Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-09-2007   #301
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 67501 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Travis Johnson and Trent Green

IMO it was an attempt at a boderline illegal block. Trent saw that TJ didnt see him coming and dove at his knee. It just happened that instead of taking his knee violently off the ground during the block he got hit in the head with the knee. Trent probably could have had a nice block on TJ if he would have hit him in the chest, TJ didnt even see him. It is likely that TJ would have been knocked off his feet if Trent had gone for a higher block because TJ didn't see him at all. TJ even said "It showed me what kind of man he is". I agree with him. It's one thing to go for someones knee head on, where they can see you do it, but it is another thing to come from behind someone and throw your body weight lead by your helmet into the side of someone's knee. That's pretty weak.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007   #302
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 346173 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack View Post
Golic agreed with TJ on Mike and Mike.
It doesn't surprise me. A lot of NFL players - especially linemen - agree with the reasons behind TJ's anger.

Quote:
Originally Posted by disaacks3 View Post
Wow, that may be the only time I EVER agree with Jerome Solomon. Kudos to him for getting it right.
I can't remember the last time I agreed with him, too. But I think his article was spot on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerfuldragon View Post

Save Picture As....

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
Trent probably could have had a nice block on TJ if he would have hit him in the chest, TJ didnt even see him. It is likely that TJ would have been knocked off his feet if Trent had gone for a higher block because TJ didn't see him at all.
Andre Ware said the same thing yesterday morning. He elaborated that you could knock any 300+ man on his butt if the dude doesn't see you coming. Green would've had a great highlight, too, knocking a d-lineman on his ass by getting up under his shoulder pads.

I hope Green is alright, but his injury is all on him. TJ had nothing to do with that, and his only mistake was not controlling his emotions.
Old 10-09-2007   #303
real

Does anyone remember Bledsoe's hit when he was with the bill's a couple years back ?
Old 10-09-2007   #304
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

WOW I agree with J Soloman. Like I said in my post earlier immediately after a game is not the best time to get a clam response from most players in the NFL.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read