Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-08-2007   #21
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Could I get a running back, please?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
Morency has the ability to make people miss...he has some wiggle. Let's just face it...it was a miserable trade. The good news is that we'll live.
At the bar tonight I said Dayne is auditioning for Dancing with the Stars for the musically challenged.
Old 10-08-2007   #22
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 10235 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Just an observation. The times that Dayne actually gets some yardage is when he's not waiting for the blocks. Whenever he waits, call it hesitate if you want, he is too slow to get going and ends up being tackled at the line.

Waiting for blocks and holes are fine for smaller, faster and swiftier (?) backs, but With the Dayne-Train, he needs to get to full power asap and keep going.

Dayne might not be the perfect back, but I believe that if he's utilized in a way that compliments his upsides, he'll be producing much more for us.
Old 10-08-2007   #23
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 112924 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Unfortunately we have a one cut and go system. Our current RB's seem unable to neither make the one cut nor get the go part down. Green did seem to be doing well though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007   #24
Texans Horror
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 25 Texans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of Famer

The team is based on the run game and Green's prowess in the cut-and-go system. Without him in the backfield, the Texans are going to have a very long season.
Texans Horror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007   #25
real

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner View Post
Both.
It was more Carr than Line.
Old 10-08-2007   #26
real

Our RB's are awful...

I'd rather have Lundy and Morency than Dayne and Gado...

Dayne and Gado's biggest problem is their lack of vision...
Old 10-08-2007   #27
The1ApplePie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 89251 The1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respected

Blame Kubes for spending a ton of money on an injury prone and washed up Green and using more to sign the king of Busts and Buffets Dayne.

If Green was still a dominate player, I would think the Pack would actually try to resign him instead of relying on Morency and two rookies.

Duckett, Jamal Lewis, and Bennett were all FAs this year.
The1ApplePie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-08-2007   #28
TexanAddict
Texan 'til I Die

Rep Power: 77 TexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respected

Here are my thoughts on Ron Dayne:

He shows no urgencey or burst when taking the handoff and going to the hole. He plods forward and leans on his blockers until he falls over, for a minimal gain if he's lucky. His legs never seem to be churning and he doesn't look to slip off blockers to the holes they are creating. On the rare chance Dayne finds himself with a little room to run, it appears as though he looks for the first Texan blocking in front of him and plows straight into their back, and then falls over. Don't get me wrong, the OL could do a better jog of opening some lanes, but they will never stay open long enough for Dayne to walk through them.
TexanAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007   #29
TexanAddict
Texan 'til I Die

Rep Power: 77 TexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respected

Seriously, I hope Dayne provides his blockers with ice packs and bengay because their backs have got to be bruised and sore after having him plow straight into them game after game.
TexanAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007   #30
Battle Red Flash
Veteran

Rep Power: 25 Battle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performer

I agree Texans need a better backup RB, but.....

In three games with Flanagan at center, we can't run the ball.
It may be time to tweak the O-line. Chris White?
Old 10-08-2007   #31
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 25614 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by real View Post
It was more Carr than Line.
But still both, as I said.

Unless you just want to argue because my "both" didn't assign percentage blame. If so, consider this reply not posted.
Old 10-10-2007   #32
the wonger need food
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1340 the wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The1ApplePie View Post
Blame Kubes for spending a ton of money on an injury prone and washed up Green and using more to sign the king of Busts and Buffets Dayne.

If Green was still a dominate player, I would think the Pack would actually try to resign him instead of relying on Morency and two rookies.

Green was one of the best FA RB's on the market. Duckett has 4 yards for the season. Lewis is hurt again. And Bennett has a whole 49 yards this season. But keep whining about Reggie Bust since that's all you do.
the wonger need food is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007   #33
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Do you actually follow the NFL and look at what is going on?

Jamal Lewis just spent time in Jail, do you really think McNair would even consider bringing him in? Duckett sucked at Atlanta, he sucked at Washington, and he is sucking he more at Carolina. Oh and Bennett was signed by NO in 2006 and was traded to KC. Why was he available to sign with NO? Oh yeah because of injuries. Seriously, stop throwing crap on the was and seeing if it sticks.
Old 10-10-2007   #34
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 182645 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Could I get a running back, please?......................Oh yeh....hold it..........hold on.......hold on while I pull one out of my *ss............dang, that's no running back...........sorry, my mistake..........
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007   #35
Nighthawk
All Pro

Default Am I nuts? Is Wali Lundy just sitting out there?

I mean, I'm not a big fan, but he's the kind of runner we need, esp now. ANd even if Green comes back, what do you think the chances of him staying healthy might be?

Pick up Lundy now (unless you've got a line on somebody quicker, faster, stronger).
Nighthawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007   #36
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 153429 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Am I nuts? Is Wali Lundy just sitting out there?

looks to me they picked up a back from the FA scrap heap....any team can have Lundy and it doesn't look like there is a mad rush.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007   #37
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 217185 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Am I nuts? Is Wali Lundy just sitting out there?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nighthawk View Post
Pick up Lundy now (unless you've got a line on somebody quicker, faster, stronger).
If Lundy was all that, he would have been picked up by the Buccs.

Maybe we bring him back, maybe we don't. But Kubes & Co saw more in Training Camp from the guys we've got than from the guys we don't got. So, I think they're going to stick with them unless they can find someone better out there.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007   #38
The1ApplePie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 89251 The1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
Do you actually follow the NFL and look at what is going on?

Jamal Lewis just spent time in Jail, do you really think McNair would even consider bringing him in? Duckett sucked at Atlanta, he sucked at Washington, and he is sucking he more at Carolina. Oh and Bennett was signed by NO in 2006 and was traded to KC. Why was he available to sign with NO? Oh yeah because of injuries. Seriously, stop throwing crap on the was and seeing if it sticks.
I saw giving a ton of money and a mutli year deal to a guy that is a shadow of his former self. Lewis, Duckett, and Bennett all got one year deals, and Lewis is tearing it up.

What are the odds of Green even being on the roster next year? At the very best, he will be backing up the RB we draft in the 1st next year.
The1ApplePie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007   #39
hadaad
All Pro

Rep Power: 395 hadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
Could I get a running back, please?......................Oh yeh....hold it..........hold on.......hold on while I pull one out of my *ss............dang, that's no running back...........sorry, my mistake..........
Still has better vision than Dayne, though.
Old 10-10-2007   #40
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 217185 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I saw giving a ton of money and a mutli year deal to a guy that is a shadow of his former self. Lewis, Duckett, and Bennett all got one year deals, and Lewis is tearing it up.

What are the odds of Green even being on the roster next year? At the very best, he will be backing up the RB we draft in the 1st next year.
Lewis had a big game against the Bengals and hasn't done much else. I think he's injured now. He's got 77 rushes for 382 yards and a 5.0 ypc average, but remove the Bengal game and he's left with 50 rushes for 166 yards and a 3.3 ypc. That's basically 12.5 carries and 41 yards per game. Not what I consider tearing it up.

Duckett has 3 rushes for 4 yards and Bennett has 18 rushes for 49 yards.

Granted, Green has played 2 partial games and then been pulled when the game was in the freezer and been out for 3 others (I consider leaving in the first series of the Colts game missing the entire game). Except for the Colts game, he's looked pretty good. His deal isn't as huge as you make it sound. At least he's making less than Mike Flanagan this year.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read