Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk" Rival fans & lighthearted smack talk. Keep it light and leave the mean spirited stuff at home please.

Old 01-08-2008   #521
Spled
All Pro

Rep Power: 51 Spled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Vince Young is the best QB in the NFL

Vince is good enough as a hybrid run/pass player and as a gutty competitor, that he will find a way to win close games if surrounded by the right talent. I can see a lot of 10-6, 9-7 seasons in his future. The problem is that when he gets to the playoffs, his mediocre passing arm will always be exposed by the better defenses. That's why I'd rather have Schaub/Rosefeld playing for the Texans.
Spled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008   #522
adam
Guero

Rep Power: 13 adam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden cover
Send a message via AIM to adam Send a message via MSN to adam Send a message via Yahoo to adam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Second Honeymoon View Post
I wonder why so many of us were bending over backwards to give Carr more time to 'develop' and blaming the lack of talent around him, but when someone tries to give VY half the leeway, the same rules dont apply. I wonder why there is a difference. VY has been in the league 2 freaking years and helped his team to the playoffs in just his 2nd year. before VY 3-13. after VY 8-8 then playoffs the following year. Why the unmitigated hatred and bias? Why is he judged with different standards?

If VY had been drafted by teh Texans and we had just made the playoffs in his 2nd year, something tells me that opinions would differ greatly. beauty is in the eye of the beholder I guess and everyone is entitled to their opinion.
Your argument doesn't apply to me. I thought Carr sucked after his third season. To be honest, I don't think that Young was necessarily better than Carr when Carr was playing for us. Vince was more mobile, but both threw more INTs than TDs, both made poor decisions, etc. Carr had a better completion percentage though. In my honest opinion they are both garbage (certainly Carr more than Young these days). Young plays for a great defensive football team, they win despite of him. If he played for Houston, it is possible that we would have went 0-16 or 1-15 this season.

Sig by False Start on #69
adam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008   #523
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9755 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I wonder why so many of us were bending over backwards to give Carr more time to 'develop' and blaming the lack of talent around him, but when someone tries to give VY half the leeway, the same rules dont apply. I wonder why there is a difference. VY has been in the league 2 freaking years and helped his team to the playoffs in just his 2nd year. before VY 3-13. after VY 8-8 then playoffs the following year. Why the unmitigated hatred and bias? Why is he judged with different standards?

If VY had been drafted by teh Texans and we had just made the playoffs in his 2nd year, something tells me that opinions would differ greatly. beauty is in the eye of the beholder I guess and everyone is entitled to their opinion.
They made the play offs despite VY, not because of VY. Its just a simple fact that right now, VY would be 3rd on our depth chart. 3rd. Its funny you mention Carr in your post, becasue for now, VY reminds me alot of Carr. Sub standard. He makes awful throws, he runs when he should just slide, he slides when he should go, and he takes bad sacks or puts it up for grabs when under pressure. He is around 39 or so in top 40 QBs in the NFL.
Old 01-08-2008   #524
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBull17 View Post
They made the play offs despite VY, not because of VY. Its just a simple fact that right now, VY would be 3rd on our depth chart. 3rd. Its funny you mention Carr in your post, becasue for now, VY reminds me alot of Carr. Sub standard. He makes awful throws, he runs when he should just slide, he slides when he should go, and he takes bad sacks or puts it up for grabs when under pressure. He is around 39 or so in top 40 QBs in the NFL.
fun trivia: of the 12 most sacked QB's in the NFL, Young is one of them and has the lowest passer rating of those 12!
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008   #525
Overalls
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 64 Overalls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respected

Carr was sacked fewer times in his 2nd year than Young was this season.

Overalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008   #526
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 373761 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I wonder why so many of us were bending over backwards to give Carr more time to 'develop' and blaming the lack of talent around him, but when someone tries to give VY half the leeway, the same rules dont apply. I wonder why there is a difference.
David Carr NEVER had the hype around him that Vince Young does. I have been told on more than one occasion that VY is so awesome that the NFL rulebook would have to be changed to balance out the pro game with his immortal talent in the league. DC had none of that kind of hype and hyperbole around him, and he was on an expansion team to boot.

Besides, you are generalizing Texans fans. There have been many fans that wanted Carr gone when they got rid of Capers. Others that rooted for him because he was a Texan, even against their own better judgement. It takes all kinds, and there was certainly never a shared opinion among a large majority of Houston fans.

And besides, after five seasons of watching bad QB play, wouldn't Texans fans be experts on the subject? Many see VY and recognize the symptoms.

Quote:
Why the unmitigated hatred and bias? Why is he judged with different standards?
1. Overwhelming hype
2. He's a Tennesee Titan
3. He's on the Madden cover after his rookie season (expectations were high!)
4. Pro Bowl in his rookie year
5. OROY 2006
6. Did I mention he's a Tennessee Titan?

See, the thing is that after all of the above, VY was supposed to hit the 2007 season running on all cylinders. We were told that he did not have a learning curve, but rather the league had a learning curve to figure out how to defend Vince Young. Super Bowl victories were all but guaranteed for the next decade, simply because his greatness could carry even a mediocre team.

Turns out, even with a great defense and running game, he never lived up to the hype. He went through a sophomore slump and has struggled. This is NOTHING like the Vince Young of myth and legend, which has turned gold expectations into goatmeal mush.

Using lame excuses that he needed more talent (yet they still made the freakin' playoffs) and he's been injured are not worthy of His Greatness. These reasons....errrr...excuses don't work for other players or teams, so why would he get the benefit of the doubt?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kastofsna
fun trivia: of the 12 most sacked QB's in the NFL, Young is one of them and has the lowest passer rating of those 12!
EEFBV <---Everyone Else's Fault But Vince's
Old 01-09-2008   #527
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3241 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I know I should just probably keep my mouth shut here but what the hell I am not one who shys away from making my point even if it means getting flamed.

Not sure why a VY thread has to turn into a YKW debate but weren't you the same guy who earlier in the seasonwas trashing Mario and Kubiak almost to the point , scratch that it was to the point and very loudly I might add, of wanting Kubiak fired and Cowher hired at no matter the cost. So Kubiak does not even get two full season to fix the mess but an ex-Longhorn should and deserves time to develop.

Yes why is vy treated with different standards than you give your so called own damn team. Please explain to me how vy helped his team to the playoff versus hampered them from having a better seeding?

Of course opinions would be different if vy was a Texan that is what fans do, of course it does not help that he plays for satin in a hair piece. A lot of the fans who trash him would not and a lot of people who give him the benefit of the doubt and say give him time to develop will not even do that regarding a certain defensive lineman, so you tell me why that is?

You did get it right we are all entitled to our different opinions, and as much crap as I have given titans fans about vy's play last year, this year he has not improved one bit.
Sponsored links
Old 01-09-2008   #528
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 111928 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
David Carr NEVER had the hype around him that Vince Young does. I have been told on more than one occasion that VY is so awesome that the NFL rulebook would have to be changed to balance out the pro game with his immortal talent in the league. DC had none of that kind of hype and hyperbole around him, and he was on an expansion team to boot.

Besides, you are generalizing Texans fans. There have been many fans that wanted Carr gone when they got rid of Capers. Others that rooted for him because he was a Texan, even against their own better judgement. It takes all kinds, and there was certainly never a shared opinion among a large majority of Houston fans.

And besides, after five seasons of watching bad QB play, wouldn't Texans fans be experts on the subject? Many see VY and recognize the symptoms.

1. Overwhelming hype
2. He's a Tennesee Titan
5. OROY 2006

See, the thing is that after all of the above, VY was supposed to hit the 2007 season running on all cylinders. We were told that he did not have a learning curve, but rather the league had a learning curve to figure out how to defend Vince Young. Super Bowl victories were all but guaranteed for the next decade, simply because his greatness could carry even a mediocre team.

Turns out, even with a great defense and running game, he never lived up to the hype. He went through a sophomore slump and has struggled. This is NOTHING like the Vince Young of myth and legend, which has turned gold expectations into goatmeal mush.

Using lame excuses that he needed more talent (yet they still made the freakin' playoffs) and he's been injured are not worthy of His Greatness. These reasons....errrr...excuses don't work for other players or teams, so why would he get the benefit of the doubt?

Damn this post hurt lots of feelings, Good $%#@ DB, fair, objective....... I like it.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008   #529
Spled
All Pro

Rep Power: 51 Spled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respected

At least no one's writing stupid articles like this anymore - http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/colum...ene&id=2693417
Spled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008   #530
WesmanTexanfan
SeNior Smack

Rep Power: 160 WesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

he should move to wide out, they would have beat san diego with kerry collins takin the snaps....... im 99% sure......

or trade him since so many people think hes such a great qb

Thanks Texan Rocky and Brando for the Avatar and Sig!
WesmanTexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008   #531
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Rep Power: 258 Blazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Blazing Arrow

The only reason Young got Madden Cover was due to the SD fans crying like LT in a bad game over him getting the cover. Must be something in the air is SD.

RIP Steve ... you showed us what a warrior truly is.
Blazing Arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008   #532
ATX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 144 ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazing Arrow View Post
The only reason Young got Madden Cover was due to the SD fans crying like LT in a bad game over him getting the cover. Must be something in the air is SD.
the smell of defeat Go chargers, they were the better team.
ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008   #533
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Rep Power: 258 Blazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Blazing Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX View Post
the smell of defeat Go chargers, they were the better team.
At least we went to the prom instead of watching from the outside wishing we could have alteast worked the lights ...

RIP Steve ... you showed us what a warrior truly is.
Blazing Arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008   #534
ATRAIN
ATX TEXANS FAN

Rep Power: 936 ATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post

1. Overwhelming hype
2. He's a Tennesee Titan
5. OROY 2006

OK I still don't think number 4 counts. I mean come on he only made the pro bowl because 1. Brady Withdrew, 2. Rivers got hurt and couldn't play. Being a 3rd choice to be a 3rd stringer does not count in my mind.
ATRAIN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008   #535
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 111928 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
At least we went to the prom instead of watching from the outside wishing we could have alteast worked the lights ...
may as well have; you only got to go b/c Indy felt sorry for you guys standing outside with us so she fixed you guys up with her ugly cousin, SD. But when you came to the door to pick her up, she decided she'd rather go stag instead & kicked you to the curb, in your powder blue penguin tuxedo.

Last edited by Mr teX; 01-10-2008 at 10:07 AM.
Old 01-10-2008   #536
ATRAIN
ATX TEXANS FAN

Rep Power: 936 ATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
may as well have; you only got to go b/c Indy felt sorry for you guys standing outside with us so she fixed you guys up with her ugly cousin, SD. But when you came to the door to pick her up, she decided she'd rather go stag instead & kicked you to the curb, in your powder blue penguin tuxedo.

That reminds me of the date scene in better off dead where Cusack picks up that ugly girl and she totals up the date costs and he says do you take a check hahahahaha. Tits fans actually think they got there and earned it.
Old 01-10-2008   #537
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATRAIN View Post
That reminds me of the date scene in better off dead where Cusack picks up that ugly girl and she totals up the date costs and he says do you take a check hahahahaha. Tits fans actually think they got there and earned it.
yeah they were there, but they followed their date around all night & she took her prom pictures with another guy.
Old 01-10-2008   #538
ATRAIN
ATX TEXANS FAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
yeah they were there, but they followed their date around all night & she took her prom pictures with another guy.

hahahaha, they spent the night by the punch table. At least we knew we were not going to the dance and went to a bar with easy women.
Old 01-10-2008   #539
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 74671 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

And along with your cookie for making the playoffs and losing, here's some news you might find disconcerting, unless you think it is great that the Titan MB is getting more famous on the interwebs:

"Mawae: Young Still Needs to Learn the Titans Offense"

And he quoted extensively from your MB in case your adminstrators don't want people to read this and decide to delete it from your MB because they delete legit football posts over there sometimes.
Old 01-10-2008   #540
ATRAIN
ATX TEXANS FAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post

And along with your cookie for making the playoffs and losing, here's some news you might find disconcerting, unless you think it is great that the Titan MB is getting more famous on the interwebs:

"Mawae: Young Still Needs to Learn the Titans Offense"

And he quoted extensively from your MB in case your adminstrators don't want people to read this and decide to delete it from your MB because they delete legit football posts over there sometimes.

hahahah thats awesome!!

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read