Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk" Rival fans & lighthearted smack talk. Keep it light and leave the mean spirited stuff at home please.

Old 09-09-2008   #2181
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 100543 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Vince Young and the Disappearing Sausage Trick

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobie View Post
Yes it does, but remember, Michael Phelps did not grow up swimming in Pearland and swim at UT and win a championship to where thousands of Texans think of him as a god....
Michael phelps has a bet with Braylon edwards(or vice versa), Edwards was to catch twice as many TD's ad Phelps has golds

good luck Braylon
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008   #2182
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 249374 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Not really, I don't think of Vince 24 hours a day either. I come in here and see this thread and wonder what's keeping this mess alive this long. Then I see a bunch of people arguing over him and my more mischievous nature takes over. Next thing you know you have Vince Young starring in "I Love Sausage".

How is this different than the raging hatred Second Honeymoon had and continues to have for David Carr? The answer is that it isn't. Very few contributors are thinking of Vince Young. They're mostly thinking of telling the vocal Vince backers "I told you so".

A few people drive it and the rest just pile on for the ride for fun.
Old 09-09-2008   #2183
The Dream
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 The Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobie View Post
Yes it does, but remember, Michael Phelps did not grow up swimming in Pearland and swim at UT and win a championship to where thousands of Texans think of him as a god....

Others have had success around here

Quote:
If vince would stay out of the news, then we'd have nothing to joke or talk about .. I guess
half of the things here aren't news worthy.........let's see "sausage tricks", "VY drinks alcohol...bad, bad Vince", etc..................most of you search for things, because secretly you are fans...............you must be, because you talk about him more than the titans board (and I'm serious).
The Dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008   #2184
The Dream
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 The Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
How is this different than the raging hatred Second Honeymoon had and continues to have for David Carr? The answer is that it isn't. Very few contributors are thinking of Vince Young. They're mostly thinking of telling the vocal Vince backers "I told you so".
A.) I don't see as nearly many David Carr threads around here anymore as I do for Vince
B.) Carr was the Texans QB for 5 years......

I'm also not seeing "i told u so" point........What do a lot of these threads that have "nothing" to do with football equate to "i told u so"......................you guys love Vince.....................a lot.
Old 09-09-2008   #2185
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 100543 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dream View Post
A.) I don't see as nearly many David Carr threads around here anymore as I do for Vince
B.) Carr was the Texans QB for 5 years......

I'm also not seeing "i told u so" point........What do a lot of these threads that have "nothing" to do with football equate to "i told u so"......................you guys love Vince.....................a lot.
I think most have come to the realization that David Carr is not a good NFL QB.. great person,but not a QB . and not starting for a division rival

whereas ........
Old 09-09-2008   #2186
The Dream
Hall of Fame

Quote:
whereas ........
texans fan "hearts" Vince Young..................
Old 09-09-2008   #2187
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 74671 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
texans fan "hearts" Vince Young..................
?

I think it is a factual statement that Vince Young loves sausage. He has his own sausage company. You don't do that if you reject sausage as part of your lifestyle.

Really, this isn't even smack.
Old 09-09-2008   #2188
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 109743 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
You assume that what you are seeing is hate and that is where you are mistaken. Some people do of course hate Vince Young. Other people are simply tired of Vince Young. Still others find the topic a source of amusement and those interested in arguing about it from a serious point of view even more amusing than that.

It's a very easy mistake to make. It's like when people assume that angry Texans fans were surprised that we didn't win in Pittsburgh. They aren't angry because they were surprised by the way the Texans played. They're angry because the were sure that they knew exactly how the Texans were going to play and the events confirmed that.

I only post on these threads because I find them a semi-enjoyable release for my more troll-like thoughts.
I put myself in this group. Honestly, I don't give a frog's fatass about Vince Young or the threads that involve him. Initially I didn't bother with VY threads until they became funny. I'm always ready for a good laugh.

On another note, it sounds as if the "friends house" was actually The Dream's

LOL! JK
Old 09-09-2008   #2189
The Dream
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post
?

I think it is a factual statement that Vince Young loves sausage. He has his own sausage company. You don't do that if you reject sausage as part of your lifestyle.

Really, this isn't even smack.

texans chick "hearts" VY sausage
Old 09-09-2008   #2190
The Dream
Hall of Fame

Quote:
On another note, it sounds as if the "friends house" was actually The Dream's
or this board..................cause

Texans fan "hearts" VY X 1,000,000
Old 09-09-2008   #2191
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 311961 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
i understand the rivalry thing, but the extreme hatred that some people on this board have is quite disturbing imo...........seriously 109 pages????? I've said it a million times before, VY haters who claim to hate VY talk, talk about him more than his supposed "fan boys."
Honestly, man, if VY was a Minnesota Viking or some random team, I doubt that there would even be a VY thread around these parts.

It was a perfect storm of sorts that created these current conditions. Texans have first overall pick at the same time that VY wins the nat'l championship. Vast manlove for VY ensues from various Houston/Longhorn fans engulfs the draft process. People threaten to quit being Texans fans, VY is made into a football god, and the evil fat bastard drafts him. Fast forward to his dramatic win at Reliant and his running of the mouth that "this is my house" yada yada yada, and it is what it is.

Hollywood can't write a script this good, man! Seriously, it's just fun to be a fan, to have allegiance to your hometown team in spite of their history of suckitude, and to have villains in all of it.

I honestly don't think anyone "hates" VY. I have nothing against the man on a personal level. But, I did grow tired of the overwhelming hype for the player, the hatred from Houston "fans" for our team for not picking him, and he's now playing for the evil fat bastard's team. It's all in good fun, man. Just roll with it.
Old 09-09-2008   #2192
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 171483 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

The Dream has tasted VY's saugsage .

He likes it for breakfast , lunch , and dinner . Dream prefers it stuffed between his biscuits .
Old 09-09-2008   #2193
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 50492 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
one has to question why an entire board of people hate one man so much???...if you're tired of VY it would seem that these VY threads would not be so popular............I'm tired of hearing about Michael Phelps........yet I don't think about Michael Phelps 24 hours of the day..........kinda makes sense doesn't it????
Really? Do you Really have to wonder?

I think you and Second Honeymoon drink from the same water supply.

This is the Houston Texans message board.

This is the Houston Texans rivalry section of the Houston Texan message board.

The Titans used to be the Houston Oilers, but now are the Titans, and in our division.

VY is a Titan player.

VY plays for Bud Adams.

I hate anyone and everybody associated with Bud Adams.

Jesus Christ himself could descend from the heavens and proclaim the Titans as the greatest organization ever and I would immediately start a "Jesus turns water into sausage" thread.

I would sooner root for the Cowboys before rooting for the Titans.

Now if VY was a Texan then all is forgiven.

But he's not. He's a Titan.

Again, your in the smack forum.

VY just makes it really really easy.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008   #2194
Wolf
100% Texan

If Vince Young was a Texan .. and I will say his name

Board would light up again on gameday and afterward Carr 2.0 ..

And I flat out admit I was a Carr apologist.. thinking it was others around him that failed him all the way up to the coaches

and others were showing me the light but I wouldn't see it
Old 09-09-2008   #2195
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Guys I think we may need to close down the vy threads because it hurts dreams feelings.
Old 09-09-2008   #2196
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

On second thought, you should hear the guys in Austin on 1530 talk about it and one of the guys keeps saying BooHoo grow up.
Old 09-10-2008   #2197
Hooston Texan
All Pro

Rep Power: 1284 Hooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't hate Vince Young. I root against him, but I don't hate him.

What I do hate are all the little fanboys/apologists/sycophants who made him and his fans believe that the kid was some kind of football god. The folks who polluted the airwaves from January until April of 2006 clamoring for us to draft him even though he would fit into Kubiak's system like an elephant in a matchbook. The fifty-something-year-old newspaper columnists who, to this day, write the most fawning pieces imaginable about the guy. The fair-weather-Charlies who ditch the hometown team for Bud Adams (for God's sake) just because Young wears his uniform. The folks who believe the Texans exist to provide employment for their favorite college players. Those are the folks I hate in this drama.

Before he was drafted, Young never had to deal with failure on a football field. But it looks like the football field was the only place anyone expected anything from him (witness the Wonderlic and his interviews and his inability to make even the most basic reads in the NFL). But now that he has finally experienced hard times on the field, he seems to have very little to fall back on.

We are finding out that the guy everyone has been calling a "winner" is merely a whiner when the whole world is not spinning the direction he likes. I cannot help but think that the people I list as "hate-ees" a couple paragraphs ago had a big hand in creating that mindset. What happens to a god when the masses stop worshipping? I think we are seeing that right now, and it isn't pretty.

I don't hate Vince--"pity" is probably the better verb to describe my thoughts about him. But I am chuckling that the hordes of "draft Vince or lose me forever" know-nothings are getting their come-uppance.
Hooston Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008   #2198
Brando
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1665 Brando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
The Dream has tasted VY's saugsage .

He likes it for breakfast , lunch , and dinner . Dream prefers it stuffed between his biscuits .
No he likes it on crackers!

Get a clue!

Extra Special Thanks to False Start for the signature!

Last edited by Brando; 09-10-2008 at 11:47 AM.
Brando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008   #2199
Wolf
100% Texan

and i guess there is cheese to go with (VY) whine
Old 09-19-2008   #2200
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 4279 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read