Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk" Rival fans & lighthearted smack talk. Keep it light and leave the mean spirited stuff at home please.

Old 01-11-2008   #561
toronto
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 77616 toronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Vince Young is the best QB in the NFL

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX View Post
I watched the game and the talent at the skill positions wasn't much worse than what Brady and McNabb had to work with at times. New England went into San Diego last year and beat the Chargers with guys like Reche Caldwell and Jabar Gaffney and San Diego was a better team last year.
As a Titan fan, lemme say that Caldwell and Gaffney would have been upgrades on Gage/Moulds.

I'd also take Ben Watson or LJ Smith over the scabs the Titans played at TE.

On the bright side. at least I know where they will be spending their cap space and draft picks. Unless Reinfeldt is a completely blind *****.

Follow me @blakegk on twitter...the entertainment never stops...
toronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008   #562
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 240829 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Second Honeymoon View Post
so now its not that VY sucks, its that he isnt as good as McNabb or Brady? 2nd year guy who was supposed to take time to develop now sucks unless he is as capable as seasoned vets like McNabb or Brady?
He should start with aspiring to looking like Kerry Collins in his scant time, then work his way up to something like Hasselbeck, then go on to Brady status. I think most of us are just tired of the implication that he's already Brady-like, is all.

I'm more moderate than some on here, probably because I actually like Vince, but objectively, VY is just not a good QB yet. He'll get there, or he won't. Whatever.
Old 01-11-2008   #563
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3659 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
And that is why young QBs are mostly a (necessary) hindrance to a football team, rather than a key part to its success. VY may very well get there, but you can't convince me that he was one of the top reasons for that team's success this year. To me, the most annoying part of the VY situation is all the people who say that VY took the Tacks to the playoffs, when anyone with half a brain knows that VY "took" his team to the playoffs about as much as Rex Grossman took his team to the Super Bowl. Less, actually, when you consider that Rex at least had games where he blew the doors off his opponent.

It's not an anti-VY thing for me, as much as it is an anti-VY-hype thing. Stop talking about VY and start talking about what a great coach Fisher is, or what a great job the running game did all year, or what a great impact Haynesworth or Bulluck had, etc. That holds water. Hell, Cutler had a much better year than VY and was still a major part of the Broncos' problems this year.
i always give credit to Fisher and defense. Even the running game was solid too but the running game fumbled twice in the red zone when the Titans were in control of the game. So does the running game suck now? I also never said that VY was the reason they made the playoffs. He wasn't. He helped lead his team into the playoffs. as for the Rex argument, that is like everyone's Get Out Of Hater Jail free card when people are saying VY sucks. it doesn't work.
Old 01-11-2008   #564
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 112599 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

BTW SH.... My last post was somewhat 'tongue in cheek'..... Not completely, but somewhat.
Old 01-11-2008   #565
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3659 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
BTW SH.... My last post was somewhat 'tongue in cheek'..... Not completely, but somewhat.
TB. you and everyone else around here is always cool in my book (even TL13 and that damn Aggies Win sig). I just wish our fanbase was a little more objective and less homer/hater. I knows its the nature of the beast, but so many of us know so much about football around here yet it just drives me crazy when I hear the same people make blanket VY sucks statements when the guy has exceeded the expectations of the team that drafted him as well as the majority of the opinions around the league. he was SUPPOSED to take time to develop.......yet people around here are judging him against All-Time greats like Brady or acting like he is already supposed to be a top-tier QB.

Although I felt we should have passed on resigning Carr and drafted Young, I am actually glad that we didn't draft Young. half the fans would already be calling for him to be benched....the same fans that were still making excuses for DC after 5 years of failure. i guess some people are just judged differently. hmmm....

Lets not forget the Chargers were SUPPOSED to beat the Titans...but no, it was VYs fault the The Titans lost and he sucks and will never amount to a hill of beans. VY sucks. Rack me.
Old 01-11-2008   #566
ATRAIN
ATX TEXANS FAN

Rep Power: 936 ATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respected

Vy's numbers proved that he sucks. His Center outed him for not playing smart, learning the playbook, not spending enough time in the film room. What further proof do we need?
ATRAIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008   #567
ATRAIN
ATX TEXANS FAN

Rep Power: 936 ATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respected

on a side note.......yes Im a VY hater. I didn't want him drafted to the Texans and am glad him nor reggie was. I am sick of his hype and to this day having to put up with the city of Austin still riding VY's crotch. So I think I have every right to hate him and hate on him. That is all. I think he was a great college player but said this before the draft he will never be a great NFL qb and I stand by that.
Sponsored links
Old 01-11-2008   #568
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATRAIN View Post
on a side note.......yes Im a VY hater. I didn't want him drafted to the Texans and am glad him nor reggie was. I am sick oh his hype and to this day having to put up with the city of Austin still riding VY's crotch. So I think I have every right to hate him and hate on him. That is all.
i would have never guessed...

Austin rides VY's crotch for a reason....just so you know. VY is treated like a champion around there because he is a champion around there. It was an earned admiration and not anointed like a crown. If UT doesnt beat USC you still think they show Titans games in Austin? Umm no.

do I think Texans games should be shown in Austin over Titans games? Not if Titans games get better ratings. That is just simple business sense. Naming your team the Texans doesnt give you some God given right to be shown all over Texas. It's just a name and a logo. Its the HOUSTON Texans. it's not some agenda or conspiracy against Houston, its about getting the best numbers for their advertisers. it's a free product and if you don't like it, you have the option to get off the couch and go to a sports bar or you can install DirectTV and get it. free enterprise economy at work. but hate on if you must. no big deal.

Last edited by Second Honeymoon; 01-11-2008 at 11:59 AM.
Second Honeymoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008   #569
ATRAIN
ATX TEXANS FAN

Quote:
i would have never guessed...

Austin rides VY's crotch for a reason....just so you know. VY is treated like a champion around there because he is a champion around there. It was an earned admiration and not anointed like a crown. If UT doesnt beat USC you still think they show Titans games in Austin? Umm no.

do I think Texans games should be shown in Austin over Titans games? Not if Titans games get better ratings. That is just simple business sense. Naming your team the Texans doesnt give you some God given right to be shown all over Texas. It's just a name and a logo. Its the HOUSTON Texans. it's not some agenda or conspiracy against Houston, its about getting the best numbers for their advertisers. it's a free product and if you don't like it, you have the option to get off the couch and go to a sports bar or you can install DirectTV and get it. free enterprise economy at work. but hate on if you must. no big deal.

Yes he did what he did for this city, so im just waiting for that time to pass of for the horns to win it again, im sure that will get everyone over vince. That is a big reason for my despise of Vy amongst other things. I did in fact go to a bar and even met the Texans fan club at 3rd base( which was a blast). The way I see it, he is no longer a horn, he is a titan, and is now the enemy. Since most of Austin are cowgirls, the still have a man crush on VY. Would that crush still be there he VY been drafted by Wash, or Philly? Prob not!!
Old 01-11-2008   #570
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 330323 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
the guy has exceeded the expectations of the team that drafted him as well as the majority of the opinions around the league.
You claim to want objectivity and then say things like this. Last year this would have been true. This year it is unquestionably false. This isn't a Houston haters thing it is all over the country starting with TN fans wanting to start Collins, his center calling him out, his coaches commenting on his play and tons of talking heads talking about him regressing. He took a step back this year not forward and plenty of folks outside Houston noticed it since it was so obvious.
Old 01-11-2008   #571
Lucky

Rep Power: 149994 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
He took a step back this year not forward and plenty of folks outside Houston noticed it since it was so obvious.
The funny thing is, Young was a better passer this season (not good, just better than awful). He just didn't make as many plays with his legs. SH made a good point a few pages back, that Young seemed to come into the season out of shape. That, and his quad injury, forced him into playing from the pocket more. Which in the long run, might benefit Young's development.
Old 01-11-2008   #572
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10496 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
The funny thing is, Young was a better passer this season (not good, just better than awful). He just didn't make as many plays with his legs. SH made a good point a few pages back, that Young seemed to come into the season out of shape. That, and his quad injury, forced him into playing from the pocket more. Which in the long run, might benefit Young's development.
Who's fault is it Young came into the season out of shape?
Old 01-11-2008   #573
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 171483 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
You claim to want objectivity and then say things like this. Last year this would have been true. This year it is unquestionably false. This isn't a Houston haters thing it is all over the country starting with TN fans wanting to start Collins, his center calling him out, his coaches commenting on his play and tons of talking heads talking about him regressing. He took a step back this year not forward and plenty of folks outside Houston noticed it since it was so obvious.
It would not suprise me if VY's star rose to it's highest point last year .
Old 01-11-2008   #574
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

The microcosm of it all is on the Titans message boards. Lots of division on him over there with (not surprisingly) the loudest defenders (and loudest critics of lacking weapons) sporting Longhorns avatars of some sort.

The division in the ranks is evident in the exchanges between some of the TN based Titans-first fans and the Austin/Houston based Vince-first fans. It's not unusual to have divided opinions about players but I sense there's an element of that fan base up there that wants the other to just go away.

It's not just what I'm interpreting from their boards. I know people who live there and they've expressed these feelings to me.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008   #575
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Rep Power: 258 Blazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Blazing Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
Either way, the Browns would've at least made it an entertaining game. Heck, they might have even won it.

It was the ugliest game of the weekend, that's for sure. Oh well, at least we will be spared the sight of watching 'the quad' run around in circles.
You would have watch LT run through the Browns on his way to 200 plus yards and 3+ TDs. The game would have been a joke. The worst run D in the NFL going against a run heavy team with the leagues leading rusher. Come on now. That is were the 41-10 stuff would have shown up.

Young defiantly need to stop the circling back around method of running. He seems to like to pull that one a lot ... pun intended.

RIP Steve ... you showed us what a warrior truly is.
Blazing Arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008   #576
toronto
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 77616 toronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealJoker View Post
Who's fault is it Young came into the season out of shape?
I don't think he came into the season in 100% form that he had last year, but I believe this got magnified signifcantly when he hurt his quad in Tampa in Oct. I really believe that injury screwed up his entire season. I've pulled that muscle and it takes forever to heal.

Follow me @blakegk on twitter...the entertainment never stops...
toronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008   #577
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATRAIN View Post
Yes he did what he did for this city, so im just waiting for that time to pass of for the horns to win it again, im sure that will get everyone over vince. That is a big reason for my despise of Vy amongst other things. I did in fact go to a bar and even met the Texans fan club at 3rd base( which was a blast). The way I see it, he is no longer a horn, he is a titan, and is now the enemy. Since most of Austin are cowgirls, the still have a man crush on VY. Would that crush still be there he VY been drafted by Wash, or Philly? Prob not!!
Great point but that only furthers my point. The Titans are on TV because of the ratings. People want to see VY play for the Titans. If VY is on the Giants, Skins, or Philly the ratings wouldnt be the same and there would be a lot of conflicts by Cowboys on FOX too. It's all about the ratings and level of interest.

I remember studying in Austin and missing Oilers games because of the Cowboys. We didn't miss a whole lot of games but when it happened, it sucked and Sunday Ticket was a pipe dream back in the early 90s. At least now there are options.

Last edited by Second Honeymoon; 01-11-2008 at 12:32 PM.
Second Honeymoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008   #578
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Rep Power: 258 Blazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Blazing Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
You said that you post more here than over @ the TOMB, probably b/c you like to delve in reality more, & the reality of it is that even though you guys made the playoffs this year, the titans were never really a contender.
No I said I never post at the TOMB ... goTitans is my board. My post count is near 3K on that site.

But how many teams were really a contender against NE? NE has beaten most of the actual hard teams that are left. Dallas and the Colts are really the only teams I give a chance and both have already been beat. Badly I might add.

I hope someone can take them down ... would not mind it being an AFC South team but I do not think it will happen.

RIP Steve ... you showed us what a warrior truly is.
Blazing Arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008   #579
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj. View Post
The microcosm of it all is on the Titans message boards. Lots of division on him over there with (not surprisingly) the loudest defenders (and loudest critics of lacking weapons) sporting Longhorns avatars of some sort.

The division in the ranks is evident in the exchanges between some of the TN based Titans-first fans and the Austin/Houston based Vince-first fans. It's not unusual to have divided opinions about players but I sense there's an element of that fan base up there that wants the other to just go away.

It's not just what I'm interpreting from their boards. I know people who live there and they've expressed these feelings to me.
I am sure the fans living in Tennessee are probably not big fans of that whole 'invasion' of interest from the outside. They understood that a few Houstonians may stick with the team after the move but its probably getting a little out of hand now. What if they draft Sweed in the 1st Round? its getting pretty crazy that is for sure. What if its all part and parcel of an evil Bud Adams master plan to bring the Titans to....drumroll please....AUSTIN!!

but yeah, even last week during the playoff game, Costas refers to the Titans as 'Houston'. I know that had to sting a bit. Not even the Oilers but 'Houston'.
Old 01-11-2008   #580
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 112599 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazing Arrow View Post
You would have watch LT run through the Browns on his way to 200 plus yards and 3+ TDs. The game would have been a joke. The worst run D in the NFL going against a run heavy team with the leagues leading rusher. Come on now.
But the Browns have a way better offense than Tennessee. So it would have been an exciting game... A shootout!!!!

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read