Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Fantasy Football Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Fantasy Football Talk Fantasy football and video games

Old 10-06-2007   #1
Brando
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1665 Brando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Philip Freakin Rivers

I have him on 2 of my teams and I have struggled on both teams because of him. Figures he would have a season like this when I draft him. My FFL teams this year suck! I guess I put to much stock in the Chargers this year. Should I just out right cut him? I put him on the trade block in one league but no bites.

Extra Special Thanks to False Start for the signature!
Brando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007   #2
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Philip Freakin Rivers

new system....its still early, no way I'd cut him unless you are in one of those small leagues where there are only 8 teams and it is impossible to not have a loaded team. The Chargers look really brilliant for firing Marty now.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007   #3
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
new system....its still early, no way I'd cut him unless you are in one of those small leagues where there are only 8 teams and it is impossible to not have a loaded team. The Chargers look really brilliant for firing Marty now.
They completely mishandled their coaching situation. First they fire Marty, which I could see the reasoning behind it. I don't think they should have, but I can see why they did it. But then they let Wade Phillips become the coach of the Cowboys and Cam Cameron take the job in Miami. So they lose their coordinators. Either of those would probably have taken the job to keep some continuity their rather than hire a terrible HC in Norv Turner. The Chargers look really, really stupid.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007   #4
Brando
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1665 Brando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
Thanks, I will hold on to him and see if he gets a handle of the new offense. I have Matt Lienart as a backup in one league, so my QB play is hurting me. I picked up Dante Culpepper hoping for another game like he played last week. I will have to start Rivers one more week since the Raiders have a bye. Hopefully he will get back on track this week.

14-2 and they fire Marty, brilliant. Maybe if they had at least hired Cam before letting him go they would have the same offense and not having to learn a new one.

Last edited by Brando; 10-06-2007 at 01:48 PM.
Old 10-06-2007   #5
Brando
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
They completely mishandled their coaching situation. First they fire Marty, which I could see the reasoning behind it. I don't think they should have, but I can see why they did it. But then they let Wade Phillips become the coach of the Cowboys and Cam Cameron take the job in Miami. So they lose their coordinators. Either of those would probably have taken the job to keep some continuity their rather than hire a terrible HC in Norv Turner. The Chargers look really, really stupid.
AJ Smith looks really stupid. I say he needs to be fired.

Old 10-08-2007   #6
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by M Shadows View Post
Thanks, I will hold on to him and see if he gets a handle of the new offense.
well, that didn't take long... Feel better now?

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Fantasy Football Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read