Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > The Blazing Arrow "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The Blazing Arrow "Rivalry Talk" Rival fans & lighthearted smack talk. Keep it light and leave the mean spirited stuff at home please.

Old 05-14-2008   #1241
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 87851 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Vince Young is the best QB in the NFL

Quote:
Originally Posted by KTOWN View Post
Merrill Hodge is a dick. I never understood his attacks on VY. I'm sure they will continue this fall.
Maybe b/c VY sucks?

Name me another 50% completion passer who throws 20+ INT's in a year that gets rainbows and sunshine thrown there way by sports casters.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008   #1242
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bah007 View Post
Vince helped him with that last year.
Exactly... Vince did nothing except help further Hodges' assessments on vincent.
Old 05-15-2008   #1243
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Rep Power: 258 Blazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Blazing Arrow

Blah blah blah ... we need to get this thread moving again if we are going to hit my 100 page mark at start of season. I know preseason will probably add another 15 pages and random babble will give us another 5 or so but that is no were near the mark.

Young wins games no question about it. Look at the Titans record!

RIP Steve ... you showed us what a warrior truly is.
Blazing Arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008   #1244
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

I condensed ALL of the right here for you: Flaming Sparrows Posts

Enjoy!!

You're Welcome.
Old 05-15-2008   #1245
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Rep Power: 258 Blazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Blazing Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
I condensed ALL of the right here for you: Flaming Sparrows Posts

Enjoy!!

You're Welcome.
Possibly you could not read them. Maybe take a page from Youngs book and go back to school?

RIP Steve ... you showed us what a warrior truly is.
Blazing Arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008   #1246
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazing Arrow View Post
Possibly you could not read them. Maybe take a page from Youngs book and go back to school?
I've had the displeasure of reading too many of them...

As far as going back to school, I certainly would't go back for under-water basket weaving. With that said, rest assured that I won't take any page from vincent to include but not limited to education, tattoo art work, or speech and communications.... That dog don't hunt.
Old 05-15-2008   #1247
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3659 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

I'm no VY hater at all, to the contrary, I like the guy, but he had a subpar sophomore season with the Titans. His ability to digest a playbook has always been a problem with him and as much as I like him going back to finish his degree, I think he probably needs to spend his energy comprehending the playbook and not trying to memorize the elements on the periodic table.

The problem with VY and thus the Titans, is that the management does not seem to be committed to winning a championship. They seem to be happy just printing money for Bud Adams' estate.

I am not deluded enough to say the Texans have done everything possible to bringing a championship to their fans, but I do think they are making far more effort and it shows on their talent on the roster, their salary cap number, and their facilities/operating protocols (charter flights, hotels, banquets, facilities, synergy in community, etc.) Every time I see that only Buffalo spends loss on players, I thank God that Bud is gone. I would love to have the name, the uniforms, and the history of the Oilers, but parting with those things were worth it if it meant getting rid of Bud once and for all.
Old 05-15-2008   #1248
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 114011 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Young's teamates have to throw him on their backs and carry him through games no question about it.
*fixed*

- Edmund Burke
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008   #1249
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 90089 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

What's the best thing Vince Young could do for his career right now?

If you guessed getting photographed drunk in a gay atlanta bar surrounded by shirtless men, you're right!

b0ng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008   #1250
GuerillaBlack
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33658 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
What's the best thing Vince Young could do for his career right now?

If you guessed getting photographed drunk in a gay atlanta bar surrounded by shirtless men, you're right!

I knew it! I always knew it!

Someone rep this man. I can't rep him because of "blah, blah, blah".

GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008   #1251
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 398918 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post

:elle: "not that there's anything wrong with it"

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack View Post

Repped accordingly.
Old 05-15-2008   #1252
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 90089 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't mind if this thread reaches a hundred pages now if the rest is filled with speculation on Vince Young's sexuality. Married or not!
b0ng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008   #1253
BattleRedToro
Thread Killer

Rep Power: 3990 BattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack View Post

I think that is Kasey Studdard on the left.
Old 05-15-2008   #1254
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 323680 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANRED View Post
Maybe b/c VY sucks?

Name me another 50% completion passer who throws 20+ INT's in a year that gets rainbows and sunshine thrown there way by sports casters.
What I find really funny, is that Vince will be the starting QB of the Tennessee Titans, to start OTAs, minicamp, training camp, opening day, the last game of the season, and every game in between, baring injury.

& Matt Lienart will be fighting for his job, and watching over his shoulder from now on.
Old 05-16-2008   #1255
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 87851 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
VY's books have pop up pictuers and block lettering so I fail to see where that helps Texan_Bill.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008   #1256
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Major Rep. to bOng and TEXANRED!!!
Old 05-16-2008   #1257
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 78323 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

The pictures of shirtless, tequila-drinking Vince Young were taken at an Austin bar. So I guess that is why he wanted to be away from Nashville and working with the new offensive coordinator.

Re-read the Whitlock article about the responsibilities that come with being an NFL quarterback. I thought the article was a little overblown in places, but he is right in saying that an NFL quarterback is held to a higher standard of conduct and responsibility than the rest of the team. Michael Vick is the extreme example of how an irresponsible QB can completely destroy an NFL franchise.

NFL QB can go to a bar.

He should probably not wander around without a shirt on, no matter how much he loves his tattoos.

He should definitely not drink tequila straight from the bottle.

He should probably understand the risks of such conduct after all the Leinart stuff.

Oh, and I wrote about it here: Vince Young: Shirtless, Patrón-Swilling at a Sausage Party? I really didn't want to write up this story, and offered it to the other writers, but nobody else could take it.

Look, as you know, I don't care for the Titans one lick. And as a UT fan, I really hate that Vince Young went to the Titans. But even if I didn't have those biases, if I were a Young/Titan fan I would be concerned about the lack of judgment that he is showing.
Old 05-16-2008   #1258
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Great read Steph (as usual), but I just couldn't bring myself to comment on your blog....

I just want to sit back and watch this story very slowly - 'die on the vine.'

Old 05-16-2008   #1259
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 398918 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Vince Young: Shirtless, Patrón-Swilling at a Sausage Party?
uhh...ummm...pardon me. Wrong party
Old 05-16-2008   #1260
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10049 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Vince Young

Errrr...????

http://www.tmz.com/2008/05/16/vince-...ack-gone-wild/

Rich Lord's dream come true?
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > The Blazing Arrow "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read