Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-07-2007   #41
utahmark
markbeth

Rep Power: 8733 utahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: tj

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroHonda View Post
Hmmm. I read the articles. I want solid clarification though. Something along the lines of NFL rules. The link you provided had to do with college. You just may very well be right. This is interesting though. I didn't realize that it'd only be illegal in the trenches.

Whatever the rule may be, I still don't agree with the play. It was a low and extremely dangerous blow. Just not the kind of football I'd play.

here is another one. http://www.sportingnews.com/blog/lostfan/46663
utahmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007   #42
utahmark
markbeth

Rep Power: 8733 utahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddict5 View Post
maybe you should start following gymnastics or something- now theres a sport where nothing bad ever happens to anybody.. righteousness ftw!
cute. just cause i dont like someone taunting another player that could be dead for all he nows im now a girl.
Old 10-07-2007   #43
MEGA SWATT
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15515 MEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by markbeth View Post
totally classless individual. enough said....

get over it, nuff said

Travis could have blown out a knee, shoulder or broke a wrist/hand on that block. That taunting was heat of the moment. It's not like travis laid him out with a block & then stood over him sneering
MEGA SWATT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007   #44
grinch1134
Veteran

Rep Power: 1113 grinch1134 is a quality contributor and well respectedgrinch1134 is a quality contributor and well respectedgrinch1134 is a quality contributor and well respectedgrinch1134 is a quality contributor and well respectedgrinch1134 is a quality contributor and well respectedgrinch1134 is a quality contributor and well respectedgrinch1134 is a quality contributor and well respectedgrinch1134 is a quality contributor and well respectedgrinch1134 is a quality contributor and well respectedgrinch1134 is a quality contributor and well respectedgrinch1134 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
to me your actions define who you are. didnt you watch batman. you do classless things then in my book your classless. pretty simple.
Okay, argument is over when you start quoting batman. I thought you really made real arguments, not arguments justified by superhero rules.
grinch1134 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007   #45
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Its how a man reacts that defines him. Illegal block or not he turned around and saw Green slumped and lifeless. My wife even screamed about him lying there. He then conscioulsy went over and taunted him. It didn't end there.

Quote:
The bottom line is, it was a malicious hit. It was uncalled for,'' Johnson said. "He's like the scarecrow. He wants to get courage while I wasn't looking, and hit me in my knee instead of trying to hit me in my head. God don't like ugly, you know what I mean?
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3053104

He should have dropped it...classless
Old 10-07-2007   #46
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69328 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
to me your actions define who you are. didnt you watch batman. you do classless things then in my book your classless. pretty simple.
Wouldn't it be nice if there was someone who could follow you around and freak out everytime you made a bad decision or let your emotions get the better of you in about a time frame of 2 seconds. It was pretty obvious TJ didn't know Green was seriously hurt and he was obviously PO'd, but lets go ahead and blast a guy for doing something everyone here has done at one time or another.........and that's let his emotions get the better of him.

P.S.

What does "Batman" have to do with a play on the field?

Last edited by Carr Bombed; 10-07-2007 at 06:43 PM.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007   #47
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
cute. just cause i dont like someone taunting another player that could be dead for all he nows im now a girl.
travis COULD'VE snapped his spinal chord when he landed after green's dangerous block...sorry sensationalism ftw!

seriously i put it in perspective by thinking of it as an everyday occurrence to see how id react- if you were driving along in your car and something crashes into you because they were driving dangerously and could've seriously injured you.. do you get out of the car and get angry or think to yourself 'maybe i shouldn't get angry because they might be injured too? i know what id do
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-07-2007   #48
MEGA SWATT
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15515 MEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaybird View Post
Just saw the reply again... TJ went right at him... easy call...

glad TJ was not hurt - looked like Green was trying to take his legs out and I understand how he can be mad, but no need to go taunt him...

and for those of you who say it was not a taunt... when you walk up to a guy on the ground and start yellling and pointing your finger at him it's an easy taunt call.

not saying he is classless... just very stupid move on TJ after a good defensive play. I understand being angry, but you can't yell at a guy on the ground like that.
dude, get over it already; you're whining
Old 10-07-2007   #49
Leahmic223
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 22 Leahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonFrog View Post
Its how a man reacts that defines him. Illegal block or not he turned around and saw Green slumped and lifeless. My wife even screamed about him lying there. He then conscioulsy went over and taunted him. It didn't end there.

I'll wait to see the whole interview...ESPN tends to sensationalize things a bit.

He was limping though, it was not a good block, and I can understand TJs frustration. As he said, he has to eat to, that could have gave him a serious injury. Look at Spencer and how long its taken him to come back from his injury, different circumstances still though... a knee injury does not bode well for a guy that's that big and has had a tendecy to be out of shape.
Leahmic223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007   #50
jaybird
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANS4MARIO View Post
dude, get over it already; you're whining
LMAO - whatever dude... I could give a rat's... I wonder how many other people would be whining if we lost this game.... that play could have been huge since it helped lead to a TD...
Old 10-07-2007   #51
MEGA SWATT
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Yes, you're being taunted right now.

Let me throw the flag for you.

Old 10-07-2007   #52
utahmark
markbeth

Quote:

i was hoping for an apology. now i got 52 guys to root for and 1 to root against. and im sure all you guys who think it was o.k. for tj to do that would feel the same way if it was our qb laying on the ground lifeless.
Old 10-07-2007   #53
grinch1134
Veteran

Rep Power: 1113 grinch1134 is a quality contributor and well respectedgrinch1134 is a quality contributor and well respectedgrinch1134 is a quality contributor and well respectedgrinch1134 is a quality contributor and well respectedgrinch1134 is a quality contributor and well respectedgrinch1134 is a quality contributor and well respectedgrinch1134 is a quality contributor and well respectedgrinch1134 is a quality contributor and well respectedgrinch1134 is a quality contributor and well respectedgrinch1134 is a quality contributor and well respectedgrinch1134 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

This was also in that ESPN link "Texans defensive tackle Travis Johnson hit Green in the head with his knee before Ginn was tackled by Anthony Weaver. After the play ended, Johnson stood over Green and taunted him, drawing a 15-yard penalty."

So Travis jumped up and kneed Trent Green. No, Trent Green put his helmet into Travis' knee.
grinch1134 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007   #54
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANS4MARIO View Post
Yes, you're being taunted right now.

Let me throw the flag for you.

lmao rep
Old 10-07-2007   #55
jaybird
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by grinch1134 View Post
This was also in that ESPN link "Texans defensive tackle Travis Johnson hit Green in the head with his knee before Ginn was tackled by Anthony Weaver. After the play ended, Johnson stood over Green and taunted him, drawing a 15-yard penalty."

So Travis jumped up and kneed Trent Green.
LMAO - The older I get the more I hate ESPN....
Old 10-07-2007   #56
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69328 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
i was hoping for an apology. now i got 52 guys to root for and 1 to root against. and im sure all you guys who think it was o.k. for tj to do that would feel the same way if it was our qb laying on the ground lifeless.
So TJ was supposed to know instantly Green was "lifeless" I wonder how many people here needed more than 2 or 3 seconds to figure that out.
Old 10-07-2007   #57
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

well i agree 100% with travis.. hes the bad guy because green a popular, media-friendly guy and got hurt but it was all greens fault, hes the one who did the 'evil' thing to travis.. not the other way around

i cant believe some of you guys
Old 10-07-2007   #58
jaybird
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bomb View Post
So TJ was supposed to know instantly Green was "lifeless" I wonder how many people here needed more than 2 or 3 seconds to figure that out.

Apparently I knew long before TJ did then... LMAO... it wasn't that hard... have you seen the replay? How can you not call that taunting...
Old 10-07-2007   #59
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaybird View Post
Apparently I knew long before TJ did then... LMAO... it wasn't that hard... have you seen the replay? How can you not call that taunting...
Yelling at someone in anger is not tuanting, it's called being pissed off. Posing and having a "me" moment on someone's logo is taunting.

Believe it or not, we live in a "grey" world. Not everything is black and white and clear cut............there was ALOT of grey areas involved in this play. Until someone cut blocks you and you land on your head, I don't think your in position to judge.

It sure is funny we ask these guys to get jacked up before a game and go out with a certain "take their head off" mentality, but if they actually lose their cool in a already emotional game to begin with...........they are supposed to not have human responses.

Last edited by Carr Bombed; 10-07-2007 at 07:05 PM.
Old 10-07-2007   #60
Leahmic223
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 22 Leahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by grinch1134 View Post

So Travis jumped up and kneed Trent Green. No, Trent Green put his helmet into Travis' knee.
Like I said lol...This is ESPN.

I am going to wait for the ACTUAL post game comments not spun around from the official site. I am not going to look at two quotes in a ESPN article and judge the guy by that.

The same ESPN that fooled most of the public by calling Bush this great decoy who made such a HUGE impact on games.

The Same ESPN that says all that matters is that VY wins the Games...yet when Rex was winning the games it didn't matter because...because...

I hope he apologizes also, at least tries. But that article isnt the press conference transcript, they are spinning it to make Travis look bad and almost like it was Travis fault. Who knows what he could have said before that? It could have been "I am sorry for what happened to him..." then went on to say what he said. Those articles never tell the full story or what the player says before or after the comment.
Leahmic223 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read