Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-07-2007   #21
Andrew6
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4662 Andrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Post Game Thoughts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjmac2 View Post
A few things...

1. Running game has got to get better, Green or no Green.

2. Playcalling in the red zone still questionable, if not downright bad.

3. I think Bennett has earned more playing time, if not a start.

4. Travis Johnson is not a bad guy. He got caught up in the moment, and was mad about the block to the knees. I'm sure he feels bad about his actions knowing Trent Green suffered a concussion.

5. Schaub showed me a lot today.

6. The way the Texans played, they were lucky the Dolphins were in town.

1. Totally agree.

2. Why not give a shuffle pass on 3rd and 16 lol,

3. Faggins played way better than Bennett today. I was shocked to see it being him making the plays.

4. I kinda thought the same thing or that he may have been pointing at him as being the one that chop blocked him.

5. Schaub shows something every game it seems.

6. Coulda been ATL
Old 10-07-2007   #22
Leahmic223
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 22 Leahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew6 View Post
1. Totally agree.

2. Why not give a shuffle pass on 3rd and 16 lol,

3. Faggins played way better than Bennett today. I was shocked to see it being him making the plays.

4. I kinda thought the same thing or that he may have been pointing at him as being the one that chop blocked him.

5. Schaub shows something every game it seems.

6. Coulda been ATL

Although Faggins did not play bad today, you could argue who played better...Bennet should get his chance. He ALMOST(I use that word carefully as I hate to use it) picked it off once and I don't remember many WRs catching on him today.

Faggins redeemed himself a bit today but I think Bennet hsould get more PT because he was balling today, he wasn't a liability out there and proved IMO that he's ready to get more snaps.
Leahmic223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007   #23
Brando
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1665 Brando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BattleRedToro View Post
Considering he has an image of VY's head in his avatar he might be more of a VY fan than a Texans fan. There are quite a few of them on here.

Well that GIF shows how VY throws like Uncle Rico.

Extra Special Thanks to False Start for the signature!
Brando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007   #24
Leahmic223
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 22 Leahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Runningback View Post
Right, so I guess the Texans should be on the front pages of ESPN, Sports Illustrated, and any other sports publication.

A torrential shower of praise should rain down from sportswriters far and wide, because at long last, the Texans are 3-2!
LOL nothing is wrong with us being 3-2...dude its a start.

While we are 3-2 there's teams that are 0-5 and 1-4. Whose to say we don't go on a 3-4 game winning streak when Andre and Green comes back? I'll gladly take 3-2. I think the Chargers would rather be 3-2, the Bears, and other teams would rather be 3-2.

Yes we blew a good win last sunday, but that's in the past now. We've won 3 and lost 2 and we need to move on from there.
Leahmic223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007   #25
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 279523 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Right, so I guess the Texans should be on the front pages of ESPN, Sports Illustrated, and any other sports publication.

A torrential shower of praise should rain down from sportswriters far and wide, because at long last, the Texans are 3-2!
You'd prefer 2-3?
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007   #26
feebleminded

Rep Power: 9068 feebleminded is a quality contributor and well respectedfeebleminded is a quality contributor and well respectedfeebleminded is a quality contributor and well respectedfeebleminded is a quality contributor and well respectedfeebleminded is a quality contributor and well respectedfeebleminded is a quality contributor and well respectedfeebleminded is a quality contributor and well respectedfeebleminded is a quality contributor and well respectedfeebleminded is a quality contributor and well respectedfeebleminded is a quality contributor and well respectedfeebleminded is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leahmic223 View Post
Although Faggins did not play bad today, you could argue who played better...Bennet should get his chance. He ALMOST(I use that word carefully as I hate to use it) picked it off once and I don't remember many WRs catching on him today.

Faggins redeemed himself a bit today but I think Bennet hsould get more PT because he was balling today, he wasn't a liability out there and proved IMO that he's ready to get more snaps.
1-10-MIA 36 (11:45) 17-C.Lemon pass deep right to 19-T.Ginn pushed ob at HOU 28 for 36 yards (34-V.Hutchins).

Bennet blew the coverage on this play (i think this was the correct play). He wasn't within 20 yards of the play. He also got beat but made a great play tipping the ball. The coaches didn't totally expose him, he had help over the top on almost every play I noticed. That is completely different than the way they were playing Faggins early in the year. Faggins has been asked to play on an island a lot this year when he has been in there.

He definitely played like a rookie today, but that is what you expect until he gets more pt.
feebleminded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007   #27
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

My thoughts:

1. Our running game sucks without Ahman Green. It's like a rehash of last year when we had Wali Lundy as our starter. Sometimes Dayne plays like a sissy in a big man's body.

2. Our pass coverage was better. Faggins didn't have a terrible game and he almost had an interception which he might have been able to return for a TD. Of course, Cleo Lemon isn't very good so that may have a little to do with it.

3. Andre Davis is going to be our #2 WR when AJ gets back. He's played very well. Kevin Walter has also played well the last two weeks. Our passing game is pretty good as it is with two of our biggest weapons gone (AJ and Green who is very good at catching passes out of the backfield). I can't wait to see what it's like when they get back.

4. My adopted Texan is awesome. He still needs his first TD catch though!

4. Kris Brown better be special teams player of the week.

Thanks to Premier

Last edited by TexanSam; 10-07-2007 at 05:55 PM.
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-07-2007   #28
jaybird
Veteran

Quote:

Well if you stop being a smart ass for a second you'd know that more national sports casters have been saying some pretty good things about the Texans... even after this ugly win...
Old 10-07-2007   #29
rickyb
Scarlet is hot.

Rep Power: 211 rickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respected

Things that went well
Attitude. There was not any “quit” in the team.
Special teams. Wynn was great returning kickoffs. Kris Brown continues to impress. The man has ice water in his veins.
Play calling. First things first: we took it straight to the rookie CB Worrell.

Things that did not go well.
Penalties. The holding penalties were especially frustrating. I expected them to occur on Salaam, as he fought JT, but strangely, 2 of the holding calls were on Pitts. Holding kills drives. It is probably no coincidence that the Texans only finished 1 drive (ie., TD). This simply cannot abide.
Run defense. I have not reviewed the tape, but I seem to recall a couple of situations where folks were standing flat-footed as they assumed Ronnie B was going to be tackled, and lo and behold, Ronnie breaks free for 20. I saw exceptional effort on every play from 4 players: Mario, Ryans, Hutchins, and Okoye. If the ball carrier is not gnawing on turf, then stick your hat on the ball and wrap up. Dammit.

That’s all I really have time for. Gotta go tend to the family.
rickyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007   #30
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickyb View Post
Things that went well
Attitude. There was not any “quit” in the team.
Special teams. Wynn was great returning kickoffs. Kris Brown continues to impress. The man has ice water in his veins.
Play calling. First things first: we took it straight to the rookie CB Worrell.
I liked the way Wynn returned kicks too. He got us good field position. I just can't see him returning a kick all the way though. I don't know if he has the speed or quickness to return one for a TD. That's just my opinion though. He is very good at getting us to about the 30-35 yard line and putting the offense in a nice position to start off a series.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007   #31
MEGA SWATT
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24061 MEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leahmic223 View Post
LOL nothing is wrong with us being 3-2...dude its a start.

While we are 3-2 there's teams that are 0-5 and 1-4. Whose to say we don't go on a 3-4 game winning streak when Andre and Green comes back? I'll gladly take 3-2. I think the Chargers would rather be 3-2, the Bears, and other teams would rather be 3-2.

Yes we blew a good win last sunday, but that's in the past now. We've won 3 and lost 2 and we need to move on from there.
Plus mother-freaking one.

+1
MEGA SWATT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007   #32
White Runningback
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaybird View Post
Well if you stop being a smart ass for a second you'd know that more national sports casters have been saying some pretty good things about the Texans... even after this ugly win...
That's right genius. But that's what I'm getting at--there are too many dolts who continue to rant and rave about why we don't get more pub.
White Runningback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007   #33
White Runningback
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by M Shadows View Post
Well that GIF shows how VY throws like Uncle Rico.

Judging a book by its cover... My avatar certainly is indicative of what I'm about. Nevermind the season tickets, I attend virtually every tailgate, etc....

My next favorite ***** is idiots who think that any disparaging word said about the Texans makes you less of a fan.
Old 10-07-2007   #34
Brando
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1665 Brando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Judging a book by its cover... My avatar certainly is indicative of what I'm about. Nevermind the season tickets, I attend virtually every tailgate, etc....

My next favorite ***** is idiots who think that any disparaging word said about the Texans makes you less of a fan.
All I was saying is that was taken from the GIF.....

Nice language, why hostile after a Win, guy?

Extra Special Thanks to False Start for the signature!
Brando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007   #35
White Runningback
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by M Shadows View Post
All I was saying is that was taken from the GIF.....

Nice language, why hostile after a Win, guy?

You're right. I shouldn't have to explain an avatar and you shouldn't be compelled to attempt to incriminate someone by virtue of it.
Old 10-07-2007   #36
wwffan99tx
Veteran

Rep Power: 10 wwffan99tx is on the Pro-Bowl ballotwwffan99tx is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

1. We need a LT. Salaam was severly overmatched today and looked like a slow old man. Can Studdard play LG and Pitts LT?

2. Without McKinney our running game sucks. Try Chris White at Center. Can't do worse than Flanagan

3. We need a new DC. Too much talent in the Texans front 7 to play like they are. Promote Frank Bush to the DC position and make Richard Smith a position coach

Last edited by wwffan99tx; 10-07-2007 at 09:46 PM.
wwffan99tx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007   #37
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickyb View Post
I saw exceptional effort on every play from 4 players: Mario, Ryans, Hutchins, and Okoye. .
dunta?CC? among others
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read