Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-14-2004   #21
CoogBull
Rookie

Send a message via AIM to CoogBull
Default Anyone else getting that sick feeling...

I know I am. It just seems that this team is not playing at the level they played at earlier this season. I do not take a loss badly as long as they make a game of it. The Denver game was bad, but today was worse.

I am starting to get that sick feeling that I got when the Oilers blew that game in Buffalo. It is the realization that your team lacks the heart of a competator. I love the city of Houston and hate to see us embarassed like this.
CoogBull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2004   #22
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 247537 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArlingtonTexan
i don't remember two back to back butt kickings during the two previous years....all this after a streak of 4 of 5 wins where we looked like an NFL team...things change fast.
Well technically the Jacksonville and Tampa Bay games last season were back to back butt kickings. "The Waterboy" was starting at QB though and Hollings was starting at RB.
Old 11-14-2004   #23
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 247537 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Also, and I know it's pretty pessimistic sounding, we can pretty much look at everything we see that's good today and throw it out the window. Every single positive thing the Texans did came in garbage time. Davis looks like he can run right now but he can't really. The line looks like it can run block right now but it can't. The defense looks like it can hang with the Colts right now but it really can't.

To paraphrase Comic Book Guy from "The Simpsons"

"Worst performance ever".
Old 11-14-2004   #24
Doug
All Pro

Ya Davis really can't run it's just luck that as soon as Carr started getting a little time to throw the ball because of the line finally pass blocking they even started run blocking a little.
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2004   #25
Dhedluk
Rookie

Default heh

It's a good thing the NFL dosen't do weather reports or they'd be reporting fare weather in Houston
Dhedluk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2004   #26
FILO_girl
I'm not here

Rep Power: 63 FILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhedluk
It's a good thing the NFL dosen't do weather reports or they'd be reporting fare weather in Houston
No kidding! Yep, we stunk up the place today and the answer to it all is to fire the team? Coaches? Good lord.

It is our 3rd year. 3rd year. Our biggest rival is consistancy. It is all good to be ticked and lay into this but to go out and say to fire folks? Please. Now if we would have won, all talk would be buzzing over playoffs. We are not ready for that yet. Most of us knew this all along. 8-8 is still attainable. That was my goal for the team. And I think they can still get there!!!

I may be disappointed and somewhat embarassed, but still have my jersey on.
FILO_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2004   #27
Henderson98
Rookie

any loss is tough but i'm sure it's rough on you guys...
Henderson98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-14-2004   #28
Dunta_Fan_23
Rookie

Send a message via MSN to Dunta_Fan_23 Send a message via Yahoo to Dunta_Fan_23

you know tailgate i am not here to make people mad...but i will tell you this...at least be happy that our team is actully winning some games...this is a young franchise you have to give it time...you cant expect the texans to go to the playoffs just being around a few years...i have been waiting 3 days for my account to get appoved to reply to this post...but like i said give the team time..your expecting too much too soon..atleast we got 4 wins right now...the past few years i dont think we had this many wins this late in the season...

:c)
Dunta_Fan_23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2004   #29
utahmark
markbeth

Rep Power: 8734 utahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanBacker55
JJ has had a couple of decent kick returns. Not spectacular, but considering his competition for best Texans player of the game...I think he might be a winner.

the same guy who fumbled the opening kickoff.
utahmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2004   #30
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhedluk
I see a number of people (myself included) who spent the last two years talking the homers off of ledges when the Texans lost and they're pointing out things that are wrong with the Texans. That's not being a fair weather fan, that's discussing the problems. Those problems aren't hard to see.

Please do tell me exactly how you would spin the Texans performance over the last two weeks? I'm dying to hear this.
Old 11-14-2004   #31
dan7
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henderson98
any loss is tough but i'm sure it's rough on you guys...
It'll be a lot rougher on the players (during practice this upcoming week)!
dan7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2004   #32
JustBonee
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel
... Please do tell me exactly how you would spin the Texans performance over the last two weeks? I'm dying to hear this...
Let's see .we're allergic to mountaintops and Astroturf? .. sorry, forgot this! ..
JustBonee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2004   #33
Texan Gal 312
Veteran

Yes, it was an ugly game. I think everyone's expectations got out of hand. Now that you have had a chance to vent, go the standings and make a list of the teams you would rather have than ours going into next season.

Also, Tony Dungy was fired in Tampa Bay because he could accomplish anything in the playoffs. Indy has a great team, but they have failed in the playoffs.
Texan Gal 312 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2004   #34
phan1
All Pro

Oline got slapped around like girls. The skill players can only do so much. Every game we've won, we've won it on the hands, shoulders, and most of all legs of Carr. Plain and simple. At some point, you've got to get some help from your Oline and get a running game going. And if you can't do that, at least get some protection! Right now, we are flat out asking Carr to go out and win every game for us, and that is just plain unfair. No QB in the league is going to do that for you, not even Manning.
phan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2004   #35
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 154151 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan Gal 312
Also, Tony Dungy was fired in Tampa Bay because he could accomplish anything in the playoffs. Indy has a great team, but they have failed in the playoffs.
I bet you didn't know that Tony Dungy coached teams are 40-0 when given a 14 point lead. Everyone wants to blame the coach when the team fails but sometimes it is just the players. I can't put Indy's playoff failures on Dungy. They have not had a ton of talent on the defensive side of the ball.
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2004   #36
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I bet you didn't know that Tony Dungy coached teams are 40-0 when given a 14 point lead.
Was that with or without a full moon or above 30 degrees or below?

If he's 40-0 in those games, I guess that means he's 41-55 if he doesn't get a 14 point lead. On Friday's when he's wearing red or blue.

Quote:
After a choke job in 2002, Dungy's Colts had a pretty good showing last year in the playoffs. I don't consider his loss to New England last year a failure. They went to the AFC Championship game and they look like they are poised to make another run - in spite of their defense.

Last edited by aj.; 11-15-2004 at 06:24 AM.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2004   #37
dan7
Veteran

Angry Game Impressions (via ESPN)

Quote:
Originally Posted by phan1
Oline got slapped around like girls. The skill players can only do so much. Every game we've won, we've won it on the hands, shoulders, and most of all legs of Carr. Plain and simple. At some point, you've got to get some help from your Oline and get a running game going. And if you can't do that, at least get some protection! Right now, we are flat out asking Carr to go out and win every game for us, and that is just plain unfair. No QB in the league is going to do that for you, not even Manning.
I only saw what ESPN showed (on Sportscenter); the No. 1 problem that I saw was that the defensive backfield was doing a poor job of covering the Indianapolis receivers....
dan7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2004   #38
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 154151 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan7
I only saw what ESPN showed (on Sportscenter); the No. 1 problem that I saw was that the defensive backfield was doing a poor job of covering the Indianapolis receivers....
We didn't see Harrison or Wayne in the end zone over and over. We saw the slot WR and the TE with 4 TD's combined. 28 points from the slot and TE alone. For some reason we tend to let 250 pound linebackers cover these guys in isolated coverages far too often.
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2004   #39
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny
We didn't see Harrison or Wayne in the end zone over and over. We saw the slot WR and the TE with 4 TD's combined. 28 points from the slot and TE alone. For some reason we tend to let 250 pound linebackers cover these guys in isolated coverages far too often.
I believe that Capers thought that Manning is too good to blitz regularly so he attempted to play zones. Of course, Manning recognizes coverages well also, so he knew exactly where the weaknesses were and attacked those accordingly.
ArlingtonTexan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read