Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-08-2007   #261
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 22258 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon
Default Re: Travis Johnson and Trent Green

Quote:
Trent, you are such a little *****. You pulled this same ****ing stunt in Week One last year, when Geathers laid your loafer-loving ass out on the lawn
loafer loving.
Old 10-08-2007   #262
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

From Peter King's MMQB

Quote:
Green's concussion, the hit that caused it, and the issue of legal crackback blocks are going to be the lingering stories from Week 5. You probably saw the Green hit, over and over again in the Miami-Houston highlights. With rookie wideout Ted Ginn Jr. running back across the field trying to pick up blockers, Green dove at the legs of Houston defensive tackle Travis Johnson, who was in hot pursuit of Ginn. Green got the job done -- legally, I might add -- by knocking Johnson head over heels. But diving at Johnson's legs, Green had Johnson's right knee smash into the side of his helmet, and Green was knocked cold. Green weighs 217 pounds. Johnson is a 315-pound man.
Quote:
King to Green, 5:14 p.m.: "peter king here. just texting to wish you well and to say hope you come out of this okay.''

Green to King, 9:06 p.m.: "Will b ok. Not like lst yr. TG.''

King to Green: 9:08 p.m.: "hey -- how about johnson calling your block a malicious hit? feel better. peter.''

(And this is the one I found interesting.)

Green to King, 9:12 p.m.: "He outweighs me by over 100 lbs. Where shld I blk him? TG.''
Quote:
Goat of the Week

Houston DT Travis Johnson. I don't care how angry you are. Green's block on Johnson was a legal play, according to the NFL rule book, and for Johnson to first taunt an unconscious man and then continue the tirade after the game ... that is low.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...b.week5/1.html
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007   #263
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 22258 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected

peter king sides with the man with that titanic melon, Keith Olbermann
Old 10-08-2007   #264
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: tj

Quote:
Originally Posted by kastofsna View Post
he should've used it for motivation in the rest of the game, where he looked like crap. also, the Dolphins used it as motivation for sure, which is why Johnson was seen limping later in the game. and good riddance, hope he never plays again. would be an upgrade for the Texans, anyway.
Seriously what is wrong with you? I thought you had some level of football IQ but I have been wrong before.

The first 10 pages of this is a joke, people overreacting and went off halfassed and started ranting and raving and thinking TJ should be drawn and quartered. Which is kinda funny because isn't that what TJ did during the game and immediately following the game. TJ reacted in the heat of the moment on the field drawing the 15 yard penalty. After the game when adrrinolin is still at a high level TJ was asked some question and he made some really stupid comments but let me slap anyone of you and then have a reporter come up to and ask you about and see what kind of dumbass things you will say?

The hit no matter if it is legal or not is a chicken s**t move. It could have put TJ out and no one in the media would have said a thing about it. Peter King, Olberman and countless of other panzys who have never done any sports in their life are so full of crap that they expect a player not to react? Protect the QB and to heck with the lineman and his career.
Old 10-08-2007   #265
real

Hitting a guy lin his knees when he isn't looking is pretty low.
Old 10-08-2007   #266
Chance_C
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4104 Chance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
here's how i would've written it, to make it seem as unbiased and accurate as possible:

The Dolphins had the ball at the Texans 25 on Sunday when Green gave the ball to Ted Ginn Jr. The rookie fumbled, then picked the ball up and reversed field as the defense chased him.

Texans defensive tackle Travis Johnson hates Trent Green and wanted to hurt him.

Johnson apologized to Houston coach Gary Kubiak during the game for the penalty. But Johnson was furious later, accusing Green of blocking him at the knees on purpose. This is because Johnson hates Green.
Stay your ass off of our boards then. And seriously, I hope that Trent Green is ok. TJ was wrong in his actions, and I wish it would not have happened. Maybe now we are not your 2nd favorite team, and we won't have to read any more of your BS like this:

Quote:
he should've used it for motivation in the rest of the game, where he looked like crap. also, the Dolphins used it as motivation for sure, which is why Johnson was seen limping later in the game. and good riddance, hope he never plays again. would be an upgrade for the Texans, anyway.
TJ is still a Texan, and while I don't condone his actions (or Trent's for that matter), I'm not about to crucify him. He keeps acting like that (post game) and Kubiak will crucify him.
Old 10-08-2007   #267
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13071 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post
The blog Kissing Suzy Kolber has a decidedly contrarian point of view to this in the provocative way that KSK does stuff.

wow, I love this blog already!
Old 10-08-2007   #268
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 124145 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Where is the rep button for Suzy Kolber's blog? +1 in my book

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007   #269
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3659 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

Quote:
kastofna, please go to the Dolphins board and never come back here. Wishing injury upon someone is so freaking lame and is unacceptable.

you don't know anything about the draft, while you claim you do and then you don't know anything about football or ethics either based on your comment regarding TJ. go update your Miss Cleo avatar and just back away from texanstalk.com. your not welcome here anymore after your little commeent about wishing that TJ would have been injured.

Green is a dumbarse and its fault he got hurt. TJ didn't do anything wrong on the field and his only error was cursing in the locker room and not being more professional. Where are all the tears for the Texan who got crack back blocked? Where are all the tears for TJ who was sent tumbling in the air but isn't a wussy like Green, so he didn't get hurt. Green is just an old wuss who doesn't know when to fold 'em.

we don't need your type around here and you would be better served going to a dolphins board and staying away from ours. we don't need you, we don't want you, and for all I care you can jump in a lake.

Green is a pansy and he got what he deserved. I am glad he didn't get seriously injured but if he would have, IT WOULD HAVE BEEN HIS FAULT.

stop signing chinadoll concussion magnets as your starting QB and stop drafting special teamers in the early 1st Round when your QB situation is in complete shambles. Enjoy Cleo and enjoy 0-5. Sucks to be you.

Miami sucks and are now officially the Texans prison wife.

Last edited by Second Honeymoon; 10-08-2007 at 01:22 PM.
Second Honeymoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007   #270
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloy View Post
wow, I love this blog already!
it's a pretty good one.
Old 10-08-2007   #271
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3659 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
Seriously what is wrong with you? I thought you had some level of football IQ but I have been wrong before.

The first 10 pages of this is a joke, people overreacting and went off halfassed and started ranting and raving and thinking TJ should be drawn and quartered. Which is kinda funny because isn't that what TJ did during the game and immediately following the game. TJ reacted in the heat of the moment on the field drawing the 15 yard penalty. After the game when adrrinolin is still at a high level TJ was asked some question and he made some really stupid comments but let me slap anyone of you and then have a reporter come up to and ask you about and see what kind of dumbass things you will say?

The hit no matter if it is legal or not is a chicken s**t move. It could have put TJ out and no one in the media would have said a thing about it. Peter King, Olberman and countless of other panzys who have never done any sports in their life are so full of crap that they expect a player not to react? Protect the QB and to heck with the lineman and his career.
I couldn't agree more Spec. Peter King is one of my favorite NFL 'insiders' but he was way off base on this. Maybe it was due to the fact that he has Green's text address for instant messaging....TJ didn't do a damn thing wrong on the field (including chastising Green for blocking him so low while blindsided).

TJ's problems started in the locker room when he started to defend his actions. His best move would have been to say nothing and defend nothing. something like 'I was out there making plays and some guy tried to take out my knees from the blindside and the guy got hurt. Coaches teach players to not go low in order to protect everyone. I hope he is doing OK but this is a violent sport and this stuff happens. It just becomes more magnified when it happens to a Quarterback. This is how I make a living and I am glad it didn't happen to me too. That is all I have to say about that play.'
Old 10-08-2007   #272
real

Lets say your child called you and was in trouble or immediately needed your help...like pronto...

You get in your car and begin speeding to their aid....

A cop pulls you over......You explain to him why you are speeding and ask to be let off with a warning so that you may attend to your ailing child...

He says no, states he could care less and he gives you a ticket anyways, further delaying you.

Totally legal, and understandable on the cops part...Totally understandable why you'd be upset....

Now lets say after writing the ticket the cop is walking back to his car and he trips over a rock and takes a nasty spill....He falls with his face in the mud...Legs fly in the air and it looks like a cartoon scene...

I don't know about you, but my original reaction is going to be to laugh....I'd be so ticked that he just gave me that ticket that my initial reaction probably wouldn't be to see if he was o.k...If he laid there motionless for a second, then that's when I'd probably realize what happened and see if I could help..

If I found out all he got was a bump on the head and he'll be alright, I'd probably say something along the same lines as T.J...Something like: "That ****, I had an emergency to tend to involving my child and that piece of ***** officer wouldn't let me go"

I can totally understand where he is coming from....He's human....Maybe I'm a monster too, but oh well....so goes life...
Old 10-08-2007   #273
utahmark
markbeth

Rep Power: 8734 utahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respected

what you guys dont seem to understand is that questionable hits happen every week in football. and most of the times its the qb who is getting speared by an agressive guy who sticks his head a little low, or getting late hit, or someone tackling the qb low. how many times do you think green has been cheap shoted. wr, rb, and qb's get taken out by legal and not so leagal blows every week. any one of those shots could end a mans career.

lineman hardly ever take shots like that and then when one does its the end of the world. green made an aggresive play that while looked pretty bad im sure he's had much worst done to him. but most football players know that when a guy is seriously injured its time for the trash talking to stop. tj doesnt seem to get it.

then after the game instead of being concerened about a guy who was taken to the hospital hes complaining about his knee hurting. what a wus, let him play qb and take some of the shots green has taken over the years. to me tj seems like the guy who if given the chance to play green again will do whatever he can to get a cheap shot on him. and the sad thing is some of you guys here will think thats o.k. too.
utahmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007   #274
real

Quote:
Originally Posted by markbeth View Post
You're wrong IMO.

QB's are protected. Overely protected.

You can't hit them low (Palmer rule), You can't hit them high, you better not hit them a second too late......and if they even look like they are going to slide or run out of bounds you better not touch them...

Did you know that it is legal for a D-lineman to get chopped in back of his legs at the line of scrimmage ?

The problem is that the block that Green threw shouldn't have been legal..The leauge needs to take a look at plays like that...and tweak the rules...There aren't enough rules protecting D-lineman...

Last edited by real; 10-08-2007 at 02:55 PM.
Old 10-08-2007   #275
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by markbeth View Post
what you guys dont seem to understand is that questionable hits happen every week in football. and most of the times its the qb who is getting speared by an agressive guy who sticks his head a little low, or getting late hit, or someone tackling the qb low. how many times do you think green has been cheap shoted. wr, rb, and qb's get taken out by legal and not so leagal blows every week. any one of those shots could end a mans career.

lineman hardly ever take shots like that and then when one does its the end of the world. green made an aggresive play that while looked pretty bad im sure he's had much worst done to him. but most football players know that when a guy is seriously injured its time for the trash talking to stop. tj doesnt seem to get it.

then after the game instead of being concerened about a guy who was taken to the hospital hes complaining about his knee hurting. what a wus, let him play qb and take some of the shots green has taken over the years. to me tj seems like the guy who if given the chance to play green again will do whatever he can to get a cheap shot on him. and the sad thing is some of you guys here will think thats o.k. too.
QBs are so damn coddled. Don't even try to say that Green is tougher than TJ or that playing QB makes you more vulnerable to cheap shots than an NFL DT. That is just crazy. If you even touch a QBs helmet its instant 15 yard penalty. Playing in the trenches requires toughness that is almost impossible to comprehend. Playing QB is probably the most dificult position to play for a variety of reasons but it doesnt require even a fraction of the toughness it takes to play DT. Not even a fraction.

TJ is a Texan. He wants to win and he wants to compete. He is A-OK in my book and I wish we had more guys who have showed the heart and competitive fire that TJ has shown.
Old 10-08-2007   #276
Brando
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1665 Brando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respected

Here is a gif that I made so people who have not seen it can get an idea of what happened.....

Extra Special Thanks to False Start for the signature!
Brando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007   #277
Brando
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1665 Brando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respected

Here it is a little slower.....

Extra Special Thanks to False Start for the signature!

Last edited by Brando; 10-08-2007 at 01:41 PM.
Brando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007   #278
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 27364 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected

There is a new throwdown debate going on over this subject. Go check it out and put a vote in if you would like.

http://www.fannation.com/throwdowns/show/64557
Tailgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007   #279
Ckw

I think some people also need to step out of their own shoes and imagine you just got chop blocked in the knees like that. Not to mention, you weigh 300 lbs. And your knee it hurts. Now comes the most important part I want you all to remember. The man has a freaking mental disorder. I don't recall what it is but I remember hearing he takes medication for bipolar disorder I believe. So all you wanting to wish injury upon a hurting man need to imagine they have a mental disorder. He reacted badly, but a person in that state many times cannot control themselves. He didn't pick him up and break him over his knee. He simply yelled at him and told him not to do that again. So all you who want to wish pain on Travis Johnson you can take it up with me! Leave Travis Johnson alone!!!!
Old 10-08-2007   #280
The Dream
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 The Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of Famer

I'm going to say it and probably catch some flack for this, but I like T.J.'s comments after the game...not in the sense that I thought he said was right (although he did have a right to be angry), but the fact that he absolutely showed no remorse is "kind of" what you want in a team that is a potential contender...
The Dream is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read