Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-07-2007   #221
Spled
All Pro

Rep Power: 51 Spled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: TJ Worst person in the NFL

If someone chopped my knee and sent me landing on my head, I'd get up yelling too. Kubiak needs to have Johnson's back.
Spled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007   #222
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Line_Producer View Post
Sorry, let me rephrase. Cut blocking by offensive linemen and blocking by a player from the blindside on a 'return' are two competely different things. Any team.
not if it's a QB, that's the way they're taught to do it, they always go low. no one ever gets injured in those situations, it's pretty rare, and hardly cheap.
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007   #223
Napa Auto Parts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 Napa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden cover

i missed the game did that trash get a flag/penalty for clipping.
Napa Auto Parts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007   #224
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: tj

Quote:
Originally Posted by threetoedpete View Post
OK you guys who know nothing about football...I understand. I'm not going to go off. However, you got the trail defensive tackle doing what he is supposed to do, trail a revese and shut down the come back. The opposition QB tries to break the mans knees. Just to put a fine point on it, he lead his helmit into T.J. knees and it was shear luck that his cleats were not planted into the turff. Becuase if they were, Trent Green would of ended T.J.'s career. His knees are his livey hood. The way in which he delivered his displeasure might of been wrong. The message was not. Kuvbiak is dead wrong on this one. His temper and not his mind thought this one out. What he just told his locker room is I do not have your back. What he told every free agent who might think to come here in '08, I will not have your back. And what he told every psycho in the league is, you have my unmitagated permision to cheap shot my players. Not only will I not complain to the league, I will stand the guy up in front of the media and humiliate him. Mark it on your calenders. Gary Kubuiak lost this locker room Oct. the 11th 2007.
Is your calendar broken...today is the 7th.
Old 10-07-2007   #225
Line_Producer
Party Rocker

Rep Power: 121 Line_Producer is a quality contributor and well respectedLine_Producer is a quality contributor and well respectedLine_Producer is a quality contributor and well respectedLine_Producer is a quality contributor and well respectedLine_Producer is a quality contributor and well respectedLine_Producer is a quality contributor and well respectedLine_Producer is a quality contributor and well respectedLine_Producer is a quality contributor and well respectedLine_Producer is a quality contributor and well respectedLine_Producer is a quality contributor and well respectedLine_Producer is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kastofsna View Post
not if it's a QB, that's the way they're taught to do it, they always go low. no one ever gets injured in those situations, it's pretty rare, and hardly cheap.
Well obviously someone got injured. I hate to see anyone injured, let alone a QB. Rare or not, it happened, unintentially<sp>, but it happened.
Line_Producer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007   #226
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 63721 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napa Auto Parts View Post
i missed the game did that trash get a flag/penalty for clipping.
There was no clipping by the play. Clipping is when one blocks from behind. What happened was that Green issued an extremely low cut/chop block on Johnson. The legality of the play is in question. Was it a legal block or an illegal block, that's still up in the air with us. Some think it was illegal (myself included) Others think it was legal.

What's NOT being disputed is that regardless of the legality of the block, it was a cheap block.

And to answer your question, no penalty was given out on Trent Green. The only flag was the one against Travis Johnson for 'taunting' which is also being questioned. Was he taunting or jawing? That's also a matter of opinion.
Old 10-07-2007   #227
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3659 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
Not really but that seems to be the consensus among people who didn't see what happened. Those people are commenting left and right about this and writing articles even as we speak. By mid-day Monday the UN will probably vote for sanctions against TJ.

For the record...

I don't believe that Green was trying to take out TJ's knee.
I don't believe that Green is much of a tackler to be honest.
I don't believe that TJ was trying to take out Green by kneeing him in the head.
I don't believe TJ even saw him until he felt the contact.
TJ didn't stand over a motionless, helpless Green and taunt him. TJ fired off a few choice words at the guy who he thought (mistakenly IMO) tried to block him low. When he saw that Green wasn't moving he dropped it and moved away.

Much of this is nothing more than misunderstanding and people judging it by what they heard or read. TJ isn't Albert Haynesworth. He didn't jump on somebodies head.

that is my take exactly. green bit off more than he could chew and realized it too late then turned his body right into TJ's knee. TJ knew that Green took a shot but didn't think it was as bad as it looked in slo-mo (which was pretty damn bad). At the end of the day its Green's fault. No one boohooed for TJ or the other texan that got blindsided during that play.

I hope Green is ok and I hope that TJ uses this as motivation....maybe even more of an edge. He has played some good football for us this year and didn't do anything that bad on the field today.
Old 10-07-2007   #228
Spled
All Pro

Rep Power: 51 Spled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respected

If Johnson had taken his helmet to Green's knee and somersaulted him on his head, the announcers would have been all over him.
Spled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007   #229
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Pretty sure Michael Vick and OJ Simpson would have something to say about who gets awarded "Worst Person in the NFL."

LOL.

People are all kinds of fired-up over this.

Seriously.....it was unfortunate for both players--One guy went low and attempted to take his knees out, the other guy got angry about the attempt.

You guys are too funny.
Old 10-07-2007   #230
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3659 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spled View Post
If Johnson had taken his helmet to Green's knee and somersaulted him on his head, the announcers would have been all over him.
yup. TJ didn't show class by taunting a listless player and his comments after the game were pretty immature but what all started this was Green's cheap block. It's Green's fault not TJ's that this all happened. The football gods sided with us helping that 57 yarder go through the uprights.

football is a violent game and if its to hot then get out of the kitchen. this ain't golf or tennis.
Old 10-07-2007   #231
Htownsportsfan
All Pro

Rep Power: 128 Htownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by threetoedpete View Post
OK you guys who know nothing about football...I understand. I'm not going to go off. However, you got the trail defensive tackle doing what he is supposed to do, trail a revese and shut down the come back. The opposition QB tries to break the mans knees. Just to put a fine point on it, he lead his helmit into T.J. knees and it was shear luck that his cleats were not planted into the turff. Becuase if they were, Trent Green would of ended T.J.'s career. His knees are his livey hood. The way in which he delivered his displeasure might of been wrong. The message was not. Kuvbiak is dead wrong on this one. His temper and not his mind thought this one out. What he just told his locker room is I do not have your back. What he told every free agent who might think to come here in '08, I will not have your back. And what he told every psycho in the league is, you have my unmitagated permision to cheap shot my players. Not only will I not complain to the league, I will stand the guy up in front of the media and humiliate him. Mark it on your calenders. Gary Kubuiak lost this locker room Oct. the 11th 2007.

Too funny! Mark it on your calenders! Lost locker room! What a tool!

Support our troops
Htownsportsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007   #232
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Second Honeymoon View Post
I hope Green is ok and I hope that TJ uses this as motivation....maybe even more of an edge. He has played some good football for us this year and didn't do anything that bad on the field today.
he should've used it for motivation in the rest of the game, where he looked like crap. also, the Dolphins used it as motivation for sure, which is why Johnson was seen limping later in the game. and good riddance, hope he never plays again. would be an upgrade for the Texans, anyway.
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007   #233
AnthonyE 
Lurker

Section: 118 Row B
Rep Power: 2030 AnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to AnthonyE

Quote:
QBs have no business blocking a 305 lb defensive tackle, let alone a 37 year old QB trying to block a 305 lb DT.

If he was going to block someone, make it a DB.
Old 10-08-2007   #234
Texanmike02
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 84321 Texanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I'm not going to sit here and call TJ or TG dirty. I'm just going to say this. It was a hard play. But it could have resulted in serious injury to TJ. TG's was just bad luck. Its unfortunate that he was hurt but he could have ended TJ's career just as easily. TJ had a right to be mad. He didn't know the situation. He didn't know the injury. Look back about a min after the play. At least on the Sunday ticket broadcast... TJ looked shaken up. I don't expect a QB to know how to block, so I won't call it cheap. But if it was a RB or a WR or TE I'd be calling it cheap. Very dangerous. If TJ had all of his weight on that leg when he got hit it very easily could have shredded.

Mike

Sig by False Start - Thanks man

Govern my country, NOT MY LIFE!
Texanmike02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007   #235
Leahmic223
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 22 Leahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of Famer

I promise you had Green got right back up he would be in the wrong for this and the National media would ignore it completely.

But forget it, its behind me now. Travis should let it go too, we have a big game next week against the Jags.
Leahmic223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007   #236
Koolaid Time
Drink Up!

Rep Power: 1346 Koolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respected

I think the on-field incident was a regrettable accident.

What I DO have a big problem with is TJ’s post game locker room interview. I watched it on the NFLN and you can hear teammates telling him to “cool down” etc. while TJ just let it rip about Green going for his knees, etc. and ‘if someone does that to me I’ do this... (bleep)’…..

It was embarrassing. Apparently someone told the coaches because 20 minutes later he came back and apologized.
Koolaid Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007   #237
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 143118 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Just watching Mike & Mike In The Morning and Golic totally defended TJ's position. I couldn't believe my eyes. Then Greeny The Weenie went after TJ for screwing up the Wizard Of Oz reference..lol.

I don't blame TJ either. I give Trent Grenn props for having such a pair for attempting that block. Glad to see Trent doing OK and TJ still walking.
Showtime100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007   #238
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 122497 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Bocking below the waist, i.e. the knees, is allowed neat the LOS.

In the open field, i.e. on 20 yard loss, it is not allowed.

As taken from NFL.com; link

Quote:
#3 Close Line Play: The area between the positions normally occupied by the offensive tackles, extending three yards on each side of the line of scrimmage. It is legal to clip above the knee.

#4 Crackback: Eligible receivers who take or move to a position more than two yards outside the tackle may not block an opponent below the waist if they then move back inside to block.

/Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007   #239
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

i was just thinking tj's going to be vilified nationally by MMQB fatso peter king- him and green are bum-chums so watch for him to dog tj totally
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007   #240
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 10704 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bomb View Post
It sure is funny we ask these guys to get jacked up before a game and go out with a certain "take their head off" mentality, but if they actually lose their cool in a already emotional game to begin with...........they are supposed to not have human responses.
Hehe, were thinking the same thing. It would be nice if we fans could get a concensus on whether or not we want our players to get hyped, jacked up, angry, emotional or whatever before a game. We can scratch Mario's car to make him pissed off, but getting pissed off in a game is a big no-no?

We need concensus, I'm getting so confused here

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read