Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 10-07-2007   #1
prostock101
Mr. Big

Rep Power: 275 prostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default What did Brady say about Spygate?

Question. I never heard if Brady was asked if he knew about the taping of defensive signals. Seems to me he would have to be involved or what would be the point. Belicheat would call in the play, "Slant 79, omaha left, cheesy poof on two....Oh, and by the way, they're in a Cover 2 and the MIKE is blitzing."

Did he deny knowing anything? When Belicheat gave him the defensive scheme did he say, "Coach, how do you know that?" and Belicheat would respond, "Cuz' I'm a freakin' genius! Now just run the damn play and don't ask any questions!"
prostock101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007   #2
Ckw

Default Re: What did Brady say about Spygate?

Great question and something I have also wondered about. For the plan to work, Brady would have to know. Something tells me the media doesn't want to damage their big cover boy Brady. Definitely makes you wonder.
Old 10-07-2007   #3
real

No, Brady wouldn't have had to know anything....
Old 10-08-2007   #4
prostock101
Mr. Big

Rep Power: 275 prostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by real View Post
No, Brady wouldn't have had to know anything....
Why wouldn't he?
prostock101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007   #5
real

Quote:
Originally Posted by prostock101 View Post
Why wouldn't he?

Because if a coach knows the defense all he has to do is call a play that would be effective against it.

If I know that they are going to be in a zone cover two, then I could just call a play where Moss runs deep to get one on one coverage with the safety...
Old 10-08-2007   #6
Ckw

Quote:
Originally Posted by real View Post
Because if a coach knows the defense all he has to do is call a play that would be effective against it.

If I know that they are going to be in a zone cover two, then I could just call a play where Moss runs deep to get one on one coverage with the safety...
But to pick up the blitz? I mean in that case Brady would need to know which side of the field it was coming from. I mean I'm not accusing him. You make a valid point but it certainly seems likely Brady would know.
Old 10-08-2007   #7
real

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ckw5814 View Post
But to pick up the blitz? I mean in that case Brady would need to know which side of the field it was coming from. I mean I'm not accusing him. You make a valid point but it certainly seems likely Brady would know.
Why would he have to know what side of the field it was coming from ?

Do you think Brady is just a talentless hack, that soley depended on cheating to pick apart defenses and throw TD's ?

Why wouldn't he be able to do something so simple as lifting his head up and recognizing a blitz ?

This is not some Milli Vannilli QB who has been "faking the funk"....Maybe some David Carr type QB would need to know "where the blitz is coming from" in order to make a play that has been called that is designed for success, but surely you give Brady more credit than that ?
Sponsored links
Old 10-09-2007   #8
GoPats
Veteran

Rep Power: 11 GoPats is on the Pro-Bowl ballotGoPats is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Brady doesn't call his own plays, except in the 2-minute offense, so it wouldn't have been necessary for him to be in on the whole thing.

I'm not saying either way... I don't know if he knew, but we'll never know.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read