Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-07-2007   #21
Leahmic223
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 22 Leahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of Famer
Default Re: tj

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroHonda View Post
A legal block? I'm sorry but that was a blatant chop block. Chop blocks are illegal and the Dolphins should have gotten penalized on that play. I hope Trent Green gets well though. And I hope that Travis gets a little bit of yelling by the coaches but I really don't think he was taunting. He was mad because he just got chop blocked. BAD. That 300+ man did a somersault! ONly way you're going to flip a guy that size is to chop block him.
Exactly.

There is no reason Travis should be flying up in the air the way he did, that was in no way a legal block. I don't know if Trent just missed the block and his head got in the way (which looks to be what happened) but you can't throw your body at someone's knees that way. Like I said, that could have easily been a serious injury to Travis. And you think Travis wants to go back on IR? He wants to prove himself this year, I think he was just pissed. I think he would have apologized if he had the chance to but at the moment he was just pissed.
Leahmic223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007   #22
StarStruck
Site Contributor

Section: 115 Q6
Rep Power: 22174 StarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respected

Why weren't there offsetting penalties?
StarStruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007   #23
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaybird View Post
If you're pissed yell at your buddies... yell at the sky... yell at the ground... don't walk up to the guy on the ground who is not moving and yell at him... he might not have 'meant' to taunt... but it was an easy call.
yeah dont yell at the guy that could've seriously injured you...

i have no prob with what tj did.. he obviously didnt think green was seriously injured and it was a really dangerous block
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007   #24
jaybird
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddict5 View Post
yeah dont yell at the guy that could've seriously injured you...

i have no prob with what tj did.. he obviously didnt think green was seriously injured and it was a really dangerous block
Not when it is going to give you a friggin penalty... even if Green was 100% fine and just slow to get up he's going to get a penalty...
Old 10-07-2007   #25
gjmac2
Veteran

Rep Power: 14 gjmac2 could be on the next Madden covergjmac2 could be on the next Madden covergjmac2 could be on the next Madden covergjmac2 could be on the next Madden covergjmac2 could be on the next Madden covergjmac2 could be on the next Madden cover

Travis got caught up in the heat of the moment. I don't know him personally, but so far he has shown nothing, on or off the field, to indicate that he is "classless" or a bad guy.

The type of block Trent Green threw is dangerous, especially when you do it when the other guy is not looking, as you could end a players career by wrecking their knee(s). That's why Travis was hovering above Trent Green, he was mad.

I played football, and have had a guy cut block me before while I wasn't looking. The initial reaction is to rip someones head off. It's a legal block, and I wouldn't classify it as dirty, but I would say it's a "cheap" block.

My point is, I think Travis deserves the benefit of the doubt. I have not heard any post game comments, but I'm sure Travis feels bad about his actions.

Last edited by gjmac2; 10-07-2007 at 06:01 PM.
gjmac2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007   #26
grinch1134
Veteran

Rep Power: 1113 grinch1134 is a quality contributor and well respectedgrinch1134 is a quality contributor and well respectedgrinch1134 is a quality contributor and well respectedgrinch1134 is a quality contributor and well respectedgrinch1134 is a quality contributor and well respectedgrinch1134 is a quality contributor and well respectedgrinch1134 is a quality contributor and well respectedgrinch1134 is a quality contributor and well respectedgrinch1134 is a quality contributor and well respectedgrinch1134 is a quality contributor and well respectedgrinch1134 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I think TJ is a good guy... and understand completley being ticked... I'm just more mad because it was a horrible move on his part to yell at a guy on the ground after you make a great play because that gave Miami a TD essentially.

horrible move yes, classless no
a penalty is a penalty, but it doesn't make you classless
grinch1134 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007   #27
jaybird
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by grinch1134 View Post
I agree with that for the most part - I think the act/what he did was classless/horrible however you want to put it... but I don't know the man so I can't call him anything. I'm just more ticked that we got a penalty because of him on a day when we had way too many penalties... and whether Green was hurt or not, you yell at a guy on the ground like that and you're getting flagged.
Old 10-07-2007   #28
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Not when it is going to give you a friggin penalty... even if Green was 100% fine and just slow to get up he's going to get a penalty...
look at any nfl game... you'll see guys get angry at each other all the time- alot of times its not a penalty (because tj wasnt really taunting, just angry).. i think some of ye guys are being harsh and i think theres plenty more important things to talk about after this game.. its not like he pulled a haynesworth or anything
Old 10-07-2007   #29
utahmark
markbeth

Rep Power: 8733 utahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
A legal block? I'm sorry but that was a blatant chop block. Chop blocks are illegal and the Dolphins should have gotten penalized on that play. I hope Trent Green gets well though. And I hope that Travis gets a little bit of yelling by the coaches but I really don't think he was taunting. He was mad because he just got chop blocked. BAD. That 300+ man did a somersault! ONly way you're going to flip a guy that size is to chop block him.
actually your wrong. if a player is not engaged and you dont block him from behind going low is perfectly legal.

http://www.cavalierdaily.com/CVArtic...24597&pid=1344

http://sports.expertvillage.com/expe...chop-block.htm
utahmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007   #30
jaybird
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddict5 View Post
look at any nfl game... you'll see guys get angry at each other all the time- alot of times its not a penalty (because tj wasnt really taunting, just angry).. i think some of ye guys are being harsh and i think theres plenty more important things to talk about after this game.. its not like he pulled a haynesworth or anything
If you yell at a guy who is laying on the ground who is not on your team you will get flagged... and they haven't said what he said either... he could have easily yelled 'that's what you get' or something like that which is easily taunting..

it was an easy call for the refs and a stupid move that could have cost the game.

Way too many penalities over all which needs to be cleaned up before the game next week.
Old 10-07-2007   #31
utahmark
markbeth

Rep Power: 8733 utahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by grinch1134 View Post

to me your actions define who you are. didnt you watch batman. you do classless things then in my book your classless. pretty simple.
utahmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007   #32
Allstar
Bona fide

Rep Power: 16898 Allstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respected

I doubt TJ knew knew the injury was serious. He probably would have gotten a penalty even if Green wasn't hurt by shoving him or something. He was furious because he knew that block could have ended his season, so he got up to say something to him, and when he saw that Green was on the ground he probably said something along the lines of, "Yeah, look what happens when you try to pull that ****." It was by no means a good decision, but I don't consider him a "classless" individual, I don't know the guy.
Allstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007   #33
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 48009 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon420tx View Post
I don't think it was a taunt, I think TJ was just pissed about the low hit on his knee and didn't know Green was hurt untill he was pulled away.
That's what they said on 610.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
For being the most intelligent form of life on our planet, we sure do some incredibly stupid things.
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007   #34
Trap_Star
SiteContributor

Rep Power: 27348 Trap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respected

unnecessary, yes......classless? no. taunting/trash-talking is part of the game. if you ever played, you'd know.
Trap_Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007   #35
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Quote:
If you yell at a guy who is laying on the ground who is not on your team you will get flagged... and they haven't said what he said either... he could have easily yelled 'that's what you get' or something like that which is easily taunting..

it was an easy call for the refs and a stupid move that could have cost the game.

Way too many penalities over all which needs to be cleaned up before the game next week.
im done with this, i dont care what tj did, its a non-issue in the grand scheme of things, i know i would prob have done the same if i was him... green got what he deserved for a very dangerous block- we'd all be singing a different tune if tj had blown his knee out, which could've easily happened
Old 10-07-2007   #36
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 61321 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by markbeth View Post
actually your wrong. if a player is not engaged and you dont block him from behind going low is perfectly legal.

http://www.cavalierdaily.com/CVArtic...24597&pid=1344

http://sports.expertvillage.com/expe...chop-block.htm
Hmmm. I read the articles. I want solid clarification though. Something along the lines of NFL rules. The link you provided had to do with college. You just may very well be right. This is interesting though. I didn't realize that it'd only be illegal in the trenches.

Whatever the rule may be, I still don't agree with the play. It was a low and extremely dangerous blow. Just not the kind of football I'd play.
Old 10-07-2007   #37
ensign_lee
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 467 ensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respected

Trent Green could have ended TJ's career right there if he hit him in a certain way. I can see why TJ would be EXTREMELY PISSED about that fact.

I think that penalty was freaking weaksauce.

Yes; Trent Green's career may be over. I am very sorry for that fact. But it was his choice to try to throw a block that way.
ensign_lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007   #38
jaybird
Veteran

Just saw the reply again... TJ went right at him... easy call...

glad TJ was not hurt - looked like Green was trying to take his legs out and I understand how he can be mad, but no need to go taunt him...

and for those of you who say it was not a taunt... when you walk up to a guy on the ground and start yellling and pointing your finger at him it's an easy taunt call.

not saying he is classless... just very stupid move on TJ after a good defensive play. I understand being angry, but you can't yell at a guy on the ground like that.
Old 10-07-2007   #39
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by markbeth View Post
to me your actions define who you are. didnt you watch batman. you do classless things then in my book your classless. pretty simple.
maybe you should start following gymnastics or something- now theres a sport where nothing bad ever happens to anybody.. righteousness ftw!
Old 10-07-2007   #40
Leahmic223
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 22 Leahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Hmmm. I read the articles. I want solid clarification though. Something along the lines of NFL rules. The link you provided had to do with college. You just may very well be right. This is interesting though. I didn't realize that it'd only be illegal in the trenches.

Whatever the rule may be, I still don't agree with the play. It was a low and extremely dangerous blow. Just not the kind of football I'd play.
It could be legal (I am not sure, I Was pretty sure throwing a block like that to the knee was a no no though) but you don't do it.

Even if it's legal he shouldn't be doing it, because that means our guys are probably going to turn around and say "OKay if they are going to do it, we are too." just like in baseball. Next thing you know 4 guys are on IR from both teams.
Leahmic223 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read