Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 11-14-2004   #41
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTP2110
''Good thing the refs are protecting David Carr, because his o-line isn't''

Did anyone else catch the announcer say that? Man this o-line is bad.
Carr had plenty of time on that last pass. The pass was only 20 yards out of bounds though.
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2004   #42
RTP2110
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6845 RTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddy
I am the president now of the club called "Texans Fans in favor of drafting Ronnie Brown"
I will become president of the "Start Wells" club.
RTP2110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2004   #43
MIGHTYTEX
Veteran

so which RB will the texans look at in the off-season or draft
MIGHTYTEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2004   #44
Htown34s
Veteran

The Oline should be absolutely embarassed.
Old 11-14-2004   #45
non natural texan
Rookie

Default running game

Have we figured out that with Davis in the running game will do nothing for us today?
Put Wells in, he can pound out 3 yards as opposed to Davis dancing around in the backfield and losing yards.
non natural texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2004   #46
powda
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 126709 powda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respected

wtf happened to working for managable 3rd downs?

3and12

3and19

dont the colts have the worst secondary in football? throw the damn ball
Old 11-14-2004   #47
Jwwillis
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny
Carr had plenty of time on that last pass. The pass was only 20 yards out of bounds though.
Maybe because there is nobody open since there is no threat of an actual run.
Jwwillis is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-14-2004   #48
Htown34s
Veteran

Quote:
I will become president of the "Start Wells" club.
Our running production in this game has NOTHING to do with who has the ball. Have you seen our line play?
Old 11-14-2004   #49
i heart seth payne
Rookie

im jealous that you all get to watch the game, they never show the texans in pa, i have to watch the eagles or steelers, so im stuck with cbs sportsline updates...
i heart seth payne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2004   #50
SmoochyTX
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 2159 SmoochyTX is a quality contributor and well respectedSmoochyTX is a quality contributor and well respectedSmoochyTX is a quality contributor and well respectedSmoochyTX is a quality contributor and well respectedSmoochyTX is a quality contributor and well respectedSmoochyTX is a quality contributor and well respectedSmoochyTX is a quality contributor and well respectedSmoochyTX is a quality contributor and well respectedSmoochyTX is a quality contributor and well respectedSmoochyTX is a quality contributor and well respectedSmoochyTX is a quality contributor and well respected

"Their O-line just needs a swift kick in the butt"

I agree.
SmoochyTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2004   #51
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jwwillis
Maybe because there is nobody open since there is no threat of an actual run.
Perhaps because this is the NFL. When you get time you have to be more accurate than that.
Old 11-14-2004   #52
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

So, anyone else starting to wonder how long a zone blocking scheme takes to implement? I'm just curious really. Is it still in the "experimental" phase or is it working but Davis can't run behind it? Maybe we just don't have the players to make it work? I don't know.
Old 11-14-2004   #53
Jwwillis
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by powda
wtf happened to working for managable 3rd downs?

3and12

3and19

dont the colts have the worst secondary in football? throw the damn ball
?? they threw every down on the first posession.
Jwwillis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2004   #54
RTP2110
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6845 RTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respected

Stupid DeLoach get the bal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-14-2004   #55
SmoochyTX
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 2159 SmoochyTX is a quality contributor and well respectedSmoochyTX is a quality contributor and well respectedSmoochyTX is a quality contributor and well respectedSmoochyTX is a quality contributor and well respectedSmoochyTX is a quality contributor and well respectedSmoochyTX is a quality contributor and well respectedSmoochyTX is a quality contributor and well respectedSmoochyTX is a quality contributor and well respectedSmoochyTX is a quality contributor and well respectedSmoochyTX is a quality contributor and well respectedSmoochyTX is a quality contributor and well respected

Texans #99 screwed up by not going after the ball there.
SmoochyTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2004   #56
Fiddy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18 Fiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Fiddy Send a message via MSN to Fiddy Send a message via Yahoo to Fiddy

Quote:
Stupid DeLoach get the bal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I KNOW!

Great play by Wong....

'Anyone ready to go outside so I can make you look bad?' - Matt Schaub talking to the DBs
Fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2004   #57
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Classic example of being asleep. We force a fumble and Deloach just plays hop-scotch and misses jumping on the fumble.
Old 11-14-2004   #58
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmoochyTX
Texans #99 screwed up by not going after the ball there.
It was Deloach, not Smith.
Old 11-14-2004   #59
RTP2110
Hall of Fame

Maybe Wong's big hit can get us energized. Lets hope.
Old 11-14-2004   #60
MIGHTYTEX
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by i heart seth payne
im jealous that you all get to watch the game, they never show the texans in pa, i have to watch the eagles or steelers, so im stuck with cbs sportsline updates...
I'm from pa too. and the way it looks I'm kind of glad I'm not seeing the game cause I'd be throwing things at the tv by now.
MIGHTYTEX is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read