Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk" Rival fans & lighthearted smack talk. Keep it light and leave the mean spirited stuff at home please.

Old 12-21-2007   #461
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 100807 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Vince Young is the best QB in the NFL

http://www.truveo.com/Framed-Vince-Y.../id/3946692578

Regina King tries to make an actor out of Vince Young
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2007   #462
Napa Auto Parts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 Napa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden cover

WoW VY leading his team to almost another playoff run wow he sucks who cares about going to the playoffs i rather have the new version of fragile fred as my QB.
Napa Auto Parts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007   #463
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 100807 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

http://forums.titansonline.com/forum...ad.php?t=32962

wow discussion on TOMBS
Old 12-30-2007   #464
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 53235 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

HA Vin4e Y ioug si the Csusred OEN .!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
For being the most intelligent form of life on our planet, we sure do some incredibly stupid things.
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007   #465
Napa Auto Parts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 Napa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden cover

I wouldn't be surprised if VY was the MVP this season
Old 12-31-2007   #466
Bud Adams
Rookie

When VINCE says we're going to playoffs, we're going to the playoffs!

Even if he isn't actually the one taking us there. He said it so it happened. It's like MAGIC
Bud Adams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008   #467
Wolf
100% Texan

I went to the tomb today wow, deja vu it was like the Texan message board when Carr was QB

everyone split on how VY is more talent around him, better coaching, let vince be vince..

wow.. I personally thought at the time Bud should have let steve McNair tutor Vince for a year.

http://forums.titansonline.com/forum...ad.php?t=33292
http://forums.titansonline.com/forum...ad.php?t=33298
http://forums.titansonline.com/forum...ad.php?t=33250

Last edited by Wolf; 01-06-2008 at 10:41 PM.
Sponsored links
Old 01-06-2008   #468
austintexanite
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
I went to the tomb today wow, deja view it was like the Texan message board when Carr was QB

everyone split on how VY is more talent around him, better coaching, let vince be vince..

wow.. I personally thought at the time Bud should have let steve McNair tutor Vince for a year.

gracias
Old 01-06-2008   #469
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 253531 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
I went to the tomb today wow, deja view it was like the Texan message board when Carr was QB

Wow. That is deja vu.

And look around here now... it's much betterer around here now. The big argument is whether we should draft a running back or not as opposed to massive flamewars about the QB.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008   #470
Napa Auto Parts
Hall of Fame

I hope the front office for the titans continue to ignore the need for WR if they ever realize it we really are going to be the bottom dwellers for the AFC for a while.
Old 01-07-2008   #471
ATRAIN
ATX TEXANS FAN

Rep Power: 936 ATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by austintexanite View Post
You guys should check out forum.hornfans.com. Talk about man-love. You can't even critique the guy, if you do, some see it is as if you are turning your back on him.

hahahaha considering your name looks like your in Austin as well. Man I get it everyday when I talk about how bad Vince is. I said it before draft day that I didn't want Vince on the Texans. One thing I like to do is print out his season stats, cover up his name and ask someone what do you think about this QB stats. They say man thats horrible who is it. When I show the name they start saying well he doesnt have talent and VY finds a way to win hahaha. Vince Homers are funny.
ATRAIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008   #472
ATRAIN
ATX TEXANS FAN

Rep Power: 936 ATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respected

Just curious, not trying to troll or anything but who here is a VY fan and who here is sick of him? Also if you are sick of him do you live in Houston, Austin, or somewhere else?
Old 01-07-2008   #473
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 54609 GlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respected

I actually feel somewhat sorry for him. Well, not really, but it sounded good.

He is catching the flack for being caught in the middle of a love/hate relationship. I did not want the Texans to draft him personally. And most of the "hate" I feels for him is a backlash against the fans who think he can do no wrong and have trashed Mario since the draft. It is interesting how the fans can end up "hating" a player for situations out of their control.

Basically, he got caught up in the "perfect storm" fan situation. Hometown hero, not drafted by hometown, but picked up by team who left the hometown under nasty circumstances. Add in some college rivalry, and hollywood couldn't have produced a better scenario for division among the fans.

I was happy when the Titans lost yesterday and am not proud of myself to admit that some of that satisfaction came from the fact that VY did not play well. But honestly, I do not wish him to fail - just the Titans. And I am ready for us to get over our obsession with him. I would be very happy never to see this thread again or threads about him unless we are playing the Titans that week.
Old 01-07-2008   #474
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 116095 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlassHalfFull View Post

He is catching the flack for being caught in the middle of a love/hate relationship. I did not want the Texans to draft him personally. And most of the "hate" I feels for him is a backlash against the fans who think he can do no wrong and have trashed Mario since the draft. It is interesting how the fans can end up "hating" a player for situations out of their control.

Basically, he got caught up in the "perfect storm" fan situation. Hometown hero, not drafted by hometown, but picked up by team who left the hometown under nasty circumstances. Add in some college rivalry, and hollywood couldn't have produced a better scenario for division among the fans.

I was happy when the Titans lost yesterday and am not proud of myself to admit that some of that satisfaction came from the fact that VY did not play well. But honestly, I do not wish him to fail - just the Titans. And I am ready for us to get over our obsession with him. I would be very happy never to see this thread again or threads about him unless we are playing the Titans that week.

See my problem is the whole "hometown hero" BS.... Houston is my hometown and he is NOT my hero. Never was, never will be. So what?? The 'Sips won a national championship with VY playing QB. How many other Houston kids were on that team?? There have been many, many players to come out of this city and no one wears their jock straps as eye patches.

one word: hype
Old 01-07-2008   #475
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 54609 GlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
See my problem is the whole "hometown hero" BS.... Houston is my hometown and he is NOT my hero. Never was, never will be. So what?? The 'Sips won a national championship with VY playing QB. How many other Houston kids were on that team?? There have been many, many players to come out of this city and no one wears their jock straps as eye patches.

one word: hype
Which can get me started on my rant about the press and how ridiculous their power has gotten. And if I get really off track, I will say how it is not just sports, but the press is controlling every aspect of American life. But luckily for you I will forbear and not go there.
Old 01-07-2008   #476
ATRAIN
ATX TEXANS FAN

Quote:

Yeah I agree for the most part. Yes UT is my college team and yes I wanted them to win the title. Did I want the Texans to draft VY.....no, did I want them to draft Reggie.....no. Did I know who Mario was.....no hahaha. My roomate to this day (HUGE VY HOMER) claims that I said I wanted VY.....come on I know what I said. I didn't hate him until recently. Yes im sure the whole Keye issue in Austin didn't help. To me completely honest I am just sick of him and this city being all over his jock. As far as the hometown hero, hahah I dont think he was a hero at all.
Old 01-07-2008   #477
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 116095 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Which can get me started on my rant about the press and how ridiculous their power has gotten. And if I get really off track, I will say how it is not just sports, but the press is controlling every aspect of American life. But luckily for you I will forbear and not go there.
Go there! Go there!! j/k.... You're spot on!!
Old 01-07-2008   #478
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6163 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

This is true. He and Reggie also get alot of hate for little things like the media blasting us for passing on the golden children. We heard it so much from without(and within) that some around here (like me) love to see the Titans lose because of him. Of course, their EA commercials didnt help any of it. By the way, you're welcome.
Old 01-07-2008   #479
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 317168 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
It is interesting how the fans can end up "hating" a player for situations out of their control.
My dislike of the dude has nothing to do with the '06 draft.

My dislike stems from two things:

1. He ran around our stadium yelling "this is my house!" after an OT win. I see this as classless and a 'me first' attitude, and I wish for Mario to squash him like a bug every chance he gets because of this little show-off display.

2. He's a Tennessee Titan.

The Madden curse has been fulfilled.
Old 01-07-2008   #480
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
My dislike of the dude has nothing to do with the '06 draft.

My dislike stems from two things:

1. He ran around our stadium yelling "this is my house!" after an OT win. I see this as classless and a 'me first' attitude, and I wish for Mario to squash him like a bug every chance he gets because of this little show-off display.

2. He's a Tennessee Titan.

The Madden curse has been fulfilled.
For me, ADD:

3. He's a 'sip (which can be forgivable - see Earl)

4. He was a Madison Marlin

5. Got too much of the credit at TU, when there was SOOOO much other talent around him.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read