Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-08-2007   #41
DBCooper 
Outlaw

Rep Power: 130706 DBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Schaub showed Guts!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
This brings up an interesting question. The way Davis has stepped up, how does he not get to be the #2 WR when A.J. returns??
I like how Davis is playing, but I think Walter is the better overall wide receiver besides AJ that we have. He runs good routes, he gets open, has good hands, and is not scared to go across the middle.

It's good to see the wideouts step it up.
Old 10-08-2007   #42
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 22258 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by rollinstone18 View Post
It's nice to have a QB who can keep his composure. Schaub's definitely a gamer.
and it's great to see it in his first year as a starter.
Old 10-08-2007   #43
Exithios
Veteran

Rep Power: 10 Exithios was voted MVPExithios was voted MVPExithios was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerfuldragon View Post
and it's great to see it in his first year as a starter.
I am definately high on Schaub. He does not seem to fear the rush and has the pocket presence of a veteran starter. Schaub will make his mistakes but fortunately they have been minimal and typically faulted by more than one person on the offense, be it the wide out or line, when they do occur. The interception that occurred after Walter tipped the pass would likely have been caught or batted down if JJ or Davis were playing the #2.

Schaub is going to be a threat on every down after we get a couple of drafts and free agencies under our belt to give him some protection and a running game. Our defense has looked worse than it is the past couple of games due to our inability to maintain long, consistent drives keeping the defense off the field.

My $0.02
Exithios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007   #44
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

Schaub has done nothing but exceed my expectations. While iwas skeptical about treadingaway 2 #2 picks.... right now looking at what we could've run with and what Atlanta is doing. It's looking like a steal and once again Atlanta is out of a good QB.

With AJ and Green Back this team will look better but i beleive it'sstill a season away from really being something special. I'm quietly hoping Sherman is gone at the end of the year and Lil Shanahan gets elevated to OC or we pick up someone else. I'd like to see Chris White start to get some reps in, but what I'd really like is Studdard to get moved over. IMO he plays with that mean streak and strength you want from your C.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007   #45
Chance_C
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4104 Chance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
This was Schaub's worst game of the season by far, IMO. He lost another ball on a fumble, he threw an int that wasn't really his fault but it wasn't a good throw even before it was tipped, and he was overthrowing/underthrowing receivers on several occasions. On the bright side, even Schaub's worst performance is enough for this team to win which can't be said for a lot of qb's.
The interception was the result of a batted ball. Two things resulted in that batted ball. First the throw was high. Second the route was obviously a timing route that got out of time. Either Matt threw to early, or the receiver turned to late. All in all, it was a high throw that the receiver did not have time to adjust to. It was catchable. Now, about the receiver. I've seen two mentions that it was Walter. Is that right? I thought it was Putzier.
Old 10-08-2007   #46
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 354011 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance_C View Post
The interception was the result of a batted ball. Two things resulted in that batted ball. First the throw was high. Second the route was obviously a timing route that got out of time. Either Matt threw to early, or the receiver turned to late. All in all, it was a high throw that the receiver did not have time to adjust to. It was catchable. Now, about the receiver. I've seen two mentions that it was Walter. Is that right? I thought it was Putzier.
It was Putzier. Ball was a little high, but he didn't need to set it up for a volleyball spike. Billy Miller used to do that as well.
Old 10-08-2007   #47
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 22258 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

from kubiak's postgame comments:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kubiak (on Matt Schaub)
“Well first off, the kid is hurting this week, so we have to give him a lot of credit. He has one hell of a thigh bruise. He’s not moving like he normally does. That was his push-off leg. It was not his best outing, but what you also find out about him today is what he’s made of. That’s playing quarterback in the NFL. You go out there and you’re not up to par, and you still win games."
Old 10-08-2007   #48
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 279523 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance_C View Post
IF that was a timing route, then you can't say that the throw was high. If Matt was throwing to a spot, he might have thrown it to where Putz was supposed to be.

Either way, that ball hit him in the hands. He's got to make that catch.

And, yes, it was Putzier, not Walter.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007   #49
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 124742 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerfuldragon View Post
When I first read this I couldn't help but think it was BS. Now that I think about it I think of McNabb and his first couple of games this year. They were saying the same thing about his throws being high due to not having a solid plant leg to rely on.

I was quite giddy to see how Schaub and the offense looked on the last drive. It's definetely something that has been missing from the Texans since day 1.
Old 10-08-2007   #50
Texans Horror
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 26 Texans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of Famer

We will get to literally see his guts if he keeps taking blind-sided hits like he did against the Fins. The left side of the line needs to step up its play...
Texans Horror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007   #51
Old School
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 876 Old School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Old School Send a message via Skype™ to Old School

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBCooper View Post
I like how Davis is playing, but I think Walter is the better overall wide receiver besides AJ that we have. He runs good routes, he gets open, has good hands, and is not scared to go across the middle.

It's good to see the wideouts step it up.
Maybe Walters has better hands but Davis is getting treated like our #1 right now and he is doing what he is doing. Imagine what he can do when AJ comes back and he draws #2 coverage. He will force attention in his direction and take a lot of pressure off AJ. At this time, Davis demands more respect from defenses than Walters. That is what AJ and the offense needs most.
Old School is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read