Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-06-2007   #1
Grams 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 25097 Grams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Thoughts after 4 games -

I am just a fan, do not know the ins and outs as I have never played football like most of you here and although I just joined this year, I have been a frequent visitor.

It is nice to see a lot of the negativity of the previous years not present on these boards - there are still a few but not like last year.

This years Texans "look" like a whole different team, they havew the look of a real NFL caliber team. More polished, better coached, better players, better attitude or a combination of all?

It is nice to have the "talking heads" in the media now admit that the Oline was not near as bad as they were saying they were and that YKW is not near as good as they all thought and that everything that you were talking about him here, is what they are finally talking about him in Carolina.

We still have holes to fill, but they can be filled by a handfull of players instead of dozens of players.

I really think for right now anyways, that if we could solve the secondary problem, we have a decently solid team. The Dline is doing good, the offense is able to move the ball on a fairly consistant basis. If we need a score, Matt is very capable of moving the team down the field even without AJ and AG.

There was some questionable play calling in the red zone. But maybe the team was not mentally prepared to play that well without AJ, JJ and AG. Maybe the coaching staff wasn't sure how the players would step up with all those injuries.

I think we should have beat the Falcons, but for a few bad plays, a couple of blown calls by the refs, a few mistakes here and there. But they still looked better that last year (and the year before, and the year before that) and we were still fighting to the end. No give up or give out in the 4th quarter on either side of the ball.

Hopefully the team will learn from the loss and come back with a really good scheme for the Dolphins and not give them their first win of the year. Think this will be a true test of the development and character of the team.
Old 10-06-2007   #2
rickyb
Scarlet is hot.

Rep Power: 211 rickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Thoughts after 4 games -

Quote:
Originally Posted by caddy View Post
Ah, just a little dramatic on the being a true test... this week. We have never lost to the fins, they are 0, & 4. This will be the easiest week of the year. Next to the Bye week.
Tell me again....how does a jinx work, exactly?

rickyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007   #3
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 80659 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

I thought we would have won the Falcons game . I guess I thought wrong .

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007   #4
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 14154 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Brandon420tx

And I bet we would win the Colts game, and the Falcons game ... needless to say I'm not betting anymore since its a curse.
Old 10-06-2007   #5
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 214275 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grams View Post
I think we should have beat the Falcons, but for a few bad plays, a couple of blown calls by the refs, a few mistakes here and there. But they still looked better that last year (and the year before, and the year before that) and we were still fighting to the end. No give up or give out in the 4th quarter on either side of the ball.

Hopefully the team will learn from the loss and come back with a really good scheme for the Dolphins and not give them their first win of the year. Think this will be a true test of the development and character of the team.
Quote:
Originally Posted by caddy
Ah, just a little dramatic on the being a true test... this week. We have never lost to the fins, they are 0, & 4. This will be the easiest week of the year. Next to the Bye week.
Overdramatic? Not so much, actually.

"Good teams", playoff teams, pummel the teams they're supposed to - like we should have done last week. ...like we ought to do tomorrow.

Will our killer instinct show itself and we wipe the floor with them or will we play down to their level and let them hang around and steal a win from us?

So I agree. This will be a telling game. Because even though 2-2 is one of our best starts ever, we're STILL at the bottom of the division. ...and already behind the eightball in the playoff race.
ObsiWan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007   #6
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 214275 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Last edited by ObsiWan; 10-06-2007 at 10:12 PM. Reason: double submittal
ObsiWan is online now   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read