Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-08-2007   #281
jerek
Pro Hobbyist

Rep Power: 11661 jerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to jerek
Default Re: Travis Johnson and Trent Green

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarStruck View Post
I can agree with the heat of the moment and within a second or two I can give TJ the benefit of the doubt that he wasn't aware of the extent of TG's injury and being pissed off about the block. However, once Green was carted off the field, it should have been clear that the situation had a great impact of both players.

The post-game interveiw was about three hours after the incident occurred, and it didn't appear that TJ had any sympathy for what had happened in the heat of the moment. He appeared to be just as angry then as he was after the incident, and going on to make statements about him having to eat, which is obvious, and further making a statement that God doesn't like ugly. To me that sounds like a person that could care less about the injury and that he possibly got what he deserved. Team mates and Texan PR people tried desparately to get Johnson stop talking, yet he continued on until he finished what he had to say.

My question is whether Johnson is upset or not, after three hours, was his response and behavior for the "good" of the team? Did our spectacular day and Brown's crowning moments need to be marred throughout the sports world because Johnson's anger and insisting on having the last word against all the advice around him? Over the years, much has been said by fans about their pride in the Texans being a "classy" organization. That post-game interview did not reflect such. Also, IMO, the apology was pretty hollow given that he probably had no choice after the organization gave him an ultimatum.
The part you're referencing is the "bad rep" he does deserve. Folks crucifying him for jumping to his feet and yelling/taunting (immediately following the hit) is the part he doesn't. JMO.
Old 10-08-2007   #282
Battle Red Flash
Veteran

Rep Power: 25 Battle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performer
Default Re: tj

Quote:
Originally Posted by grinch1134 View Post
he was just talking crap to someone that clipped him, I don't think he even realized the injury was serious
After the Killings injury, I think everyone in the stadium thought it could be a very serious neck injury.
Except T.J.
Old 10-08-2007   #283
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Battle Red Flash View Post
After the Killings injury, I think everyone in the stadium thought it could be a very serious neck injury.
Except T.J.
Well you must admit, TJ was upside down and landing on his head while the rest of us came to that conclusion. The whole thing took 3-4 seconds in real time. 4 seconds after he got to his feet TJ was past Green and heading for the bench.
Old 10-08-2007   #284
Bulluck53
All Pro

Rep Power: 1628 Bulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respected

Before I say anything I'll throwout a disclaimer that will go ahead and answer half of the responses this post will get:

Albert Haynesworth is a douchbag

Ok now, watch the play. Whoever #55 is for yall was behind Johnson watching this happen. He kind of hops like he is about to run and stopp him from tauting Green. My interpretation of that is #55 knew Green was hurt (probably by the fact that he was motionless.) Also, a Miami player was jumping and waving the medical team onto the field in the direction Johnson was looking. Saying Johnson didn't know he was hurt or only taunted him when he walked by is dumb. I understand his outrage, it is a cheap block, but Haynesworth was cut buy Gurode from the side when he went off and got suspended. (I agree, different situation but the reasoning for the anger is there). When I saw that all I thought was 'totally classles'.
Bulluck53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007   #285
Vinnie
with an I E

Section: 506, best section in the 500's!
Rep Power: 13154 Vinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulluck53 View Post
Before I say anything I'll throwout a disclaimer that will go ahead and answer half of the responses this post will get:

Albert Haynesworth is a douchbag

Ok now, watch the play. Whoever #55 is for yall was behind Johnson watching this happen. He kind of hops like he is about to run and stopp him from tauting Green. My interpretation of that is #55 knew Green was hurt (probably by the fact that he was motionless.) Also, a Miami player was jumping and waving the medical team onto the field in the direction Johnson was looking. Saying Johnson didn't know he was hurt or only taunted him when he walked by is dumb. I understand his outrage, it is a cheap block, but Haynesworth was cut buy Gurode from the side when he went off and got suspended. (I agree, different situation but the reasoning for the anger is there). When I saw that all I thought was 'totally classles'.
None of those other guys you just mentioned that noticed Green was hurt had just recovered from landing on their head in the last few seconds either.
Vinnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007   #286
Bulluck53
All Pro

Rep Power: 1628 Bulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respected

To me it doesn't excuse it. But if thats your opinion thats cool... but what do you think about his postgame rant? I didn't even know about that until about 5 minutes ago.
Bulluck53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007   #287
Vinnie
with an I E

Rep Power: 13154 Vinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulluck53 View Post
To me it doesn't excuse it. But if thats your opinion thats cool... but what do you think about his postgame rant? I didn't even know about that until about 5 minutes ago.
Unprofessional. He should have got it together by then.
Sponsored links
Old 10-08-2007   #288
BattleRedToro
Thread Killer

Rep Power: 3990 BattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Did our spectacular day
Don't you think that it is a but much to refer to squeaking out a victory against a winless opponent at home as a spectacular day?
Old 10-08-2007   #289
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 168146 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinnie View Post
Unprofessional. He should have got it together by then.
Maybe he had a concussion? Ok thats a reach. Someone should have walked by and yelled "TJ STFU" waved there hands all around like he and continue walking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007   #290
StarStruck
Site Contributor

Section: 317-6-8, 115 Q6
Rep Power: 48949 StarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BattleRedToro View Post
Don't you think that it is a bit much to refer to squeaking out a victory against a winless opponent at home as a spectacular day?

No. 3 points or 30, the Texans are 3-2. I have to be elated at the spectacular contribution from the Kicker.
StarStruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007   #291
BattleRedToro
Thread Killer

Rep Power: 3990 BattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
No. 3 points or 30, the Texans are 3-2. I have to be elated at the spectacular contribution from the Kicker.
I too am happy with the win and I agree that the kicker had a spectacular day. I just didn't see it as a spectacular performance from the team as a whole.
Old 10-09-2007   #292
GuerillaBlack
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33658 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Golic agreed with TJ on Mike and Mike.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007   #293
hobie
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 5549 hobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respected

OK guys, let's start to focus on Jacksonville.... What is done is done be it wrong or right. Like TJ or not, things happen in a game we never will know or understand.
hobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007   #294
GuerillaBlack
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33658 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

It's not like we are playings the Jags.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007   #295
real

Great Article:http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/...n/5198468.html

Quote:
Johnson had reason to be angry

By JEROME SOLOMON
Copyright 2007 Houston Chronicle

TOOLS
Email Get section feed
Print Subscribe NOW
Comments Recommend (1)
Travis Johnson is not the villain he is being made out to be by some. He's definitely not "the worst person in the NFL," as he was so anointed by NBC's Keith Olbermann.

Johnson might not have been the one carted off the field with a concussion after what Texans coach Gary Kubiak describes as a "nasty collision," but he certainly came close to being the one in need of medical attention.

Give an inch here or there, and Johnson would have spent Monday morning on an operating table. (As it was, he spent time getting an MRI on a knee that was throbbing Monday evening.)

So understandably, he was a bit peeved that Dolphins quarterback Trent Green went low with what is a legal but potentially dangerous block. That block is illegal on kick returns and change-of-possession plays. With Ted Ginn dribbling the ball in the backfield Sunday, this was as close to those types of plays as you will get, but technically, it was just a running play. Don't be surprised if the league bans this type of block on reverses next offseason.

Nevertheless, that won't help Johnson's case in the court of public opinion. So let me file an appeal on his behalf. He's innocent of the crimes for which so many have convicted him. Innocent, I say.

He was barely in the wrong at all.

Johnson says he didn't jump up and point at Green to say, "Glad you're hurt, pal." His immediate and justifiably heated reaction was to say, "Hey pal, what are you doing? You can hurt somebody like that." And maybe there was an expletive or eight tossed in for flavor.

That's not even taunting in my book. It rightly drew a flag from the game officials, but if intent meant anything ...

The understandable or deplorable (depends on your perspective) video of Johnson yelling and pointing at Green, who lay motionless on the turf at Reliant Stadium, will get plenty of run this week. There was no way for Johnson to know Green wasn't going to get up and walk off the field. Should Johnson have checked the guy's vitals before screaming at him in frustration?

If you watch the replay at regular speed, you see Johnson stood over Green for barely a second. When he realized Green wasn't moving, he moved on. Believe it, he probably wishes Green had
stood up so he could have knocked him down. Now, that would have been stupid.

Some people have accepted Johnson's initial rant — Kubiak didn't and has let Johnson know so because the resulting 15-yard taunting penalty cost the Texans — but they find his locker room rant some two hours later inexcusable. After all, Green left the field strapped to a gurney.

Just two weeks earlier, Johnson's teammate and fellow defensive lineman Cedric Killings left the same field in the same position with a serious neck injury.

After that game, Johnson was the first Texan to visit Killings at Methodist Hospital. The man has a heart. He didn't lose it in two weeks, and he didn't lose it because of what he perceived to be a cheap shot from Green.

What has been underreported is the fact that by the time the cameras spotlighted Johnson after the game, everyone knew Green wasn't paralyzed. All he had was a concussion.

I know you're thinking, "All?" If my head was mush after said collision, that wouldn't be so easy to say, but we're talking about football players here. They keep count of their concussions like they do sacks and touchdowns.

Many might wonder why Johnson had a ridiculous rant left in him after the game, but I'm not surprised. Green wasn't seriously hurt (by NFL standards), and Johnson was still angry that Green sent him into a Mary Lou Retton that could have ended his career.

The NFL-mandated 10-minute cooling-off period is hardly enough time to gather one's thoughts after an emotional victory like the Texans pulled off in the final seconds Sunday. It's great for the media but bad for players. Especially straight shooters like Johnson, who at times speaks before thinking.

Ten hours would have been better.

But let's keep it at 10 minutes. I like it better that way. More fodder.

Johnson will speak today or maybe Wednesday.

Now, if he's smart, he'll apologize to Bob McNair for showing up on SportsCenter cursing out an opponent, and he'll apologize to young fans for breaking the blue laws against using that language on Sundays.

Don't expect Johnson to apologize for being angry at Green.

Don't expect him to apologize for yelling at Green.

Really, he shouldn't have to.
Old 10-09-2007   #296
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 158369 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected

Wow, that may be the only time I EVER agree with Jerome Solomon. Kudos to him for getting it right.
Old 10-09-2007   #297
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 27214 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by disaacks3 View Post
Wow, that may be the only time I EVER agree with Jerome Solomon. Kudos to him for getting it right.
Old 10-09-2007   #298
Vinnie
with an I E

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaL View Post
Maybe he had a concussion? Ok thats a reach. Someone should have walked by and yelled "TJ STFU" waved there hands all around like he and continue walking.
LOL! Where's Antonio Pierce and his air horn when you need him?
Old 10-09-2007   #299
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 78323 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by disaacks3 View Post
He also suggested before the preseason games that the Texans could win 9 to 10 games this year. (though he has tempered that some with discussions of the injuries). He was one of the people who believed that DC was a huge boat anchor on the offense and that better quarterback play would mean more wins.

I don't agree with everything he writes, but I can't think of anyone I ever agree completely with. Even myself sometimes.
Old 10-09-2007   #300
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3659 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

I agree. It's Green's fault he is a concussion magnet. He tries to play chicken and then realizes its about to get ugly and then puts his body in a bad position (see Sunday's play or last years Week 1 slide and tuck)

TJ should have showed more class but I am sure he is sick of all the coddling that goes on for QBs while the QBs seem to be immune to the same rules of sportsmanship.

Green used a cheap block (though legal) on a player that was unaware of his presence and was blindsided. I know TJ said it first, but **** Trent Green.

this is NFL Football not Romper Room

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read