Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk" Rival fans & lighthearted smack talk. Keep it light and leave the mean spirited stuff at home please.

Old 03-30-2008   #1041
Brando
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1665 Brando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Vince Young is the best QB in the NFL

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
Why even type a huge wall of text? The best you'll get from him is "Well you shouldn't hate on Vince Young because he hasn't done anything to you" meanwhile he (or she) will sound like the most annoying of homers because:

1. Vince Young just wins games
2. He's not as bad as everybody is making out to be, plus, he wins games
3. The Titans had a better record than the Texans therefore Vince Young is a better QB than Matt Schaub
4. The Titans have gone to 2 (two) playoff games since Young has been drafted and the Texans have not

It's all circular, and the VY fan will never understand why Texans fans don't care for VY and don't care for them coming by and trying to tell us how great of a QB he is (hint: he's not even a decent QB at the moment).
That sums it up nicely.

Extra Special Thanks to False Start for the signature!

Last edited by Brando; 03-30-2008 at 10:04 AM.
Brando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008   #1042
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 74351 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazing Arrow View Post
Have you ever noticed I never reply to you?
It's very rare when somebody proves themselves incapable of argument with their very first (improperly formed) sentence. Way to discredit yourself with the very next post guy.

Also, you've pretty much replied to everything I've ever said about you like a lost puppy dog who wants attention.

I just thought I'd point that out to you and everybody else, you can carry on now.
Old 03-30-2008   #1043
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Rep Power: 258 Blazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Blazing Arrow

Quote:
It's very rare when somebody proves themselves incapable of argument with their very first (improperly formed) sentence. Way to discredit yourself with the very next post guy.

Also, you've pretty much replied to everything I've ever said about you like a lost puppy dog who wants attention.

I just thought I'd point that out to you and everybody else, you can carry on now.
Grammar smack ... wow. I am so hurt ... what will I do next?

RIP Steve ... you showed us what a warrior truly is.
Blazing Arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008   #1044
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Rep Power: 258 Blazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
For someone who does not reply that is twice that you did not reply. And you call him mentally challenged. I am sure if his comments were written in crayon you might have been able to comprehend them and be able to debate them but the easiest thing to do when you have nothing to say is to say that you will not say anything because the comments are not worthy. Typical of a troll who has nothing but feels compelled to say something. Kinda like those stats you were trying to make up before others corrected you and had to force feed you, your own BS like always.

Oh and you will always be a troll whose team sucks so damn bad that to fullfill what sad life you have you have to go to another teams board and make up stats and hope they do not realize it.

Now who is the pathetic one?
Gotta throw a bone every now and then.

What else can be said in this thread. It is 52 pages of bickering back and forth saying the exact same thing on both sides. One side thinks he is over rated the other does not. Nothing has changed since page one. I just want this thread to hit the 100 page mark before next season.

Old 03-30-2008   #1045
Brando
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1665 Brando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respected

wanted to be included in this thread.

Old 03-30-2008   #1046
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
He should feel lucky because if you go to the TOMB and say half of what Flaming Sparrow says ... you'll get banned .

In fact you can't have a civil conversation on football without them Hilldwellers going to the well ... you never been to the playoffs card .

For instance ... Hey who do you think y'all will draft in the 1st ? Well ... at least we been to the playoffs .
I do not post at the TOMB for those exact reasons. I don't even have a login over there. I do appreciate this sight though. Decent posters with a large variety of knowledge with just a hint of sarcastic comedy.

Plus you all are so unbias

Old 03-30-2008   #1047
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Quote:
4. The Titans have gone to 2 (two) playoff games since Young has been drafted and the Texans have not
We have only been to one playoff gaming with Young BTW.

Sponsored links
Old 03-30-2008   #1048
The Dream
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 The Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
I don't hate the man, I just don't like the Titans(rivals).. Come on Dream you should understand the backlash that was coming afterall. before the draft, ESPiN and all other media outlets were pushing Bush down our throats and if it were from him we were gettng VY pushed down our throats being a local boy and honestly a Texan legend in football with his skills in High School and for UT and winning the national Championship..Heck the mattress man put out a full add to draft VY..and when the Texans went with some workout wonder from North Carolina everybody jumped on the Texans and how stupid they were, from national media, to coworkers, to friends and families to even Cowboy fans.. so when what do you expect when ESPiN makes up all purpose stats to compensate Bush's puny running average and VY not having good stats, Yet the team won without VY having to take over a game like he would in college.

You have to know backlash was coming whether justified or not
and hey Congrats on VY making probowl and we could argue all day long about whether he deserved it or not , stats speak for themselves, but fans like to see their favorites

the pendulum has swung the other side when Mario did better and Vince has struggled with Texan fans

at least Wolf gave a well thought out reply that makes sense.....I totally understand people being against him, because we passed him up and he's on the Titans, but what I don't understand is some of the pure hatred that a lot of people on here have for a guy who always praises the city of Houston.....you think he'd get some respect............
The Dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008   #1049
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 67005 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

This thread is now worth completely ignoring.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008   #1050
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
This thread is now worth completely ignoring.

Read back ... it was 30 pages ago.

Old 03-30-2008   #1051
Trap_Star
SiteContributor

Rep Power: 38637 Trap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respected

VY is from Houston.
Trap_Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008   #1052
Brando
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trap_Star View Post
VY is from Houston.
That's what I have been saying, I like Vince he is from my hometown. Good respectful kid that was/still is a Texans fan. I just get tired of all the people that defend him, it's almost like Hulk75 love for David Carr.

Maybe the title of the thread should be changed(All Encompassing Vince Young Thread) or maybe this thread should be closed?

Last edited by Brando; 03-30-2008 at 02:35 PM.
Old 03-30-2008   #1053
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 107142 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by M Shadows View Post

wanted to be included in this thread.
I can't rep you yet, but I laughed outloud on that one
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008   #1054
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 209676 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Very few would question Young's athletic ability. However, last year, all of Young's innate weaknesses (including poor passing mechanics and inability to read defenses) which he carried from college into the NFL were brutally uncovered. If he manages to stay in the league, it will be because of his legs. If he continues to be able to use his legs alone to stay in the league, his stay will undoubtedly be short.
CloakNNNdagger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008   #1055
Overalls
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 64 Overalls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respected

I guess since VY is the only kid from Houston to ever play on a National championship team and to make it to the NFL we all really should lay off him. There is such a derth of Players from Texas that we need to support the only one to ever make it to the NFL. So what if he is an average QB that plays for the owner that I dispise the most. So what if his ability to walk on water was shoved down our throats by 95 % of the general NFL fans for well over a year.

GO VY and the Titans.

Overalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008   #1056
The Dream
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 The Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of Famer

^^^now that's the spirit!!!!
The Dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008   #1057
Trap_Star
SiteContributor

Rep Power: 38637 Trap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respected

VY plays QB.
Trap_Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008   #1058
Overalls
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 64 Overalls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respected

Looks like on one of the ICOU boards there is a little discusion going on about VY blowing off a charity Basketball game. Of course most of them are saying that its no big deal that he backed out of the game he had promised to coach so he could hang with his buds at UTs game instead. I love that man's class.

Quote:
Old School Coach Steve McNair looked the part on the sideline in a suit, no tie, and hands often in his pockets. He was supposed to be pitted against Vince Young, but Young was a late scratch, apparently because of travel issues.
http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs....RTS01/80329023

Overalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008   #1059
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 248395 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
Very few would question Young's athletic ability. However, last year, all of Young's innate weaknesses (including poor passing mechanics and inability to read defenses) which he carried from college into the NFL were brutally uncovered. If he manages to stay in the league, it will be because of his legs. If he continues to be able to use his legs alone to stay in the league, his stay will undoubtedly be short.
I don't think Vince is the best QB in the NFL. Far from it. I'd also bet that whoever titled this thread this way, probably did it just to piss off other posters. Most likely the weakest minded individuals here.

He's a second year QB, who's weaknesses have been highlighted by media idiots, and jealous wannabees.

It's true, Young brought many of his weaknesses from college, like he brought many of his weaknesses from highschool. Hopefully, we'll see if he's brought his work ethic, and desire to be better than he is as well.

He's not a finished product... to argue about what he is today, is kinda silly.
Old 03-31-2008   #1060
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 124794 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dream View Post
seriously this goes beyond just hating him "because he's a titan"....I think most people would agree that there are more threads on this board downing VY than any other athlete in the NFL.....I made this statement a long time ago, and it holds true now. Most threads started about VY on this board aren't by "fanboys" or "vince lovers" they are made by individuals that have a strong hatred for this man for whatever reason. That's why a lot of you look very childish........a good amount of the comments aren't even reasonable criticisms on his game, but instead jokes about his speech, and wonderlic scores.........
THE POINT IS, ARROW BROUGHT UP YOUNG IN A COMPLETELY UNRELATED THREAD. HE WAS MERELY REMINDED THAT THERE IS A THREAD STARTED FOR THOSE OF YOU THAT SUCK THE SWEAT OUT OF VY's JOCK....

http://texanstalk.com/forums/showpos...2&postcount=25

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read