Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk" Rival fans & lighthearted smack talk. Keep it light and leave the mean spirited stuff at home please.

Old 11-13-2007   #321
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Vince Young is the best QB in the NFL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
You know, I always respect your opinion, but I think you are missing the point here Frog... This isn't about bringing Vince down, he's done that to himself by his performance. This is about rubbing the nose of the arrogant VY man-crushers in 'it', and bringing them back to earth. Vince may be something some day. But right now, he nor, RB, nor Mario are worth a top 10 pick let alone top 3 pick. I choose Mario, because thats the player that is the Houston Texan.

I would have never, ever chosen VY #1, from watching him school... Remember people flaunting (VY's senior year) - having the highest completion percentage rate in the Nation??? Geez, I can remember a certain QB in Houston, that owned that same exact stat for a little while in the NFL and what did it mean?? NADA!! I had criticized VY's throwing then, and said that if he ever wanted to make it in the NFL, he's going to have to learn how to be a passer. At Texas, he was surrounded by terrific athletes, who at times helped him look good (again, see Limas Sweed on some of those fade routes).

I will grant you that he is an amazingly gifted athlete, AND a terrific college QB, but that doesn't always translate to Sundays. Prime example was Major Applewhite; great college QB that didnt translate to Sundays although he is obviously on the college coaching fastrack.

The difference here Frog, is that I have never waivered on my assessment of VY as a QB. Not saying it won't happen for him some day, just saying he has a long, long way to go to be an NFL QB.

TB, thanks for the assessment. I'm not trying to push a button and act like there aren't good arguments, as you have made, against VY. I also have said I understand that there is an overwhelming VY love that borders on insane that people have a backlash too. You are one of the posters I respect alot and I know that you have your reasons. I just see it sometimes though and the guy can't throw an int without brouhaha(wanted to use that ) over how bad he sucks. I guess since I didn't go to UT or wasn't a big rival I just always enjoyed the guy playing. He definitely isn't having a good year. I just think that some people who aren't really analyzing it don't get that him sucking doesn't make our choice any better if they suck over time too. At least I got to bring Buffalo Bill into the equation.
Old 11-13-2007   #322
RTP2110
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6844 RTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respected

Hilarious VY quote from the Colts' MB

Quote:
Vince Young could have Moss, Wayne and Chad Johnson and still throw for 42 yds.
http://forum.colts.com/showthread.php?t=24252
RTP2110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007   #323
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 102753 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonFrog View Post
TB, thanks for the assessment. I'm not trying to push a button and act like there aren't good arguments, as you have made, against VY. I also have said I understand that there is an overwhelming VY love that borders on insane that people have a backlash too. You are one of the posters I respect alot and I know that you have your reasons. I just see it sometimes though and the guy can't throw an int without brouhaha(wanted to use that ) over how bad he sucks. I guess since I didn't go to UT or wasn't a big rival I just always enjoyed the guy playing. He definitely isn't having a good year. I just think that some people who aren't really analyzing it don't get that him sucking doesn't make our choice any better if they suck over time too. At least I got to bring Buffalo Bill into the equation.
I think for the most part, we are on the same page with the caveat being that I'm way more boisterous about my opinions (which is probably born out of rivalries that exists - even here in my office)..
Old 11-13-2007   #324
adam
Guero

Rep Power: 12 adam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden cover
Send a message via AIM to adam Send a message via MSN to adam Send a message via Yahoo to adam

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dream View Post
VY > Mario.................VY has done more for the Titans than Mario has done for this football team...................fact.
In what way? How is having more fumbles than TDs helping his team? How is having 6 more INTs than TDs helping his team? How is averaging 5.8 yards per pass helping his team? How many TD passes has Vince Young thrown for the opposing team? Probably close to the amount that he has thrown for his own. The Titans win in spite of Young, not because of him. What has Mario done that is as damaging to the Texans as what Young has done to the Titans?

Sig by False Start on #69
adam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007   #325
YellerLotYeller
nice marmot

Rep Power: 187 YellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respected

VY's football career is very similar to..........Ron Dayne's but without a Heisman.
YellerLotYeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007   #326
adam
Guero

Rep Power: 12 adam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden cover
Send a message via AIM to adam Send a message via MSN to adam Send a message via Yahoo to adam

Quote:
Originally Posted by YellerLotYeller View Post
VY's football career is very similar to..........Ron Dayne's but without a Heisman.
I would say that he is closer to David Carr. Except for the fact that Carr wasn't as much of an ass.

Sig by False Start on #69
adam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007   #327
J-Russ
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 40 J-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazing Arrow View Post
Never seen Young blow up at a zebra.

Oh you also forgot he wins ball games .....

Or have you forgotten ..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xacq9vu3oDI
Amazing how much a person can regress in a year. Almost Carr-like
J-Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-14-2007   #328
The Dream
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 The Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
In what way? How is having more fumbles than TDs helping his team? How is having 6 more INTs than TDs helping his team? How is averaging 5.8 yards per pass helping his team? How many TD passes has Vince Young thrown for the opposing team? Probably close to the amount that he has thrown for his own. The Titans win in spite of Young, not because of him. What has Mario done that is as damaging to the Texans as what Young has done to the Titans?
It's funny how most people forget about what VY did for his team last season and also the fact that "magically" his team got better as soon as he entered the starting lineup................
The Dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007   #329
RTP2110
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6844 RTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
It's funny how most people forget about what VY did for his team last season and also the fact that "magically" his team got better as soon as he entered the starting lineup................
It's not surprising for the team to improve when the QB he came in for was only on the team for 3 weeks. Right now the Titans are a better team with Collins at QB, IMO.
RTP2110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007   #330
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 102753 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Dangit... I had almost forgotten what a great defensive back VY was and that he had the third or fourth longest field goal in NFL history...
Old 11-14-2007   #331
The Dream
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 The Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Dangit... I had almost forgotten what a great defensive back VY was and that he had the third or fourth longest field goal in NFL history...
oh silly texans fans............................
The Dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007   #332
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
oh silly texans fans............................
You're right.. Tennessee's defense wasn't very good last year but with the subtraction of Pac-Man, they are suddenly one of the better defenses in the league...

I can think of one game (and yes it was against the Texans) where someone can truthfully say VY won the game.. Just think, if he has about 10 or 15 more of those type plays, he could elevate himself into the same QB status as Mike Vick...

Ignorance is bliss, and you sir are very, very blissfull.
Old 11-14-2007   #333
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
you can PM me if you want to talk about the subject......I would love to do so since you're such an "expert" and everything..................
I am about my heritage and that aint open for debate... Period!!
Old 11-14-2007   #334
ATX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 144 ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Yeah.......no coincidence either that they started winning when their running game started working. But I guess all the attention VY got helped that too.
ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007   #335
Overalls
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 64 Overalls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respected

Not to get the thread back on subject or anything but us Texans fans aren't the only ones compairing Vince to Carr and other mediocre to bad QBs. Even Titan fans are.

http://www.gotitans.com/goForum/showthread.php?t=32705

Overalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007   #336
Bulluck53
All Pro

Rep Power: 1627 Bulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respected

VY sucks right now, I agree. But I will hold judgement and see how he turns out the rest of this year and next.

What's more entertaining to me is that one of the most popular threads on a Texans message board is about Vince Young. Obsess much?
Bulluck53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007   #337
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

perhaps if half the posts weren't wondering why the thread is so long, it wouldn't be so long.
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007   #338
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 276022 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulluck53 View Post
What's more entertaining to me is that one of the most popular threads on a Texans message board is about Vince Young. Obsess much?
Don't get too smug about that. We have merged plenty of threads into this one to keep the place from being cluttered.
Old 11-14-2007   #339
Brando
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1665 Brando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Second Honeymoon View Post
VY has struggled with little talent around him on offense but to say he is a worse QB than DC is just moronic imho.
I don't know who is saying he is worse than Carr. He is doing Carr like things this year.

1.)Running out of bounds behind the line of scrimmage.
2.)Takes off to run when he feels pressure.
3.)Holds the ball way to long.
4.)Throws INT's in the Red Zone.

It's also funny to see people who bashed David Carr use the same excuses for VY.

Extra Special Thanks to False Start for the signature!

Last edited by Brando; 11-14-2007 at 08:13 PM.
Brando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007   #340
Bulluck53
All Pro

Rep Power: 1627 Bulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kastofsna View Post
perhaps if half the posts weren't wondering why the thread is so long, it wouldn't be so long.
touche

I'm just playin...
Bulluck53 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read