Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk" Rival fans & lighthearted smack talk. Keep it light and leave the mean spirited stuff at home please.

Old 03-31-2008   #1061
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 79376 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Vince Young is the best QB in the NFL

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dream View Post
at least Wolf gave a well thought out reply that makes sense.....I totally understand people being against him, because we passed him up and he's on the Titans, but what I don't understand is some of the pure hatred that a lot of people on here have for a guy who always praises the city of Houston.....you think he'd get some respect............
Best move in Texans short history!!!!

Madison? Nope!!!

Texas?? Heck NO!!!

Tennessee??? Not no, but ******* NO!!!!
Old 03-31-2008   #1062
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Rep Power: 258 Blazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Blazing Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
THE POINT IS, ARROW BROUGHT UP YOUNG IN A COMPLETELY UNRELATED THREAD. HE WAS MERELY REMINDED THAT THERE IS A THREAD STARTED FOR THOSE OF YOU THAT SUCK THE SWEAT OUT OF VY's JOCK....

http://texanstalk.com/forums/showpos...2&postcount=25
Even your link disproves what you said. When a comment has a box around it that is a quote. Quotes are taken from previous responses typically in the same thread. That is how this board thing works. Noticed that a handful of garbage was spude out about Young without me even bring him up. It is pretty obvious from the link you gave. I merely replied to it in kind. What is good for the goose and all that right? If he was not brought up by a Texans fan trying to sniff out a dig on the guy that thread would have never concerned Young.

I found it amazing that someone actually suggested trading for Simms and losing more draft picks and Schaub has only been on the team 1 season. It is all in the thread. Take the time to read it before you accuse me of salting your board with Young propaganda.

RIP Steve ... you showed us what a warrior truly is.
Blazing Arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008   #1063
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 79376 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazing Arrow View Post
Even your link disproves what you said. When a comment has a box around it that is a quote. Quotes are taken from previous responses typically in the same thread. That is how this board thing works. Noticed that a handful of garbage was spude out about Young without me even bring him up. It is pretty obvious from the link you gave. I merely replied to it in kind. What is good for the goose and all that right? If he was not brought up by a Texans fan trying to sniff out a dig on the guy that thread would have never concerned Young.

I found it amazing that someone actually suggested trading for Simms and losing more draft picks and Schaub has only been on the team 1 season. It is all in the thread. Take the time to read it before you accuse me of salting your board with Young propaganda.
Are you stoned??? You were quoting someone else.... NOt me...

In fact, I refrained from getting into the whole conversation about how bad Young sucks in that thread because it gets boring whenever you hijack a thread.

Last edited by Texan_Bill; 03-31-2008 at 05:51 PM.
Texan_Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008   #1064
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

How many times must one stick his foot so far down ones throat it comes out his arse? Please read the comments after the Schuab and Simms comments and you will see one person ask if it was said tounge and cheek and the response was yes. Sarcasim is hard to get on a message board but when it is pointed out that the comment was sarcasim, one would think you would catch on, but not Blazing Arrow.

You are diffinately not

Last edited by Specnatz; 03-31-2008 at 07:58 PM.
Specnatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008   #1065
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

What a great find : Amazing Archeological Find! from Cjeremy635. At first it was beleived to be a politician, but I think we have uncoverd an ancestor of Arrow's.

Old 03-31-2008   #1066
Trap_Star
SiteContributor

Rep Power: 27348 Trap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respected

VY went to UT.
Trap_Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008   #1067
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Rep Power: 258 Blazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Are you stoned??? You were quoting someone else.... NOt me...

In fact, I refrained from getting into the whole conversation about how bad Young sucks in that thread because it gets boring whenever you hijack a thread.
I would ask you the same question but it seems I know the answer already.

I figured bolding the comment would have been enough but I guess not. You say I brought Young up in that thread which is not a true statement. Are you arguing that point?

http://texanstalk.com/forums/showpos...9&postcount=20

Sponsored links
Old 03-31-2008   #1068
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
How many times must one stick his foot so far down ones throat it comes out his arse? Please read the comments after the Schuab and Simms comments and you will see one person ask if it was said tounge and cheek and the response was yes. Sarcasim is hard to get on a message board but when it is pointed out that the comment was sarcasim, one would think you would catch on, but not Blazing Arrow.

You are diffinately not

I did miss the second comment about the tongue and cheek part. That still does not mean I brought up Young in that thread. It was actually you that took the time to in post 20. Don't let the facts get in the way though ...

Old 03-31-2008   #1069
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 44196 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Everything has worked out best for the Texans and for Vince Young.

The Texans run a version of the WCO, and though VY like all quarterbacks has good and bad points, even his best supporters would probably not say that Kubiak's offiense is ideal for someone who currently doesn't have strengths in reading defenses and pin point accuracy.

Vince Young is in a good situation because he has a owner who thinks VY can do no wrong and a stable head coach who is used to and has experience developing unconventional quarterbacks. He has an owner who thinks it is okay for an NFL quarterback to have limited time around the facility in the offseason. They picked a quarterback who wasn't the ideal fit for their system, so they got rid of the offensive coordinator and got one who is more appropriate for working with an unconventional quarterback.

I think the best way to evaluate such matters is to assume in a way a thought experiment by the philosopher John Rawls. When evaluating a particular situation, you should try to look at it through the "veil of ignorance." I'm not suggesting you be a stupid person, but rather, try to divorce yourself from the personalities, the hype, the biases and allegiances you have. Just look at the basic facts.

That if Vince Young was just Player X with a list of strengths, weaknesses and a certain degree of college success in a particular system.

And the Titans were just Team Z and the Texans were just Team W.

And Kubiak was just Coach A with a style he likes to play, and Fisher was Coach B with a style he likes to play.

Team W's perfect quarterback would not have the attributes that Player X has. In fact, Player X would be probably be precisely the wrong player for Coach A's system. At the same time, Team W, in fact, had huge problems with a lack of talent on defense.

Coach B is used to unconventional quarterbacks. So is the owner of Team Z. So it is a better fit for Player X as the owner doesn't mind jetisoning the offensive coordinator if it doesn't work out.

Eh, probably way too much explaination. The only downside to VY being a Titan is that it is in division and hearing silly people who think he would have been a good fit for the Texans and that it would have made sense salary cap wise to take him.
Old 03-31-2008   #1070
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Add to that the David Carr experiment Young would have been burned at the steak after last season. Two 1st pick QBs that have struggled at times and the FO would have had to barricade the doors to stop fans from tearing them apart.

From a Titans fan perspective we did not have to live with a mistake at QB. We lived through a relatively successful QB in McNair and now are willing to allow Young time to develop. We are winning and going to the playoffs. He might not be winning us games but his play is also not losing us games. Now if we went 4-12 last season and Young had played the way he did I doubt you would see many supporters of Young (as Overalls has mentioned I am not as big a supported of the guy as it would appear. It is just fun to mess with Texans fans sometimes ). We did not and so we allow him additional time. He has another 9 TD and 15+ INT season you are not going to see many people defending him and fans will start questioning the pick even more.

Great post BTW Texans_Chick

Old 03-31-2008   #1071
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 44196 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Add to that the David Carr experiment Young would have been burned at the steak after last season. Two 1st pick QBs that have struggled at times and the FO would have had to barricade the doors to stop fans from tearing them apart.

From a Titans fan perspective we did not have to live with a mistake at QB. We lived through a relatively successful QB in McNair and now are willing to allow Young time to develop. We are winning and going to the playoffs. He might not be winning us games but his play is also not losing us games. Now if we went 4-12 last season and Young had played the way he did I doubt you would see many supporters of Young (as Overalls has mentioned I am not as big a supported of the guy as it would appear. It is just fun to mess with Texans fans sometimes ). We did not and so we allow him additional time. He has another 9 TD and 15+ INT season you are not going to see many people defending him and fans will start questioning the pick even more.

Great post BTW Texans_Chick
Having a defense that was dominant at times really helped the Titans with VY. The Texans certainly would not have had that option, as they were near the bottom of the league even with Williams being a standout last season.

It has been better watching quarterback play that looks like it belongs in the league.

Next year is a critical season for Young. If he continues to be an albatross on the team with his TDs/INTs, there is going to be a lot more criticism than a center suggesting that Young might not know the playbook very well or an offensive coordinator suggesting that your starting quarterback is immature and pouts on the sidelines when things don't go his way. As much as the Texans are concerned with Schaub being healthy for an entire season, the Titans need to be concerned that Young's leg is no longer an issue, as the quad injury he had can become a chronic one.
Old 03-31-2008   #1072
WesmanTexanfan
SeNior Smack

Rep Power: 159 WesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

I wish I had a gun that could kill threads...

Thanks Texan Rocky and Brando for the Avatar and Sig!
WesmanTexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008   #1073
Trap_Star
SiteContributor

Rep Power: 27348 Trap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by WesmanTexanfan View Post
VY played at Madison HS.
Trap_Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008   #1074
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 162318 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by WesmanTexanfan View Post

I'm changing my avatar in honor of this sentiment.
Old 04-01-2008   #1075
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 67576 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
I'm changing my avatar in honor of this sentiment.
you made me do it again for the third time herv (unless you are huttenese, as in jedi mind tricks don't work on you)
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008   #1076
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
I would ask you the same question but it seems I know the answer already.

I figured bolding the comment would have been enough but I guess not. You say I brought Young up in that thread which is not a true statement. Are you arguing that point?

Hey stoner.... This is what happened:

You made a ridiculously wonderlic failing remark about the trade for Schaub; Spec fired back about the Titan's stupid move (known as that failed experiment of trying a running back at the QB position); next YOU were going on your typical rant about OROY and pro-bowls and comparisons to David Carr, blah, blah, etc. Then Herv called you out (and rightfully so, I might add - because he was dead on) busting ALL your myths about the chosen one.

I'm pretty sure it was shortly thereafter that I reminded you that this thread existed... That way you could spew forth like the other 40 pages.

Oh, and to do my best impersonation a broken record (a la Arrow). Your savior doesn't have much more impressive numbers in his first two seasons than Carr had in his... That's gotta suck....

I know, I know Vince single handedly won more games - all by himself... I know, I know Vince single handedly took them to the play-offs.

Your arguments are tired and boring. At least come up with a new angle.
Old 04-01-2008   #1077
Tedc
Hardheaded

Rep Power: 2837 Tedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respected

I think that today I can honestly say that VY is the best QB in the league and will one day be looked up upon by the best QBs in the Hall Of Fame and remembered as one of the best things to come out of Texas. He will never be remembered as a QB with speed but a QB with arm strength and accuracy that is only bettered by his uncanny ability to read and break down defenses.
Old 04-01-2008   #1078
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4547 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

.....This thread is still alive....?
Old 04-01-2008   #1079
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tedc View Post
I think that today I can honestly say that VY is the best QB in the league and will one day be looked up upon by the best QBs in the Hall Of Fame and remembered as one of the best things to come out of Texas. He will never be remembered as a QB with speed but a QB with arm strength and accuracy that is only bettered by his uncanny ability to read and break down defenses.
What's today's date!???
Old 04-01-2008   #1080
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

http://www.sportsradio610.com/play_w...audioId=540022

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read