Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk" Rival fans & lighthearted smack talk. Keep it light and leave the mean spirited stuff at home please.

Old 08-26-2008   #2021
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 100543 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Vince Young is the best RB in the NFL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Second Honeymoon View Post
its quite obvious that the Vince haters have to rely on sausage jokes because they sure as hell can't point to the things that matter.....WINNING.

before Vince they were what 3-13? 4-12? with two of those wins coming against our beloved 2-14 debacle of a team. Now they are starting to turn things around and Vince is PART of that whether the losers/haters like it or not.

its all about the scoreboard and face it, the Titans own the scoreboard against us. deal with it. you dont' have to like it, I sure as hell don't, but I am not going to piss and moan like a 3yr old about some other team's QB especially when most of the mensas around here had Carr's johnson halfway down their throat so far they could barely be understood but they are so eager to label a winning quarterback a scrub and that the team is winning in spite of him. just stupid stupid takes that reek of ignorance, jealousy, and 3rd grade humor.

funny thing is most of these Texans fans were more than happy to embrace Carr as something other than what he was. A piece of crap QB who sucked the big one on a daily basis. just please get the homer sausages out of your mouth and come with real objective takes.

typical Texans homer ala Specnatz
*choke*carr is great, its everyone elses fault. he can't pass while he is on his back*choke*i love david, you are a loser for saying david sucks. he is our quarterback*choke*hooray for losing football*choke* *gargle* *swallow*

if anyone is deserving of sausage smack it is you losers that were propping up Carr for 5 years while he drove our franchise into the ground.
Glad y'all got rid of Carr

signed
Jacksonville Jaguars

Last edited by Wolf; 08-26-2008 at 10:53 PM.
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008   #2022
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 115090 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
its quite obvious that the Vince haters have to rely on sausage jokes because they sure as hell can't point to the things that matter.....WINNING..
Vince's play is funny enough. Putting himself in a position to be ridiculed for his 'sausage party' pictures - is priceless.

Quote:
before Vince they were what 3-13? 4-12? with two of those wins coming against our beloved 2-14 debacle of a team. Now they are starting to turn things around and Vince is PART of that whether the losers/haters like it or not..
Yup.. During that span their defense went from one of the worst to one of the best. Their running game really improved as well during that same span too...

Quote:
its all about the scoreboard and face it, the Titans own the scoreboard against us. deal with it. you dont' have to like it, I sure as hell don't, but I am not going to piss and moan like a 3yr old about some other team's QB especially when most of the mensas around here had Carr's johnson halfway down their throat so far they could barely be understood but they are so eager to label a winning quarterback a scrub and that the team is winning in spite of him. just stupid stupid takes that reek of ignorance, jealousy, and 3rd grade humor..
They do own it and I do deal with it... Totally irrelevant to this particular discussion. Why? Because this discussion is about Vince Young being the best RB in the NFL and / or the greatest thing in the world next to sliced bread and cold beer...

Quote:
but I am not going piss and moan like a 3yr old about some other team's QB especially when most of the mensas around here had Carr's johnson halfway down their throat so far they could barely be understood but they are so eager to label a winning quarterback a scrub and that the team is winning in spite of him
Nothing says great insightful take like 'contradiction'...

Quote:
funny thing is most of these Texans fans were more than happy to embrace Carr as something other than what he was. A piece of crap QB who sucked the big one on a daily basis. just please get the homer sausages out of your mouth and come with real objective takes..
Pretty general statement. Who are most of these 'Texans fans'? Funny how Blazing Arrow questioned the relevance of a comparison to Carr and yet here you are the one continually bringing the comparison up... As far as "homer sausages out of your mouth" That's all your takes in this thread have been; sausage laden takes of your man-crush.... I wonder if we dug up more pictures of Vince's sausage party if we would find one SH somewhere there..

Quote:
*choke*carr is great, its everyone elses fault. he can't pass while he is on his back*choke*i love david, you are a loser for saying david sucks. he is our quarterback*choke*hooray for losing football*choke* *gargle* *swallow*.
Your best defense is attacking David Carr??... That unto itself spells out defeatest attitude...

Quote:
if anyone is deserving of sausage smack it is you losers that were propping up Carr for 5 years while he drove our franchise into the ground.
Again with the Carr comparisons...

Old 08-27-2008   #2023
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 100543 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
its quite obvious that the Vince haters have to rely on sausage jokes because they sure as hell can't point to the things that matter.....WINNING.

before Vince they were what 3-13? 4-12? with two of those wins coming against our beloved 2-14 debacle of a team. Now they are starting to turn things around and Vince is PART of that whether the losers/haters like it or not.

its all about the scoreboard and face it, the Titans own the scoreboard against us. deal with it. you dont' have to like it, I sure as hell don't, but I am not going to piss and moan like a 3yr old about some other team's QB especially when most of the mensas around here had Carr's johnson halfway down their throat so far they could barely be understood but they are so eager to label a winning quarterback a scrub and that the team is winning in spite of him. just stupid stupid takes that reek of ignorance, jealousy, and 3rd grade humor.

funny thing is most of these Texans fans were more than happy to embrace Carr as something other than what he was. A piece of crap QB who sucked the big one on a daily basis. just please get the homer sausages out of your mouth and come with real objective takes.

*choke*carr is great, its everyone elses fault. he can't pass while he is on his back*choke*i love david, you are a loser for saying david sucks. he is our quarterback*choke*hooray for losing football*choke* *gargle* *swallow*

wow
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008   #2024
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 115090 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
wow
You sound as though that post surprised you...(??)
Old 08-27-2008   #2025
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 316914 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

What kind of smack forum is this where an alleged "Texans fan" comes in and disses his own team?

Seriously, it's called:

Rivalry Talk Rival fans & lighthearted smack talk. Keep it light and leave the mean spirited stuff at home please.

I think someone is clueless about the definition of "smack talk".
Old 08-27-2008   #2026
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 249374 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

So people who made a mistake once with a QB can't learn from it and see the flaws in another QB and point those out.

In the words of our illustrious President "Fool me once, shame on — shame on you. Fool me — you can't get fooled again."

Just like David Carr before him all Vince has to do is start producing. His team is far better than the one Carr played on though. Carr hid his crappiness amid the widespread "crap-o-flage" of an expansion Texans team. Vince's poor play stands out on an otherwise pretty good and winning football team. Sausage jokes aside he is what he is and that's a very ordinary QB so far.
Old 08-27-2008   #2027
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
What kind of smack forum is this where an alleged "Texans fan" comes in and disses his own team?

Seriously, it's called:

Rivalry Talk Rival fans & lighthearted smack talk. Keep it light and leave the mean spirited stuff at home please.

I think someone is clueless about the definition of "smack talk".
I've tried that angle before - to no avail....................obviously.
Old 08-27-2008   #2028
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3659 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
So people who made a mistake once with a QB can't learn from it and see the flaws in another QB and point those out.

In the words of our illustrious President "Fool me once, shame on — shame on you. Fool me — you can't get fooled again."

Just like David Carr before him all Vince has to do is start producing. His team is far better than the one Carr played on though. Carr hid his crappiness amid the widespread "crap-o-flage" of an expansion Texans team. Vince's poor play stands out on an otherwise pretty good and winning football team. Sausage jokes aside he is what he is and that's a very ordinary QB so far.

herv, i agree with your take that Vince is a very ordinary QB so far and just about everything else (however, i don't think the Titans have that much more talent than those Texans teams but that is all water under the bridge anyway)

DB, I dont see where I dissed our team, honestly. I love my Texans but I am not going to be afraid to criticize them or point out factual information regarding our matchups against our rivals/divisional foes. It's obvious that our organization has made a boatload of errors over the years and I think pointing that out doesnt make you any less of a fan.

Last edited by Second Honeymoon; 08-27-2008 at 11:12 AM.
Second Honeymoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008   #2029
DiapHer
GO BIG RED!!!

Rep Power: 292 DiapHer is a quality contributor and well respectedDiapHer is a quality contributor and well respectedDiapHer is a quality contributor and well respectedDiapHer is a quality contributor and well respectedDiapHer is a quality contributor and well respectedDiapHer is a quality contributor and well respectedDiapHer is a quality contributor and well respectedDiapHer is a quality contributor and well respectedDiapHer is a quality contributor and well respectedDiapHer is a quality contributor and well respectedDiapHer is a quality contributor and well respected

Old 08-27-2008   #2030
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 101274 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Well I'm not going to bash a home town kid like VY like many others in here. I was a fan of VY before he went to Texas when he was at Madison High school and I have rooted for him ever since, when I would watch HS playoff games at the dome.

However Second Honeymoon, it is getting to the point where it is starting to look like VY could be a bust. He had a really bad sophomore season in the NFL, and seemed to get worse as the season went on. I figured that with the new coordinator that helped a Young Mcnair, that he might benefit from it Second Honeymoon. Have you watched VY this pre season though? He looks just as bad as he did at the end of last year. From what I'm seeing right now, he looks like he is headed for another disappointing season.

It doesn't help that he has no weapons at all on offense, but his throws have no zip on them at all, and he looks his WR's down before he makes his throws letting the D know where he is going, and that is why he has thrown a few picks and almost threw quite a few more.

Personally I hope he does a lot better this season, except for when he plays the Texans.

He is a home town kid that desperately wanted to be a Texan, and we didn't draft him. I wanted the Texans to at the time, but it is really starting to look like Mario was the right decision and I'll be the first one at the end of the season to CHOMP on some crow if Mario has another great season and VY sucks which it is starting to look like will happen.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008   #2031
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 249374 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
herv, i agree with your take that Vince is a very ordinary QB so far and just about everything else (however, i don't think the Titans have that much more talent than those Texans teams but that is all water under the bridge anyway)
Well, I never saw a Texans defense play like theirs is capable and I've never seen a Texans team run the ball the way I've seen Tennessee do it in recent years. I hope to soon but I haven't seen it happen yet.

And honestly now, think about it for a moment. Texans fans are dogging on the Titans QB? There's a big surprise. If this was a serious thread with people debating the merits of every statistical catagory then that would be one thing but it's in "Rivalry Talk" which is by definition the arm-pit of TexansTalk.com. How can anyone get riled up over this?

This isn't going to stop if Vince Young throws a hundred touchdowns this year and why should it. This is a Texans fan website and he's still the enemy.
Old 08-27-2008   #2032
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Default Re: Vince Young is at least "in" the NFL

The guy could wind up in the HOF someday (although highly unlikely), and I will still dog the ever living sh*t out of him... PERIOD. He's the enemy in the Pros. He was the enemy in college. He was the enemy in High School.

What? I'm supposed to jump on his jock just because he's a hometown kid?? He would have a long line of other hometown kids to wait behind if that were ever to happen...

But in the meantime; Thanks for laughs vincent.....
Old 08-27-2008   #2033
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 112586 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

LMAO! Nice title change.
Old 08-27-2008   #2034
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 4279 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
LMAO! Nice title change.
Agreed.

Old 08-27-2008   #2035
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 316914 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
LMAO! Nice title change.
What you talking 'bout, Willis?!
Old 08-27-2008   #2036
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Awesome title change!! Rep...
Old 08-27-2008   #2037
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 54609 GlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respected

Now if we could just change it to Dickie Justice's boyfriend is at least "in" the NFL, it would really make my day.[/b]

Last edited by GlassHalfFull; 08-28-2008 at 08:34 AM.
GlassHalfFull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008   #2038
DBCooper 
Outlaw

Rep Power: 127050 DBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
Personally I hope he does a lot better this season, except for when he plays the Texans.

Personally, I hope he falls on his ass this year, next year, any year he plays for the Titans.

He plays for the "Anti-Texans".

If Vince does well, the Titans do well. I don't want to see that.

(I turned down the volume for you)
Old 08-27-2008   #2039
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 101274 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBCooper View Post
Personally, I hope he falls on his ass this year, next year, any year he plays for the Titans.

He plays for the "Anti-Texans".

If Vince does well, the Titans do well. I don't want to see that.

(I turned down the volume for you)
Well I hear ya, and I don't blame you. I just used to watch him play in the dome when he went to Madison, so I was a fan before he went to Texas, and my entire family is full of Texas alums so I grew up a Texas fan as well. So naturally I don't want to see him have a bad career, but I want the Texans to kick his ass every time that we play them for sure!
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008   #2040
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlassHalfFull View Post
Now if we could just change it to Dickie Justice's boyfriend is at least "in" the NFL,.
Perfecto!!

*hint, hint DB*

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read