Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk" Rival fans & lighthearted smack talk. Keep it light and leave the mean spirited stuff at home please.

Old 03-29-2008   #1001
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84
Default Re: Vince Young is the best QB in the NFL

Saw Vince at the NCAA tournament last night. Very noticeable limp, favoring the right leg.
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008   #1002
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dream View Post
normally I'd agree with this, because people who use the term usually throw it out when they have nothing else to say...........but in this case it's a little different....there is literally a numerous amount of 437 page threads downing a guy who most people on here didn't even want.........it really makes people look like jealous texans fans.....
I guess you failed to read all the other post where it is mostly just bashing the guy to bash him because he is a freakin titan. Since we have trolls who come here to say what ever we talk bad about their runningbacks.

As far as hate being a bad thing, why yes it is. So is blind love.
Old 03-29-2008   #1003
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 77992 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

This is a very rare occasion. I'm going to say something about Vince Young.

Vince was a good quarterback his rookie year with Titans, because he ran like he did in college.

But, in his 2nd season, he decided he didn't want to be a running quarterback anymore. Instead, he wanted to drop back and pass, like Manning, or Brady. Now, who put this thought process into his head, I don't know. My suspicion is that Vince himself made this decision. Why? He might have come to the conclusion, or someone else put it into his head, that if he remains just a running quarterback, instead of trying to convert to a drop back passer, he won't last long from taking all the hits that a running quarterback will take. By itself, that might be considered a good reason. But I suspect it's more of an ego thing with him, more than anything else.

The problem is, he's just not very good at being a drop-back style quarterback. I read many comments on that Titan message board that went like, "They should just go ahead and trade Vince, if they won't let Vince be Vince". But I think it's Vince Young himself who doesn't want Vince to be Vince.

Unless Vince himself decides to just go back and do what he does best, run the football, his only legacy with be that of a coach killer. Norm Chow was only the first notch of what will be many on Vince's gun handle.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008   #1004
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 100543 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008   #1005
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 30856 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
Brilliant!
Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008   #1006
The Dream
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 The Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
I guess you failed to read all the other post where it is mostly just bashing the guy to bash him because he is a freakin titan. Since we have trolls who come here to say what ever we talk bad about their runningbacks.

As far as hate being a bad thing, why yes it is. So is blind love.
seriously this goes beyond just hating him "because he's a titan"....I think most people would agree that there are more threads on this board downing VY than any other athlete in the NFL.....I made this statement a long time ago, and it holds true now. Most threads started about VY on this board aren't by "fanboys" or "vince lovers" they are made by individuals that have a strong hatred for this man for whatever reason. That's why a lot of you look very childish........a good amount of the comments aren't even reasonable criticisms on his game, but instead jokes about his speech, and wonderlic scores.........
The Dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008   #1007
Overalls
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 64 Overalls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respected

So MRs Wright, Why do you think that some of us are against Vick Jr?

Overalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 03-29-2008   #1008
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 30856 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
seriously this goes beyond just hating him "because he's a titan"....I think most people would agree that there are more threads on this board downing VY than any other athlete in the NFL.....I made this statement a long time ago, and it holds true now. Most threads started about VY on this board aren't by "fanboys" or "vince lovers" they are made by individuals that have a strong hatred for this man for whatever reason. That's why a lot of you look very childish........a good amount of the comments aren't even reasonable criticisms on his game, but instead jokes about his speech, and wonderlic scores.........
There are pleny of comments on his game, you've just chossen to ignore them. Much like you failed to back up your "VY does more for his team then Mario does" post last Nov. One you never backed up, I wonder why? Nor did you ever defend your position that VY and Palmer were on the same level of QB play.

I still say if it dresses like a Titans fan, talks like a Titans fan, and blindly defends VY like a Titans fan...then it's a Packers and Cowboys fan!?! Wait that can't be right can it Dream?
Old 03-29-2008   #1009
Brando
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1665 Brando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respected

I wanted Vince(TG I was wrong about that one) but as soon as he became a Titan he became the opponent. Simple stuff really. This thread was started because someone had stated on a pre-game show that he was the best QB in the NFL. Obviously he is not.

Extra Special Thanks to False Start for the signature!
Brando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008   #1010
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 52901 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

That's a waste of 1010 posts.
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008   #1011
The Dream
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 The Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
There are pleny of comments on his game, you've just chossen to ignore them. Much like you failed to back up your "VY does more for his team then Mario does" post last Nov. One you never backed up, I wonder why? Nor did you ever defend your position that VY and Palmer were on the same level of QB play.

I still say if it dresses like a Titans fan, talks like a Titans fan, and blindly defends VY like a Titans fan...then it's a Packers and Cowboys fan!?! Wait that can't be right can it Dream?
and there are plenty of comments of pure hatred from idiotic texans fans..........as far as VY doing more for the titans than Mario, I'll stick by those statements. The main reason being he is a QB, and the QB's impact on a team is far greater than a DL's impact.....I realize that VY has things he can get better at, but what young QB doesn't???? There's still a lot of good things he does (mainly keeping the defense on their toes) and he shows glimpses of greatness from time to time.......As far as Palmer is concerned, I'd stick by those statements also. If I had to choose a QB going into next season I'd choose Vince, because

a.) I believe he's more of a threat late in games, because his ability to run and throw
b.) Palmer does put up better stats, but he also has a talented ass receiving core compared to the crap VY has to play with
c.) I believe VY will get better

And yes I'm not a Titans fan, but I am a fan of Vince's. Go Packers and Boys, lol........
Old 03-29-2008   #1012
StarStruck
Site Contributor

Section: 115 Q6
Rep Power: 40182 StarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
This is a very rare occasion. I'm going to say something about Vince Young.

Vince was a good quarterback his rookie year with Titans, because he ran like he did in college.

But, in his 2nd season, he decided he didn't want to be a running quarterback anymore. Instead, he wanted to drop back and pass, like Manning, or Brady. Now, who put this thought process into his head, I don't know. My suspicion is that Vince himself made this decision. Why? He might have come to the conclusion, or someone else put it into his head, that if he remains just a running quarterback, instead of trying to convert to a drop back passer, he won't last long from taking all the hits that a running quarterback will take. By itself, that might be considered a good reason. But I suspect it's more of an ego thing with him, more than anything else.

The problem is, he's just not very good at being a drop-back style quarterback. I read many comments on that Titan message board that went like, "They should just go ahead and trade Vince, if they won't let Vince be Vince". But I think it's Vince Young himself who doesn't want Vince to be Vince.

Unless Vince himself decides to just go back and do what he does best, run the football, his only legacy with be that of a coach killer. Norm Chow was only the first notch of what will be many on Vince's gun handle.
My suspicion is that any change that he has made was because somebody with the authority to him to do so. There are very few QBs who can call their own plays, so I doubt seriously if Vince will be taking it upon himself to redefine his playing style. The Golden Rules
StarStruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008   #1013
Brando
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1665 Brando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
and there are plenty of comments of pure hatred from idiotic texans fans..........as far as VY doing more for the titans than Mario, I'll stick by those statements. The main reason being he is a QB, and the QB's impact on a team is far greater than a DL's impact.....I realize that VY has things he can get better at, but what young QB doesn't???? There's still a lot of good things he does (mainly keeping the defense on their toes) and he shows glimpses of greatness from time to time.......As far as Palmer is concerned, I'd stick by those statements also. If I had to choose a QB going into next season I'd choose Vince, because

a.) I believe he's more of a threat late in games, because his ability to run and throw
b.) Palmer does put up better stats, but he also has a talented ass receiving core compared to the crap VY has to play with

And yes I'm not a Titans fan, but I am a fan of Vince's. Go Packers and Boys, lol........

No reason to call fans of a team idiotic. Now that is childish.

Extra Special Thanks to False Start for the signature!
Brando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008   #1014
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Quote:

We know, cause those are the only posts you focus on.

As for a QB doing more for his team then a DE, usually that is the case; but that street goes both ways as any Texans fan can tell you. Poor play from a QB can cripple a team much faster then poor play from a DE. Case in point would be the fact that Haynesworth was more valuable to the Titans last year then VY was. Just like Pac-man was more valuable then VY the year before. Noticing a trend?

As for Palmer and VY. You have fun on that island. The Titans lack of WR excuss is getting old. The stats show that they were not as bad as the VY faithful make them out to be. Nor does there play, see the end of the Houston/Tennesse game for proof. As for being a threat to run...really? Cause I don't remember VY doing all that much running last year. The year before, sure; last year not so much. As for a QB being made be his WRs, Brady won SBs with a receiving corp about egual to the Titans; and lets not forget how AJ made David Carr into a Pro-Bowler. And let's just completly ignore that the Titans running game was better then average, because we all know a good running game doesn't help a QB at all, right?

Vince did grat things at Madison and even greater things at UT, but neither should be used to judge his abality and performance in the NFL. And to quote Stephen A. Smith Quite frankly VY hasn't been that good of a QB in the NFL.
Old 03-29-2008   #1015
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
and there are plenty of comments of pure hatred from idiotic texans fans.
This is why you have been banned so many times no one can count. Calling people on this board idiotic and other acts that are not wanted or warranted. Most of the time you are on this site you have to spin things in such a way as to cause angst among others here. Besides your huge indifferance for people who do not show the same love for VY that you do, why are you even here? Your not a Texans fan, because we all know of your wearing vy jersey to a Texans game, which I think is the only games you have gone to.

In all honesty, this community does not need this crap or wants this crap. So I ask, in all honesty why are you even here?
Old 03-29-2008   #1016
The Dream
Hall of Fame

Quote:
This is why you have been banned so many times no one can count. Calling people on this board idiotic and other acts that are not wanted or warranted. Most of the time you are on this site you have to spin things in such a way as to cause angst among others here. Besides your huge indifferance for people who do not show the same love for VY that you do, why are you even here? Your not a Texans fan, because we all know of your wearing vy jersey to a Texans game, which I think is the only games you have gone to.

In all honesty, this community does not need this crap or wants this crap. So I ask, in all honesty why are you even here?
I'm sorry but if your goal is to wake up in the morning just to down a man who has done nothing against you, that does make you somewhat of an id!ot in my book, lol.......this isn't me "spinning" anything. And I've stated before that I cheer for the Texans, and do consider myself a casual fan, but by no means am I a die hard fan of this team mainly, because I haven't cheered for them my entire life............

Seriously why is this thread still alive?.....I think everyone on here knows VY isn't the best in the NFL, I'm a VY fan, and I even laughed at the notion of him being the best and admitted that he wasn't on the first page or two of this thread..........the question I have is why does this site literally hate this man so much? It seems really pathetic...........
Old 03-29-2008   #1017
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Quote:
I'm sorry but if your goal is to wake up in the morning just to down a man who has done nothing against you, that does make you somewhat of an id!ot in my book, lol.......this isn't me "spinning" anything. And I've stated before that I cheer for the Texans, and do consider myself a casual fan, but by no means am I a die hard fan of this team mainly, because I haven't cheered for them my entire life............

Seriously why is this thread still alive?.....I think everyone on here knows VY isn't the best in the NFL, I'm a VY fan, and I even laughed at the notion of him being the best and admitted that he wasn't on the first page or two of this thread..........the question I have is why does this site literally hate this man so much? It seems really pathetic...........
This site does not hate anybody. Some posters do, most do not hate VY. Most dislike him purly because he plays for a rival and a team that was rippedout of the city of Houston. I dislike naybodyinvolved with the Titans, just on general principle. It's called being a fan.

So why don't you limit the childish insults to those who have actually expressed a hatred of VY and not everybody.
Old 03-29-2008   #1018
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

People need to learn to ignore trolls, and in the case of VY threads Dream is behaving like a troll. There's no sense in wasting your time because any balanced or well-reasoned post will fall on deaf ears. We've seen it time & time again. So please ignore the trolls.
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008   #1019
The Dream
Hall of Fame

Quote:
This site does not hate anybody. Some posters do, most do not hate VY. Most dislike him purly because he plays for a rival and a team that was rippedout of the city of Houston. I dislike naybodyinvolved with the Titans, just on general principle. It's called being a fan.

So why don't you limit the childish insults to those who have actually expressed a hatred of VY and not everybody.

peyton manning plays for a rival team also, but I don't see nearly as many threads dogging him..................and at no point did I say "everybody" expresses hatred towards VY, because there are those on this site that do like him, and can criticize him without seeming like a bitter fan..............
Old 03-29-2008   #1020
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Quote:
peyton manning plays for a rival team also, but I don't see nearly as many threads dogging him..................and at no point did I say "everybody" expresses hatred towards VY, because there are those on this site that do like him, and can criticize him without seeming like a bitter fan..............
Spin it however you want, you said "this site" and that would encopmass anybody who posts of this MB.

As for Peyton, Yes I dislike the goofy lookin', potatoe headed son of a legend; but his play on the field in the NFl ahs earned my repect. IF VY every dominates NFL games like he dominated games for UT, then I will still dislike him. But I will admit I was wrong about his abilities and he will have earned my respect. I just have yet to see anything that makes me thinkits going to happen.

And with that I bow out of this thread forever more. Enjoy.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read