him a concusion, but johnson showed his class by standing over him and saying somthing.

if it was reversed and schaub was laying on the ground motionless then people would be screaming at him.
That's the way I look at things before making a decision. It's easy to make excuses when it's an opponent, but I know I would be livid if Schaub was stretched out like that, and an opposing team member was pointing at a motionless Schaub and saying God don't like ugly.
StarStruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007   #122
HardcoreTexan
Veteran

Rep Power: 10 HardcoreTexan is on the Pro-Bowl ballotHardcoreTexan is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

I think they were both in the wrong...green just got a concusion from his wrong
Old 10-07-2007   #123
junior
Veteran

Rep Power: 19 junior is a Hall of Famerjunior is a Hall of Famerjunior is a Hall of Famerjunior is a Hall of Famerjunior is a Hall of Famerjunior is a Hall of Famerjunior is a Hall of Famerjunior is a Hall of Famerjunior is a Hall of Famer
Default Re: F The Associated Press

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanderson1988 View Post
Whoever wrote this article for the AP needs to be fired. This is the most biased, POS article I have ever read.

http://sportsline.com/nfl/story/10394524

Are you f'ng kidding me? This article completely misconstrued what actually happened. Trent Green tried to illegally chop block our DT and his dumbass paid for it. They make TJ out to be an absolute villain.
you know what f your stupid ass comments, check yourself man its just a game and if green had severly hurt his neck permanately would you still say that even though the play would be the same.

people who defend classless players simply because they wear your teams colors are worse than those who do it because you had time to think about your comments his taunting was heat of the moment. not much better but still better than your comments.
junior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007   #124
jaybird
Veteran

Default Re: tj

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar View Post
I didn't see this posted, so I thought I would chime in.
The block Green made was an ILLEGAL block. After a fumble or interception, the team with the ball MUST block ABOVE the waist.
Not doubting you - but do you have a link to the NFL rules? I've been looking for a def. of the rule because I honestly don't know the blocking rules and can't seem to find one.
Old 10-07-2007   #125
ChrisG
Road Fan

Rep Power: 6268 ChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respected

i gotta disagree with the orginal poster. He didn't stand over Green like the reporters are saying. Houston has always taken crap and this is more of it. TJ walked past Green and said some stuff. I hope Green comes back to play soon, but he took a cheap shot at TJ. I'm not saying he deserved to be injuried. But talking some stuff when walking past the guy who almost ended your career is fine with me

if he stood over greens body and said some crap I would be pissed but he only said it in passing
Old 10-07-2007   #126
Revolution
All Pro

Rep Power: 304 Revolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaybird View Post
textbook taunting.
You obviously do not know what taunting is. This was a guy p.o.'d that someone took his career into their hands with a cheap shot I(not legal) block. I am glad Trent is okay, but making a block like that, well, he took his health into his own hands...
Revolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007   #127
StarStruck
Site Contributor

Section: 115 Q6
Rep Power: 36463 StarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HardcoreTexan View Post
I think they were both in the wrong...green just got a concusion from his wrong
Why not offsetting penalties?
StarStruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-07-2007   #128
White Runningback
Veteran

Right or wrong, I think that anything that debases another them (first down signal after a catch or run, etc.) or if you drag your nuts across the QBs chin after a sack is simply unnecessary. Why can't players just act like they've been there before?
White Runningback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007   #129
jaybird
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revolution View Post
You obviously do not know what taunting is. This was a guy p.o.'d that someone took his career into their hands with a cheap shot I(not legal) block. I am glad Trent is okay, but making a block like that, well, he took his health into his own hands...
LMAO - yep... I was born yesterday and have no idea what taunting is... neither does Gary Kubiack or every since sports announcer in America.
Old 10-07-2007   #130
tanderson1988
Rookie

This is how I would've written it:

"The Dolphins had the ball at the Texans 25 on Sunday when Green gave the ball to Ted Ginn Jr. The rookie fumbled, then picked the ball up and reversed field as the defense chased him.

Texans' DT Travis Johnson, who was chasing after Ginn Jr., was questionably blocked at the knees by Green, and Johnson's knee ended up hitting Green's head. After the play ended, Johnson ran by the unconscious Green and shouted a few words of disgust at the quarterback's questionable attempt at a block and was given a 15 yard unsportsmanlike conduct penalty.

Johnson apologized to Houston coach Gary Kubiak during the game for the penalty. But Johnson was furious later, accusing Green of blocking him at the knees on purpose."
tanderson1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007   #131
Revolution
All Pro

Rep Power: 304 Revolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Not doubting you - but do you have a link to the NFL rules? I've been looking for a def. of the rule because I honestly don't know the blocking rules and can't seem to find one.
Why did you post that the block was legal, if you do not know?
Old 10-07-2007   #132
TheCD
All Pro

Rep Power: 1036 TheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
i agree,people will defend him on this board because he plays for the texans, but he was down and litle guys always go low on big guys.
That's still no excuse for Green to go low. It was a dirty block, plain and simple. Green was just trying to block for the ball carrier, but he knows better than to go that low.

Now that being said. T.J. has no excuse for his actions, and I think he should at the very least be suspended next week. If he's going to act like that I don't want him to play.
TheCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007   #133
HealingBullets
Rookie

Green got exactly what he deserved by taking a cheap shot at TJ's knees. I was at the game and could see the hit coming. It is a miracle that we are not here talking about TJ being out for the season. I have no problem with TJ's comments or his being upset at absorbing a cheap shot. I do not think TJ yelling at Green ( who at the time I am sure he didn't know was unconscious ) was wrong.
HealingBullets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007   #134
tanderson1988
Rookie

Quote:
you know what f your stupid ass comments, check yourself man its just a game and if green had severly hurt his neck permanately would you still say that even though the play would be the same.

people who defend classless players simply because they wear your teams colors are worse than those who do it because you had time to think about your comments his taunting was heat of the moment. not much better but still better than your comments.
Would you be saying the same thing if TJ's career would have been ended on a cheap block by Green? It goes both ways.

I agree, it was a classless move by TJ to "taunt" him. However, in Johnson's defense, he probably did not know Green had suffered a concussion.
tanderson1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007   #135
jaybird
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revolution View Post
Why did you post that the block was legal, if you do not know?
Because I'm pretty sure it's legal, but I can't say for 100% certainty...

so if you want to show me (and the others who have said it's legal) where in the rules it says it was illegal I would appreciate it.
Old 10-07-2007   #136
Revolution
All Pro

Quote:
LMAO - yep... I was born yesterday and have no idea what taunting is... neither does Gary Kubiack or every since sports announcer in America.
Taunting involves standing over someone, something TJ did not do...

Kubiak (notice spelling) and every since sports announcer makes no sense, so please clean it up a little.
Old 10-07-2007   #137
rollinstone18
let it bleed

Rep Power: 2574 rollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respected

Green's hit was clearly a cheap shot. It looked like Travis was yelling at a corpse so I can't really defend everything he did, but he was rightfully pissed off. I wouldn't call him classless though.
rollinstone18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007   #138
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCD View Post

Now that being said. T.J. has no excuse for his actions, and I think he should at the very least be suspended next week. If he's going to act like that I don't want him to play.

lmao.. ridiculous
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007   #139
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 27364 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected

TJ should not have taunted him. Yet, Green should never have hit TJ in the knees (for both himself AND TJs sake). The end.
Tailgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007   #140
TheCD
All Pro

Rep Power: 1036 TheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by nero THE zero View Post
Looks like an accurate account to me.
I think the report shows a spin in favor of Green. It states that Johnson kicked Green in the head, and then later accused Green of a low block.

While he did end up getting kicked in the head, Green did throw a low block. The article sounds incindiary, in my opinion.
TheCD is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read