Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 05-20-2004   #21
donbmt
Veteran

Wong also said that Babin will be practicing against and learning from the best blocking tightend in the league, Our new guy Bruener.
Old 05-20-2004   #22
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano
Is he the RMLB?
Since there is no true middle in the 3-4, they usually refer to it as RILB and LILB (where the "I" stands for inside). Not trying to be a spelling/grammar nazi. I'm just trying to keep you informed.
TheOgre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2004   #23
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by SESupergenius
No it's

Babin, Sharper, Foreman, Wong.
I'm not sure if this is up-to-date, but ESPN shows Sharper on the right not the left, Ses.

http://www.ourlads.com/secure/depthchart.cfm?index1=hou
Old 05-20-2004   #24
SESupergenius

I haven't been keeping up lately, So they aren't moving Sharper?

Last edited by SESupergenius; 05-20-2004 at 08:09 PM.
Old 05-20-2004   #25
Mistril48
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelBlue
From L to R (facing the offense)

Babin Foreman Sharper Wong
On previous postings, I think we agreed that the Texans don't flip their outside linebackers based on the strength of the offense (ie. the LOLB stays on the left and the ROLB stays on the right, regardless of the position of the TE and other 'strength' indicators).

Are we sure the Texans don't flip the ILBs? Perhaps instead of left and right, sharper and Foreman are Mac and Buck linebackers, who flip based on the strength call of the defense.

Does anyone know for sure? If so, I would appreciate hearing from you.
Mistril48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2004   #26
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

Foreman and Sharper flip flop. Watch the first defensive series of the Carolina game for example.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2004   #27
Mistril48
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj.
Foreman and Sharper flip flop. Watch the first defensive series of the Carolina game for example.
Thank you for the info.

Is it easy to determine who is playing strong and who is playing weak? While it is not always based on a TE (for example 0 TE or 2 TEs), was it fairly straight forward to determine their strength calls?
Mistril48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 05-21-2004   #28
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

There were a couple plays where it was obvious that Foreman lined up on the fullback side but there were others that you couldn't tell at all.

For some reason I had a mental image of Foreman exclusively at LILB (probably based on what I've seen when I'm at the games), but I also fast forwarded through the Buffalo game from last year and Sharper lined up a lot at LILB.

There's obviously situations where they switch. I don't have enough tape to determine the predominant set - if there is one.

Last edited by aj.; 05-21-2004 at 12:48 PM.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2004   #29
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by SESupergenius
I haven't been keeping up lately, So they aren't moving Sharper?
It doesn't appear that way.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read