Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk" Rival fans & lighthearted smack talk. Keep it light and leave the mean spirited stuff at home please.

Old 11-11-2007   #201
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 67005 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Vince Young is the best QB in the NFL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazing Arrow View Post
the helmet throws, the 15 yarders, the fights in practice. Maturity. He needs to grow up ...

And his lack of running in the first few games seems to show he thinks that he should throw and never run. Even in this game his runs were solid and put us in better position. The first field goal could have been a 52 yearder but he picked up yards on the ground.
To be honest with you, maturity in that sense, seems to be only a small fraction of his problems.

How about his decision making? 10 INTs through 9 games. Or his accuracy overall? Pretty bad completion percentage of 60% (on only 192 attempts which is only the 22nd most in the league). Not only that but he doesn't get many yards per attempt, number shown above. BTW Schaub has a 68% completion percentage on 215 attempts. He also has 1.9 more yards per attempt than Vince.

How about his pocket presence? He has a pretty good OL yet he still manages to get sacked quite often. Sacked 10 times in the last 4 games. He seems to have a hard time reading the defense, and it shows as he stands in the pocket for too long, or decides to run right away and gets bottled up.

Regarding the bolded area: Do you have any idea what your talking about? In the first game he carried the ball 11 times for 22 yards and 1 touchdown. 11 carries is the most in a single game by VY all year. WTH are you talking about?

Also his running with the football, although clutch at times, is not very good overall as he fumbles quite often and averages about 3.9 YPC on 55 carries, which is alot of carries for a QB, VY or not.

Last edited by TexansSeminole; 11-11-2007 at 06:32 PM.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007   #202
ChildressTitanMan
Veteran

Rep Power: 316 ChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
I like how everybody wants to take a shot at kas because he is a Dolphins fan.

Let's look at this for a second.

Vince Young: 1,100 yards 4 TDs 10 INTs and 2 rushing TDs

Cleo Lemon: 1,050 yards 3 TDS 4 INTs and 5 rushing TDs

Yea, GOOD ONE!

Maybe I should include fumbles too because they are both runners as well as passers.
Vince: 5
Cleo: 2

Yes, quiet down Titans fan, quiet down.
Did you see his post. He said Young is a bust,cut him, take the cap hit & start over. Don't try & take the picking on a Dolphins fan route.

No matter what team he/she supports the comment was plain dumb. I added the spice about the Phins because they have a terrible record of making bad draft choices &/or trading away picks for no gain. Williams,Culpepper,Green etc.

Look around,get out your history books. You don't give up on a QB in year 2 unless he has other issues than his play on the field.

Especially not if he was ROTY in year one. Here's what I posted post game at GoTitans:

Quote:
Young is killing our Offense this year. He sucks every single game. It's making me angry because we could blow a play off shot simply because of Young.

His crappy play/Chow's calling or a combination of both kept the D on the field for almost all of the 1st half.

Have I given up on Young? No frikkin way,I'm just frustrated the the team that he carried last year is now better than he is & he's now holding us back.

As bad as he's been to keep coming back today & not quitting or folding under the pressure is a rare thing. Be frustrated but open your eyes & look at all the successful QB's we've ever seen. Young level of play is where it's supposed to be at this stage in his career. It isn't good for us right now,looks like it isn't going to be this year but that doesn't mean he isn't going to make it.
There's very little homer in myself or my buddy Arrow. In threads like this we just play the game.
ChildressTitanMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007   #203
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 67005 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChildressTitanMan View Post
Did you see his post. He said Young is a bust,cut him, take the cap hit & start over. Don't try & take the picking on a Dolphins fan route.

No matter what team he/she supports the comment was plain dumb. I added the spice about the Phins because they have a terrible record of making bad draft choices &/or trading away picks for no gain. Williams,Culpepper,Green etc.

Look around,get out your history books. You don't give up on a QB in year 2 unless he has other issues than his play on the field.

Especially not if he was ROTY in year one.
First of all, ROTY is only awarded to guys "in year one".

He won the ROTY simply because of his rushing abilities and that seems to not be working at all this year. Last year he averaged 6.7 yards per run and had 7 rushing TDs. This year he is averaging 3.9 yards per run and has only 2 rushing TDs.

He certainly didn't win it with a 51.5% completion percentage, 6.2 yards per attempt, and more INTs than TDs passing. He won the ROTY last year inspite of him having a 66.7 QB rating last year.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007   #204
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 126616 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

I heard during today's Titans game that the touchdown that he threw today was his first in over a MONTH. I'd hate to see who the worst QB in the NFL is. Oh wait! REX GROSSMAN!
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007   #205
RTP2110
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6844 RTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respected

Here's one thing I noticed about VY today. About 80 percent of his completions are to stationary targets. He really struggles completing passes to guys on the move. The few throws he does complete to moving targets are usually inaccurate.

Rich Gannon was critical of many of VY's throws throughout the game today.
RTP2110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007   #206
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 112599 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
First of all, ROTY is only awarded to guys "in year one".

He won the ROTY simply because of his rushing abilities and that seems to not be working at all this year. Last year he averaged 6.7 yards per run and had 7 rushing TDs. This year he is averaging 3.9 yards per run and has only 2 rushing TDs.

He certainly didn't win it with a 51.5% completion percentage, 6.2 yards per attempt, and more INTs than TDs passing. He won the ROTY last year inspite of him having a 66.7 QB rating last year.
I have a different take.. He won OROY, because 'the hype #1' - Reggie Bush failed - so 'the hype #2', was next in line.... The real winners should have been either Joseph Adai - or Maurice Jones-Drew. Both had better years than 'his highness'....
Old 11-12-2007   #207
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 100543 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Dang Madden curse

Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-12-2007   #208
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3659 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

you gotta love VY but he is regressing this year big time. teams arent going for his ball fakes when he scrambles and his passing is really below average at this point. he is still early in his development but he has some huge steps left to take. i think the OC is babying him a bit as far as the passing game goes and it is stunting his development. I also feel that VY may not have put as much effort into this offseason because I don't see anything new or improved in his game. He also looks a step slower on his scrambles and not as elusive. They have only lost 3 games but its been more due to the defense and coaching than anything else. Last year, the defense had a lot to do with their 2nd half success but VY contributed greatly to it as well.....this year I just dont see it.

As he is a division rival, I hope the guy fails and then he leaves Tennessee and goes elsewhere and does well. Who knows, maybe he comes home to Houston and leads us to the SB but I don't ever see him doing diddly with the Titans. Even VY can't overcome the Bud Adams curse or how freaking cheap Adams is in regards to players and FAs. That roster on offense is pathetic.
Old 11-12-2007   #209
adam
Guero

Rep Power: 12 adam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden cover
Send a message via AIM to adam Send a message via MSN to adam Send a message via Yahoo to adam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Second Honeymoon View Post
Who knows, maybe he comes home to Houston and leads us to the SB
I will cry the day that bust of an over-rated jackass comes to lead this team. Fortunately, it will be the same day that hell freezes over and John Kerry is elected president. Thus, I am not worried about it.

If he was brought here, probably as the result of a massive front office brain fart, I can gaurantee you that there would be no superbowl in our future.

Sig by False Start on #69

Last edited by adam; 11-12-2007 at 11:38 AM.
adam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007   #210
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

maybe after his 4th team the Texans will throw him a bone and sign him as their 3rd QB.
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007   #211
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 66827 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kastofsna View Post
maybe after his 4th team the Texans will throw him a bone and sign him as their 3rd QB.
He needs to play for Denver or Green Bay first. Then we can sign him
Old 11-12-2007   #212
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 112599 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

As a RB?? or a wide receiver???? Wonder if 'his highness' can play corner??
Old 11-12-2007   #213
bgirlraiderette
I'm A Pirate

IMO I don't think he's the best QB in the league... Manning? Brady? (as much as I can't stand him...)

I'M IN!!!
bgirlraiderette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007   #214
bgirlraiderette
I'm A Pirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTP2110 View Post
Here's one thing I noticed about VY today. About 80 percent of his completions are to stationary targets. He really struggles completing passes to guys on the move. The few throws he does complete to moving targets are usually inaccurate.

Rich Gannon was critical of many of VY's throws throughout the game today.
That's cuz Rich Gannon knew how to play......

I'M IN!!!
bgirlraiderette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007   #215
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 80044 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

Saw this on a Titans BB . Seems they're not to happy with him .

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007   #216
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

QB rankings by QB rating:
Quote:
29. Vince Young TEN QB 117 192 60.9 24.0 1,112 5.8 139.0 4 10 69 35.9 48 7 1 14 62.2
Remember, there are two tied at 16....(Brees and Cutler)
Old 11-12-2007   #217
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

but he wins...
Old 11-12-2007   #218
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
but he wins...
Bwaaahaaaaaa!!! Bwaaahaaaaaa!!!

As stated many, many, many times. The Titans are winning in spite of him, NOT because of him...

People are starting to realize that what I said many times in the past about Limus Sweed, David Thomas, etc., etc. (at TU) making VY look good in the passing game - are coming true.... In fact yesterday's announcer mentioned as much...
Old 11-12-2007   #219
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
but he wins...
That sure helped him out Sunday.
Old 11-12-2007   #220
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

but....he's a winner...

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read