Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-07-2007   #61
jaybird
Veteran

Default Re: tj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bomb View Post
Yelling at someone in anger is not tuanting, it's called being pissed off. Posing and having a "me" moment on someone's logo is taunting.

Believe it or not, we live in a "grey" world. Not everything is black and white and clear cut............there was ALOT of grey areas involved in this play. Until someone cut blocks you and you land on your head, I don't think your in position to judge.
LMAO - So apparently you didn't see the replay... he didn't 'yell' at someone... he got up... walked over to a guy on the ground... pointed at him, kind of jumped a few times, and yelled at him for a good while... that's taunting... especially if we could hear what he probably said.

EASY taunting call... again, not calling him dirty, or classless or anything... just stupid for letting his emotions get the better of himself...

but who am I to judge just someone who knows an easy taunting call when he sees one.
Old 10-07-2007   #62
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 92823 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

i've got no problem with what johnson did. green went in low and hit johnson directly in the knee, that alone would draw words, and johnson's acrobatics because of the cheap block would send any defender into a frenzy. this is football, there are 22 players on the field talking crap to eachother at all times, it sounds like some of yall would prefer figure skating and a round of kumbaya after each play. THIS time there happened to be a serious (although self inflicted) injury involved. if green had gotten up, johnson would've said the exact same thing and they would've jawed for a minute and no penalty would've come.

johnson had every right to be ticked off, and has every right to remain so ... green's decision to go after johnson's knees was very dangerous for both players.

and for those saying "well i knew right away that he was seriously hurt" ... congrats, we now know that you werent mid-summersault in football pads when it happened. i know the ball's in the air before cornerbacks turn to locate it, do i get a cookie?
Old 10-07-2007   #63
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 84801 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaybird View Post
LMAO - So apparently you didn't see the replay... he didn't 'yell' at someone... he got up... walked over to a guy on the ground... pointed at him, kind of jumped a few times, and yelled at him for a good while... that's taunting... especially if we could hear what he probably said.

EASY taunting call... again, not calling him dirty, or classless or anything... just stupid for letting his emotions get the better of himself...

but who am I to judge just someone who knows an easy taunting call when he sees one.
If you want to give the sensationalized version I guess that's what happened.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007   #64
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007   #65
jaybird
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
and for those saying "well i knew right away that he was seriously hurt" ... congrats, we now know that you werent mid-summersault in football pads when it happened. i know the ball's in the air before cornerbacks turn to locate it, do i get a cookie?
So you don't think TJ knew he was laying on the ground not moving the entire time he walked up to him and was yelling at him... I thought our Corners were smarter than that lol...

ok I'm done... I'm going back to my regular message board...

for those of you who agree with what he did then good for you... glad ya'll would have done the same and gotten a crucial penalty that lead to an opponent TD.
Old 10-07-2007   #66
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
i've got no problem with what johnson did. green went in low and hit johnson directly in the knee, that alone would draw words, and johnson's acrobatics because of the cheap block would send any defender into a frenzy. this is football, there are 22 players on the field talking crap to eachother at all times, it sounds like some of yall would prefer figure skating and a round of kumbaya after each play. THIS time there happened to be a serious (although self inflicted) injury involved. if green had gotten up, johnson would've said the exact same thing and they would've jawed for a minute and no penalty would've come.

johnson had every right to be ticked off, and has every right to remain so ... green's decision to go after johnson's knees was very dangerous for both players.

my thoughts exactly.. rep
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007   #67
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 92823 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

i counted 2 seconds from the time TJ started talking until he was past green, and he never stopped walking. you're exaggerating to try to defend your point.
Old 10-07-2007   #68
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 61322 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

A good while? I just timed the clip on NFL.com. Total time elapsed from the point where Travis got up after getting that chop block from Green and the point where he walked AWAY from Green after the 'taunt' was barely three seconds in real time.

Some of you guys make me laugh sometimes.
Old 10-07-2007   #69
Leahmic223
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 22 Leahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of Famer

ESPN is spinning it again...here's ALSO what Travis said during the post-game presser.

Quote:
Texans DT Travis Johnson

(opening statement) “I apologize for going off like that. We d-linemen, when you have someone going at your knees, it’s kind of tough. But at the same time, I shouldn’t have reacted like that. The penalty ended up leading to a score, so really I hurt my team. I shouldn’t have let my anger get to me, so I apologize to coach Kubiak, because I hurt my team. Really, I should have kept my cool. Being in that type of situation, this is a game of controlled violence, and I really I let my anger get the best of me.”
Leahmic223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007   #70
Scooter
Funky

Quote:
ESPN is spinning it again...here's ALSO what Travis said during the post-game presser.

Quote:
Quote:
Texans DT Travis Johnson

(opening statement) “I apologize for going off like that. We d-linemen, when you have someone going at your knees, it’s kind of tough. But at the same time, I shouldn’t have reacted like that. The penalty ended up leading to a score, so really I hurt my team. I shouldn’t have let my anger get to me, so I apologize to coach Kubiak, because I hurt my team. Really, I should have kept my cool. Being in that type of situation, this is a game of controlled violence, and I really I let my anger get the best of me.”
that's a real good statement from him. he's still ticked off about what happened, but he seems really remorseful for drawing the penalty that hurt the team, and that's very upstanding to me.
Old 10-07-2007   #71
grinch1134
Veteran

Rep Power: 1113 grinch1134 is a quality contributor and well respectedgrinch1134 is a quality contributor and well respectedgrinch1134 is a quality contributor and well respectedgrinch1134 is a quality contributor and well respectedgrinch1134 is a quality contributor and well respectedgrinch1134 is a quality contributor and well respectedgrinch1134 is a quality contributor and well respectedgrinch1134 is a quality contributor and well respectedgrinch1134 is a quality contributor and well respectedgrinch1134 is a quality contributor and well respectedgrinch1134 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leahmic223 View Post
WOW Classless.

I'm glad to see how our team shows class by calling themselves out when they make mistakes. It is great how that apology quote doesn't get as much press as the "that was a vicious hit quote"

Rep
grinch1134 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007   #72
utahmark
markbeth

Rep Power: 8734 utahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroHonda View Post
A good while? I just timed the clip on NFL.com. Total time elapsed from the point where Travis got up after getting that chop block from Green and the point where he walked AWAY from Green after the 'taunt' was barely three seconds in real time.

Some of you guys make me laugh sometimes.
it wasnt a chop it was a cut. one is legal one is not.

do you ever go to ftp. cause i have some of your chips if you do (play money of course).
utahmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007   #73
utahmark
markbeth

Rep Power: 8734 utahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respected

you guys ever seen a running back pick up a blitzer low and the guy flips. pretty much the exact same play green made. totally legal and happens all the time. i really dont think you guys have watched much football.
Old 10-07-2007   #74
Leahmic223
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 22 Leahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by grinch1134 View Post
WOW Classless.

I'm glad to see how our team shows class by calling themselves out when they make mistakes. It is great how that apology quote doesn't get as much press as the "that was a vicious hit quote"

Rep
It really is sad how ESPN tries to spin stories, sometimes they go too far (MICHAEL VICK TOWN MEETING!!!!!)

Quote:
that's a real good statement from him. he's still ticked off about what happened, but he seems really remorseful for drawing the penalty that hurt the team, and that's very upstanding to me.
I think he apologized the best he could. I mean he can't say sorry for hurting Trent, because Trent did it to himself. The only thing he can apologize for is the taunting, and he could say he's sorry about the condition that Trent is in.

In the ESPN article he said his knee still hurts. As long as his knee still hurts, he's going to be mad about it.
Old 10-07-2007   #75
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 61322 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by markbeth View Post
it wasnt a chop it was a cut. one is legal one is not.

do you ever go to ftp. cause i have some of your chips if you do (play money of course).
Okay. I thought a chop block was also called a cut block which is what I understood the articles that you had posted to lead it to mean. If I was incorrect on that then I just misunderstood it.

What? I didn't understand your ftp comment at all. I'm inclined to think that you're now on the attack for some reason. I thought we were conversing just fine? What happened?
Old 10-07-2007   #76
Leahmic223
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by markbeth View Post
you guys ever seen a running back pick up a blitzer low and the guy flips. pretty much the exact same play green made. totally legal and happens all the time. i really dont think you guys have watched much football.
Yes but they hit above the knee, Do they come flying at your Knee?

RBs Always do this to Mario(And IT WORKS unfortunately, Mario has to beat those.) but he never flips. The RBs that do this hit the thigh not the Knee. Even so DE and DTs don't go flying like TJ did. They either just fall forward or kind of swept off their feet.
Old 10-07-2007   #77
utahmark
markbeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroHonda View Post
Okay. I thought a chop block was also called a cut block which is what I understood the articles that you had posted to lead it to mean. If I was incorrect on that then I just misunderstood it.

What? I didn't understand your ftp comment at all. I'm inclined to think that you're now on the attack for some reason. I thought we were conversing just fine? What happened?
no not on the attack. just saw someone with your name at a diff site.
Old 10-07-2007   #78
utahmark
markbeth

Quote:
Yes but they hit above the knee, Do they come flying at your Knee?

RBs Always do this to Mario(And IT WORKS unfortunately, Mario has to beat those.) but he never flips. The RBs that do this hit the thigh not the Knee. Even so DE and DTs don't go flying like TJ did. They either just fall forward or kind of swept off their feet.
no they go low. and im not talking about the lineman like what they do to mario. im talking about running backs and often the guy flying through the middle flips in the air.

alright im through with this thread. some people apparantly think what tj did is fine. big win for our team, we need this one.
Old 10-07-2007   #79
jaybird
Veteran

Had to come back because I saw Gary's presser... interesting that he said that Travis was absolutely wrong... what he did was inexcusable and he let his team down... hmmmm sounds like I was right

BUT... he also said that Travis apologized to the team, Gary, the official and the Miami players... which shows a lot of maturity...
Old 10-07-2007   #80
jaybird
Veteran

Quote:
Yeah - from where I was standing it looked like after getting ripped by his coach and realizing he made a mistake Travis went over to the Miami players as Trent was being taken off and looked like he went over to apologize... which was pretty big of him IMO... which is why I don't think he is classless as others have said... just think he made a mistake in losing his temper... which luckily did not cost us the game.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read