Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-07-2007   #21
Tulip
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Tulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVP
Default Re: Schaub showed Guts!!!

It was about a 1 minute, 30 second drive.

I seriously had a Capers flashback for a minute. I wasn't sure if they were actually going to run a two-minute drill or if they were going to just run out the clock and wait for overtime. Lots of hesitation early in the drive.
Old 10-07-2007   #22
jaybird
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by IlliniJen View Post
AND, all this without a good running game and having several passes negated by stupid penalties. Let's not forget those damn penalties!
no kiddin!

I need to look and see how many more yards we would have had without the big time penalties... too many holding calls today!
Old 10-07-2007   #23
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissouriTexan View Post
How much time was on the clock in that last drive anyway?
1;49 i think
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007   #24
painekiller
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4466 painekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atl Cav View Post
20 out of 34 and 294 yards and he was off??? Well......
Yes he was. He was high he was low he was behind the receivers all day. Everyone who watched should have seen it, even before Gannon pointed it out.

I wonder if his hurt leg last week is more than we heard.
painekiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007   #25
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

(on the play of QB Matt Schaub) “Well first off, the kid is hurting this week, so we have to give him a lot of credit. He has one hell of a thigh bruise. He’s not moving like he normally does. That was his push-off leg. It was not his best outing, but what you also find out about him today is what he’s made of. That’s playing quarterback in the NFL. You go out there and you’re not up to par, and you still win games. I watched one do that in Denver for 16 years. That’s what you’ve got to be able to do. To have yourself backed up on your own three (yard line) at home, having to go down there to get points, and to have the poise and the throws that he made. They blitzed him on the last play, hit him right in the mouth, and he gets the ball to (WR) Kevin (Walter). He’ll be the first one to stand up here and tell you he’s not real proud of how he played, but I guarantee you we’re proud of how he finished. That’s what we have and we know we can count on him.”
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007   #26
the wonger need food
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1341 the wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by painekiller View Post
Yes he was. He was high he was low he was behind the receivers all day. Everyone who watched should have seen it, even before Gannon pointed it out.

I wonder if his hurt leg last week is more than we heard.

He was limping all day and obviously grimacing in pain on the sideline. Luckily he's a gamer... unlike our starting running back.
the wonger need food is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007   #27
mike moffat
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6673 mike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respected

I gotta say. I was a Carr supporter till the end. But, thank goodness we have Schaub. I have forgotten what's his name. Texans are on the right path.
Go Texans.
Old 10-07-2007   #28
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

It wasn't a smooth game, it wasn't a dominating win, but he got the job done. Things seemed a bit out of synch all day, but he just kept plugging and doing his best and it worked out.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007   #29
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 105876 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Reading through this thread, I saw Carr's name mentioned over ten times.

I wonder what that means?
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007   #30
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 354624 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
Reading through this thread, I saw Carr's name mentioned over ten times.

I wonder what that means?
That he was our old QB and it's impossible to talk about the history of the team wrt the QB position without talking about him?

The name Capers came up, too, and he's been gone even longer.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007   #31
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 173004 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
To be fair, David Carr got a lot of garbage-time stats.
That is my point exactly. Schaub gets his stats while the game is still being decided and bullets are still flying. Clown Golves got his well after the games were decided.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007   #32
Htownsportsfan
All Pro

Rep Power: 128 Htownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
AND, all this without a good running game and having several passes negated by stupid penalties. Let's not forget those damn penalties!
Amen brother! Schaub hit Andre Davis for two long passes that were brought back due to holding calls.

Support our troops
Htownsportsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007   #33
Exithios
Veteran

Rep Power: 10 Exithios was voted MVPExithios was voted MVPExithios was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox View Post
This was Schaub's worst game of the season by far, IMO. He lost another ball on a fumble, he threw an int that wasn't really his fault but it wasn't a good throw even before it was tipped, and he was overthrowing/underthrowing receivers on several occasions. On the bright side, even Schaub's worst performance is enough for this team to win which can't be said for a lot of qb's.
This is why I beleive that Andre Davis should be our #2 wide out over Kevin Walter. Many of you will argue that Walter is playing well, and I won't argue that, but Andre Davis would give us the best chance to win.

My $0.02
Exithios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007   #34
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 56302 GlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respected

Even though we were behind during the game, I never felt it was hopeless. As a matter of fact, I was fairly confident we would win. What a difference from previous years.
Old 10-08-2007   #35
Exithios
Veteran

Rep Power: 10 Exithios was voted MVPExithios was voted MVPExithios was voted MVP

I really enjoy Kub's allowing Schaub to throw the deep ball. That makes secondaries nervous and opens up the short yardage pass (and the run with anyone but Chris Farley as the running back). I am still curious to know what we will do with the #2 wr position when AJ comes back. My honest opinion is that Andre Davis has more speed and better cut moves than Walter which gives us a better chance to win. Walter just doesn't have the speed to beat secondaries in the post routes.

My $0.02
Exithios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007   #36
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 293364 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exithios View Post
I really enjoy Kub's allowing Schaub to throw the deep ball. That makes secondaries nervous and opens up the short yardage pass (and the run with anyone but Chris Farley as the running back). I am still curious to know what we will do with the #2 wr position when AJ comes back. My honest opinion is that Andre Davis has more speed and better cut moves than Walter which gives us a better chance to win. Walter just doesn't have the speed to beat secondaries in the post routes.

My $0.02
This brings up an interesting question. The way Davis has stepped up, how does he not get to be the #2 WR when A.J. returns??
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007   #37
utahmark
markbeth

Rep Power: 11734 utahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respected

just heard on the radio schaub had a deep thigh bruise. wouldnt even admit it untill someone said kubiak already mention it. he still wouldnt admit it bothered him. but kubes says he wasnt able to push off like he normally does.
utahmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007   #38
real

Look towards the thigh bruise on Schaubs push off leg for his early innaccuracies....

As the game went on his leg probably loosned up making it easier to throw...
Old 10-08-2007   #39
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32827 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

He looked sharp to me the last few drives. This guy impresses me every game!!
Old 10-08-2007   #40
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 318355 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Schaub is the real deal. I'm glad we have him. Now if we can just get a running back we'll be in great shape.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read