Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk" Rival fans & lighthearted smack talk. Keep it light and leave the mean spirited stuff at home please.

Old 05-03-2008   #1221
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72205 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Vince Young is the best QB in the NFL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trap_Star View Post
VY would refuse to let this thread die.
I wish you would.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008   #1222
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 249374 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
VY would refuse to let this thread die.
I want to give you negative rep for posting on this piece of dung after two weeks of peace and quiet. I just can't bring myself to do it.

Mario Williams would sack this thread right now (so that's what I'm going to do).

Edit: I couldn't do that either. Too much like censorship in my opinion. I do wish you guys would let this damned thing die. I consider it dysfunctional that Vince Young has a 1222 post long thread on an opponents board. If this was anywhere but "Rivalry Talk" I'd have pulled the life support plug on it.
Old 05-03-2008   #1223
Brando
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1665 Brando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
I want to give you negative rep for posting on this piece of dung after two weeks of peace and quiet. I just can't bring myself to do it.

Mario Williams would sack this thread right now (so that's what I'm going to do).

Edit: I couldn't do that either. Too much like censorship in my opinion. I do wish you guys would let this damned thing die. I consider it dysfunctional that Vince Young has a 1222 post long thread on an opponents board. If this was anywhere but "Rivalry Talk" I'd have pulled the life support plug on it.
How about changing the title of the thread? I was glad when it was moved to the rivalry section. That way people will know it is a joke.

Extra Special Thanks to False Start for the signature!

Last edited by Brando; 05-19-2008 at 02:35 PM.
Brando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008   #1224
Trap_Star
SiteContributor

Rep Power: 38035 Trap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brando View Post
How about changing the title of the thread? I was glad when it was moved to the rivalry section. That way people will know it is a joke.

This will be my last post in this thread.

lol...people don't already know this thread is a joke?

well...im done with this thread as well.

VY sucks.
/thread.
Trap_Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008   #1225
KTOWN

Rep Power: 0 KTOWN seems to be losing the respect of his peers

This is the best thread on the message board. Hey guys did you know VY is the best QB in the NFL?
KTOWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008   #1226
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 51315 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
lol...people don't already know this thread is a joke?

well...im done with this thread as well.

VY sucks.
/thread.
VY wouldn't suck if the OLine was given time to gel, better WR's, a better running game, better O.C., a better H.C. and more support from his fans.

Maybe if he finally got that damn rose for his other grandma he would play more even and balanced.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008   #1227
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 4279 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

I hope the "Disproving evolution" thread lasts this long. It is equally ridiculous.
Old 05-06-2008   #1228
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13230 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

VY sucks more than reggie bush
ATXtexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008   #1229
Bulluck53
All Pro

Rep Power: 1628 Bulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATXtexanfan View Post
VY sucks more than reggie bush
thats a little ambitious....
Bulluck53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008   #1230
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 100543 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

sorry for bringing this thread back up and didn't want to start a new thread
but wow

... just stumbled on this tonight searching for something else..(don't know why topix.com listed this at the top of the search when I was doing a houston Texans search

take it what it is worth page 2 of ESPiN.
march 6,2006
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2...jason_whitlock
Quote:
You have to wonder whether Vince Young knows what job he's applying for, or if he even realizes that he is "applying" for a job.

Vince Young
AP Photo/Tim Larsen
Vince Young's got some things to learn if he's going to succeed in the NFL. (AP Photo/Tim Larsen)

The NFL doesn't recruit starting quarterbacks. It's not the Marines out looking for a few good men. When it comes to picking its quarterbacks, The League is Halle Berry on Oscar night. She can pick any designer she pleases, and the world's most renowned designers are just grateful for the opportunity to be considered.

Vince Young doesn't get this. He thinks joining the NFL will be similar to joining the NCAA. He mistakenly believes he's holding all (or most of) the cards, and that come April's draft some lucky GM is going to feel like a lottery winner when Vince Young stands next to Paul Tagliabue and pulls on a Saints or Texans or Titans cap.

Vince Young is clueless. And I'm not talking about his score on the Wonderlic test. I'm talking about his understanding of what it takes to make it in the NFL as a quarterback.

Humility is the No. 1 ingredient.

The most prestigious and most difficult job in all of sports -- NFL quarterback -- is played at a high level by the men willing to humble themselves and prepare like each Sunday is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity.

This isn't the NBA, and Young isn't Shaquille O'Neal. You don't get the first half of the season to play your way into shape. It's not Major League Baseball, and Young isn't Roger Clemens. You don't get to stay at home with your family on certain road trips.

This isn't the University of Texas, and Young is no longer able to rely on his superior athleticism and instincts to outduel his competitors.

Young's success in the NFL will hinge almost exclusively on his willingness to prepare. And that's exactly what Young's Wonderlic score and other curious decisions call into question -- his will to prepare and his level of humility.
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008   #1231
Bulluck53
All Pro

Rep Power: 1628 Bulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respected

The kid has said many times he can't wait to get into camp an work with Heimerdinger (and Chow and the QBs coach for that matter) and learn the offense, learn how to be a better QB. To me that shows that he doesn't think he can step in and win.
Old 05-14-2008   #1232
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 111168 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

*must resist..... must resist*
Old 05-14-2008   #1233
Overalls
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 64 Overalls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulluck53 View Post
The kid has said many times he can't wait to get into camp an work with Heimerdinger (and Chow and the QBs coach for that matter) and learn the offense, learn how to be a better QB. To me that shows that he doesn't think he can step in and win.
Does his basket weaving teacher know he is thinking about football and not the big final exam on cross-stitching?

Overalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008   #1234
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 74671 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulluck53 View Post
I remember that article when it came out. I believe it was a little overblown. I think he made an excellent point as it relates to VY's agent.

But the general and more important point that Whitlock makes is the one about preparation. There are questions over how hard VY works to learn his job. Running off to take summer school doesn't help with the perception that QBing is Young's first priority.
Old 05-14-2008   #1235
Bulluck53
All Pro

He wants to finish school. He was in Nashville every Friday through Monday working with Heimerdinger for the last month and a half. I can't blame him for wanting to further his education and the fact that he made it back that much? I credit him for caring enough to work his schedule around it. He very easily could have stayed in Texas, asked the receivers to come to him (like he did last year) and study his playbook on his own.
Old 05-14-2008   #1236
Bulluck53
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overalls View Post
Does his basket weaving teacher know he is thinking about football and not the big final exam on cross-stitching?

Basket weaving? good one

He took knitting
Old 05-14-2008   #1237
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 96562 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

I just can't wait for....

VS III

Vince "twinkle toes" Young took the first bout, Merrill "The Butcher" Hodge bounced back in the rematch.........in the rubber match of '08 Legacies are on the line.

- Edmund Burke

Last edited by Carr Bombed; 05-14-2008 at 04:26 PM.
Carr Bombed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008   #1238
KTOWN

Rep Power: 0 KTOWN seems to be losing the respect of his peers

Merrill Hodge is a dick. I never understood his attacks on VY. I'm sure they will continue this fall.
KTOWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008   #1239
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 171483 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by KTOWN View Post
Merrill Hodge is a dick. I never understood his attacks on VY. I'm sure they will continue this fall.
He's trying to save face .
Old 05-14-2008   #1240
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72205 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
He's trying to save face .
Vince helped him with that last year.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read