Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-05-2007   #1
Texans34Life
I BLEED TEXANS!

Rep Power: 1028 Texans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Chronic: Get Mario mad; Give Faggins a hug?

WTF?? This is by your friendly neighborhood shutdown corner - Dunta Rob.

http://blogs.chron.com/jeromesolomon...ins_ams_v.html

Quote:
Dunta Robinson, who has developed into quite the team leader, has words of advice for Texans fans. Not that he is a psychologist, but he has an idea of what buttons need to be pushed to get the most out of his teammates.

Robinson says, fans should ride Mario Williams hard. The more people get on Williams, the more likely he is to retaliate by proving the doubters wrong, according to Robinson.

"We need him to play mad and to play that way consistently," Robinson said.

Fans should treat DeMarcus Faggins a bit differently. Robinson says Faggins needs encouragement - maybe even a hug - to keep his confidence up.

Interesting. Will you heed his advice if Faggins gives up a long pass on Sunday?

HoustonTexans4Life - 2010-2011 CHAMPION of TexansTalk Survivor and TexansTalk Pick'em
Texans34Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007   #2
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 205206 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc
Default Re: Chronic: Get Mario mad; Give Faggins a hug?

I like Robinson better when he stops thinking and starts hitting - which is pretty much on Sundays.
Old 10-05-2007   #3
real

Stop thinking and start hitting ?

I don't get it..

What is it that Robinson said that makes you say that ?
Old 10-05-2007   #4
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 61322 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Awwww..... c'mere, Petey!

*babbling baby-talk*

Last edited by NitroGSXR; 10-05-2007 at 01:36 PM.
NitroGSXR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007   #5
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 275466 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

*sigh* We have to be haters to motivate Mario?

Alright...Mario, you suck. We should have drafted Vince Young, ya' overgrown wuss!!
Old 10-05-2007   #6
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

Mario just doesn't have "it"
tulexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007   #7
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 132014 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

very sad commentary about Mario....If a teamate states that the guy has no heart unless mad...that's not good news.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-05-2007   #8
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3658 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
very sad commentary about Mario....If a teamate states that the guy has no heart unless mad...that's not good news.
the quote from Dunta was innocuous. where did he say anything about fans riding Mario or being nice to Faggins? where is the quote that implies that? one can assume a lot but we all know what assume does. I went to the blog and it was basically Solomon being Solomon..in other words, lame.

i think the fans should get after Mario if they feel he isn't pulling his weight. He should expect it if he isn't getting the job done. I am not satisfied with Mario's play but the HC seems to be and has stated as much. i hope its not more coddling for another #1 pick possibly not living up to billing and his cost both in regards to the early selection and his huge contract. he has shown some life this year but I want to see him get his nose in it sometimes. he is always upright and dancing with a blocker at the end of most plays.

basically once an OL gets him locked up he would be better off just dropping into coverage. he just struggles getting disengaged from the OL when they get in his wheelhouse. yeah, a lot of its technically holding but its not called when you are just bullrushing. you have to make a lateral move or its rarely called. Maybe put some teflon on his uniform to make his jersey slippery so they cant keep grabbing it. he just needs to use his athleticism more and not just his strength and balance.

i think the guy could become a force and I love the fact that he has been pretty damn durable and has played somewhat effectively through an injury (a DL must have). I just question his heart/motor a bit...honestly, more than a bit....he doesn't quit but I don't know if he has the drive to make it as a top DE. he could probably be a pretty good DT though. He doesnt get pushed around much and with a few more pounds he would be a rock that could slip through and use his speed to get to the QB via the interior similar to what Okoye has been able to do.
Old 10-05-2007   #9
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 132014 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Second Honeymoon View Post
the quote from Dunta was innocuous. where did he say anything about fans riding Mario or being nice to Faggins? where is the quote that implies that? one can assume a lot but we all know what assume does.
I just assumed that the quote in the first post was a cut n paste. Looks to me that Robinson doesn't think that Mario can motivate himself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans34Life View Post
Dunta Robinson, who has developed into quite the team leader, has words of advice for Texans fans. Not that he is a psychologist, but he has an idea of what buttons need to be pushed to get the most out of his teammates.

Robinson says, fans should ride Mario Williams hard. The more people get on Williams, the more likely he is to retaliate by proving the doubters wrong, according to Robinson.

"We need him to play mad and to play that way consistently," Robinson said.

Old 10-05-2007   #10
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I just assumed that the quote in the first post was a cut n paste. Looks to me that Robinson doesn't think that Mario can motivate himself.
It is a Jerome Solomon article, you never know what the question was that was asked or if he printed all of what Daunta said. this is a huge beef I have with most writers they pick and chose which sentence to quote even if it is taken out of context.

I do not think DRob would through Mario under the bus like that. Granted stat wise Mario has room for improvement and technique wise as well. But you can not seriously say you have not seen exponetial growth ot of Mario's play since last year.
Old 10-05-2007   #11
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
Granted stat wise Mario has room for improvement and technique wise as well. But you can not seriously say you have not seen exponetial growth ot of Mario's play since last year.
This is pretty much how I feel about Mario at the current time....just because I am critical of his game doesn't mean I can't see improvement.

Old 10-05-2007   #12
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 53440 GlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
It is a Jerome Solomon article, you never know what the question was that was asked or if he printed all of what Daunta said. this is a huge beef I have with most writers they pick and chose which sentence to quote even if it is taken out of context.

I do not think DRob would through Mario under the bus like that. Granted stat wise Mario has room for improvement and technique wise as well. But you can not seriously say you have not seen exponetial growth ot of Mario's play since last year.
I agree with this, especially the bolded part. I would guess that Dunta may have said something along these lines as a joke and the joke part got lost in the translation. He needed a smiley
Old 10-05-2007   #13
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
This is pretty much how I feel about Mario at the current time....just because I am critical of his game doesn't mean I can't see improvement.
I agree with you. Just can't stand half-ass reporting and that is pretty much what is done now a days. Except for our resident reporter Ms Texans_Chick
Old 10-05-2007   #14
2ToneBlue
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
Alright...Mario, you suck. We should have drafted Vince Young, ya' overgrown wuss!!
Ohhh finally a Texan fan admits it

Good sig material
2ToneBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007   #15
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

D-Rob is my favorite Texans, atleast on defense and probably overall and one
of the reason is because he is so outspoken and provocative with many of his comments.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007   #16
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 275466 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ToneBlue View Post
Ohhh finally a Texan fan admits it

Good sig material
= sarcastic intent

I only mean it if it actually motivates him.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read