Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk" Rival fans & lighthearted smack talk. Keep it light and leave the mean spirited stuff at home please.

Old 12-13-2007   #441
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 101383 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Vince Young is the best QB in the NFL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulluck53 View Post
VY minus Drew Bennett, Bobby Wade and Travis Henry is going to play a little worse.
Beleive me... No one here, wants to hear about missing players!!!
Old 12-13-2007   #442
Bulluck53
All Pro

Rep Power: 1627 Bulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Oak View Post
Collins seemed to use the WR's just fine when he played here. Guess he just got lucky huh?
Have you guys read any of my posts? For the most part I agree with all of your takes on VY... i'm just more optimistic about it and not ready to label him a bust.
Bulluck53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007   #443
Bulluck53
All Pro

Rep Power: 1627 Bulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Beleive me... No one here, wants to hear about missing players!!!

Ha, just pointing out a fact.
Old 12-13-2007   #444
ATX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 144 ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Have you guys read any of my posts? For the most part I agree with all of your takes on VY... i'm just more optimistic about it and not ready to label him a bust.
I don't think he will be a bust like Carr or Couch, but I doubt he lives up to the #3 pick he was chosen as. He'll be a manageable QB IMO, but never great.
ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007   #445
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
VY minus Drew Bennett, Bobby Wade and Travis Henry is going to play a little worse.
I remember at the beginning of the season all the teetun fan saying you did not need tose guys and that they sucked and the WT you had you will be fine.

Opppss got this one wrong.
Old 12-13-2007   #446
Bulluck53
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
I remember at the beginning of the season all the teetun fan saying you did not need tose guys and that they sucked and the WT you had you will be fine.

Opppss got this one wrong.
Thats why I don't post over there.

VY is a guy thats going to need talent around him, he won't be able to win by himself. At Texas he had Sweed, Young, Charles (i think), Blalock, etc. Last year he had a lot more talent and played a lot better. It's no coincidence he is struggling this year.
Old 12-13-2007   #447
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 80468 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

VY is a guy thats going to need talent around him, he won't be able to win by himself. At Texas he had Sweed, Young, Charles (i think), Blalock, etc. Last year he had a lot more talent and played a lot better. It's no coincidence he is struggling this year.
Now if you could just get this to the VY homers........................
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-13-2007   #448
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 101383 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

VY is a guy thats going to need talent around him, he won't be able to win by himself.
BOOO! That's blasphemy!!! VY does it all on his own!!!
Old 12-13-2007   #449
Bulluck53
All Pro

I don't even try, it a lost cause trying ot talk about VY at those boards. Either he is Ryan Leaf or Dan Marino.... there is no in-between
Old 12-13-2007   #450
Bulluck53
All Pro

Quote:
BOOO! That's blasphemy!!! VY does it all on his own!!!
... well I could be wrong
Old 12-13-2007   #451
ATX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 144 ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Those Texas teams were loaded with talent.....remember that D that stuffed Lendale White on 4th and 1? That game was the best VY ever had and it raised his value to levels that were unthinkable before that night. The way I see it is that most QBs can do alot with great talent around them, but few QBs can do alot with lesser talent around them.
ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007   #452
Bulluck53
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by atxcoolguy View Post
Those Texas teams were loaded with talent.....remember that D that stuffed Lendale White on 4th and 1? That game was the best VY ever had and it raised his value to levels that were unthinkable before that night. The way I see it is that most QBs can do alot with great talent around them, but few QBs can do alot with lesser talent around them.
This is how I look at it (forget the fact that our receivers can't catch). Teams stack the box because we have no consistent deep threat at reciever. I don't think it's solely because they don't respect Young as a passer because he has shown the last couple of weeks that he can get it done in the pocket. With a deep threat the running game opens up. With a running game Vince can work his magic. IMO, and its simple on paper, get a guy that can stretch the field... that will keep defenses honest and allow for both the backs and Young to move around and do their thing. Unfortunately, this franchise hasn't had much recent success with drafting/signing that receiver.
Old 12-13-2007   #453
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
This is how I look at it (forget the fact that our receivers can't catch). Teams stack the box because we have no consistent deep threat at reciever. I don't think it's solely because they don't respect Young as a passer because he has shown the last couple of weeks that he can get it done in the pocket. With a deep threat the running game opens up. With a running game Vince can work his magic. IMO, and its simple on paper, get a guy that can stretch the field... that will keep defenses honest and allow for both the backs and Young to move around and do their thing. Unfortunately, this franchise hasn't had much recent success with drafting/signing that receiver.
What ever happened to Eric Moulds!?!?
Old 12-13-2007   #454
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 80468 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
You still have one problem though, VY's accuracy.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007   #455
Bulluck53
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
You still have one problem though, VY's accuracy.
He has definitely improved over last year in that department. Now it seems like he is even more indecisive then he was. I don't know if thats because he lacks confidence in his receivers or what. There have been many occasions, a lot of his interceptions as well, that there was 'miscommunication' between him and the receiver on the play call. Thats probably mutual but I think it has a lasting effect on his decisions.
Old 12-13-2007   #456
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 144920 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

I think fans bought into and made Vince much more than he is , a 2nd year QB . Maybe Vince bought into himself a little much .

The holes in Vince's game are exposed ... we'll see if corrects them . I don't like a QB who starts off with bad mechanics ... been there done that .

Ask your friends about who's having a better year ... Mario or Vince ... most assume it's Vince . Hype kills ..... careers .
Old 12-13-2007   #457
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68948 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
What ever happened to Eric Moulds!?!?
I'd be surprised if Moulds could post a 4.6 in the 40 these days.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007   #458
austintexanite
All Pro

You guys should check out forum.hornfans.com. Talk about man-love. You can't even critique the guy, if you do, some see it is as if you are turning your back on him.
Old 12-14-2007   #459
BattleRedToro
Thread Killer

Rep Power: 3989 BattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respected

Bulluck53, I have a few questions.

1) How have the WR's the Titans drafted this year played?

I don't know if you live in Tennessee, but if you do, you will be able to answer this next questions better.

2) What was the reaction like, in Tennessee, to drafting Vince Young instead of Jay Cutler, and has the opinion of that decision changed?

3) Although he has played well, are there some regrets, in Tennessee, as well to drafting Michael Griffin instead of one of the WR's taken in the 1st Round?
Old 12-14-2007   #460
Bulluck53
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BattleRedToro View Post
Bulluck53, I have a few questions.

1) How have the WR's the Titans drafted this year played?

I don't know if you live in Tennessee, but if you do, you will be able to answer this next questions better.

2) What was the reaction like, in Tennessee, to drafting Vince Young instead of Jay Cutler, and has the opinion of that decision changed?

3) Although he has played well, are there some regrets, in Tennessee, as well to drafting Michael Griffin instead of one of the WR's taken in the 1st Round?
The receivers drafted this year have done next to nothing.... Chris Davis was the punt returner to start the year but he had some drops/fumbles and never really showed anything. I think he got hurt and then as been inactive since. Our 3rd round pick Paul Williams hasn't seen the field and has been active once if that. Joel Filani didn't make it out of camp.

The really was no reaction on passing on Jay Cutler for a few reasons. First, he wasn't worth the 3rd pick in the draft. Second, Vanderbilt fans are outnumbered even in Nashville, the love for Cutler wasn't even a blip on the radar compared to VY and Houston. Also, I think we all knew that Cutler and even Leinart would be better QBs then Young but its what he brings to the table that propelled him ahead of the other two (that and Bud's libido). I for one would not have been upset if we had traded down and taken Cutler, not just in hindsight, but I'm happy with Young and think he will turn out to be worth it.

The Griffin pick I was up and down on for about a week after the draft. After they made the selection I was pretty upset then realized that a rookie Griffin is much better then Lamont Thompson at Free Safety. Then when Fish came out and said they wanted him to play corner I thought it was ridiculous because Aaron Ross was taken with the next pick. Now that he is starting at safety I have no problems with it, the fact that he is playing well is just a bonus.....

... the real problem I think we all had with the draft was selecting Chris Henry in the second. Forget the suspension, why select a guy who barely played in college in the second round over an obvious need. We passed on Steve Smith from USC and I think Dwayne Jarrett as well, that could be wrong though. I still don't understand that one.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read