Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texan Tailgate The social network of Houston Texan fans around the World. Plan a gathering, find a tailgate, make a friend. This is the forum for player appearances, announcements or any Texans related group event (players or fans).

Old 10-04-2007   #1
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Battle Red Brew...?

Hrrrm, what is it? Has anyone tried it? Any good?

Where is the stadium is it sold?
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007   #2
TxDavid
Go Coogs!

Rep Power: 1256 TxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Battle Red Brew...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee_In_TX View Post
Hrrrm, what is it? Has anyone tried it? Any good?

Where is the stadium is it sold?
I assume you saw the same e-mail I did - I was also wondering about it. Looks like it's in Budweiser Plaza according to the e-mail. Not sure if it is offered anywhere else. I suspect it is kinda like green beer on St Patrick's Day. They may have just added some red coloring to the bud light....

All I know is it comes in 12oz cans. Kinda odd since it's called "Battle Red Brew draft"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans Gameday E-Mail
In addition, join us for a pre-game party at Budweiser Plaza. There is so much going on there that you need to stop by and check it out. You will see such great things as:

- $3.50 Battle Red Brew draft
- Battle Red Brew is available exclusively at Reliant Stadium (and not at your tailgate in the parking lot)
- BBQ Cook-out at the original Bum's Smokehouse
- Live music from Bare Necessity
- Autographs from Cheerleaders and NFL Alumni
- Visit from Bull Pen Pep band

For all the latest information regarding gameday, click here to visit the Gameday Home Page!
TxDavid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007   #3
Andrew6
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4661 Andrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxDavid View Post
I assume you saw the same e-mail I did - I was also wondering about it. Looks like it's in Budweiser Plaza according to the e-mail. Not sure if it is offered anywhere else. I suspect it is kinda like green beer on St Patrick's Day. They may have just added some red coloring to the bud light....

All I know is it comes in 12oz cans. Kinda odd since it's called "Battle Red Brew draft"
where is budweiser plaza
Old 10-05-2007   #4
BigWig
Bigimus Wigimus

Rep Power: 1266 BigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respected

On the south end of the stadium where the bands play.
BigWig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007   #5
dskillz
Veteran

Rep Power: 27 dskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performer

I tried it at the Colts game in Bud Plaza. It was only sold as a draft, not in cans. 16 ounces for $3.50. It was pretty good. It tasted like Michelob Amber. I suspect that is all it is because it was in a Michelob tub. If it was a Bud product, I would think the kegs would be in a Bud tub. I liked it. Not sure if it was the price or the fact that I was thirsty.

I will be getting some this week for sure.
Old 10-05-2007   #6
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: Battle Red Brew...?

Was it RED?
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007   #7
nflnutswife
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 925 nflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respected

I saw something being served as a draft in a RED plastic cup!
Red beer. . . ewe!
Old 10-05-2007   #8
TxDavid
Go Coogs!

Rep Power: 1256 TxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dskillz View Post
I tried it at the Colts game in Bud Plaza. It was only sold as a draft, not in cans. 16 ounces for $3.50.

That's a much better deal than 12oz cans. Looks like there's a typo on the texans website:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pregame Activities
10 AM TEXANS TAILGATE PARTY AT BUDWEISER PLAZA
-South end of Reliant Stadium
-Live music by "Bare Necessity"
-Autographs from "Texans Ambassadors"
-Visits from Texans Cheerleaders and TORO
-Limited edition Verizon Wireless Collector's Pin for first 1,000 fans
-Mariachi Imperial performance
-Mexico en Danzas Grupo Folklorico dance performance
-Live pregame broadcast by SportsRadio 610 AM and 100.3 KILT-FM
-Bum's Smokehouse and the Battle Red Smoker
-"Happy Hour" pricing on 12 oz. cans of Battle Red Brew draft
TxDavid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007   #9
DiapHer
GO BIG RED!!!

Rep Power: 292 DiapHer is a quality contributor and well respectedDiapHer is a quality contributor and well respectedDiapHer is a quality contributor and well respectedDiapHer is a quality contributor and well respectedDiapHer is a quality contributor and well respectedDiapHer is a quality contributor and well respectedDiapHer is a quality contributor and well respectedDiapHer is a quality contributor and well respectedDiapHer is a quality contributor and well respectedDiapHer is a quality contributor and well respectedDiapHer is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Was it RED?
Yank, ask Lil_Red about the real "Red Beer"
Old 10-05-2007   #10
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 101383 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapHer View Post
Yank, ask Lil_Red about the real "Red Beer"
We're talking about beer here. Not: CORN whiskey = moonshine = white lightning = hooch
Old 10-05-2007   #11
DiapHer
GO BIG RED!!!

Rep Power: 292 DiapHer is a quality contributor and well respectedDiapHer is a quality contributor and well respectedDiapHer is a quality contributor and well respectedDiapHer is a quality contributor and well respectedDiapHer is a quality contributor and well respectedDiapHer is a quality contributor and well respectedDiapHer is a quality contributor and well respectedDiapHer is a quality contributor and well respectedDiapHer is a quality contributor and well respectedDiapHer is a quality contributor and well respectedDiapHer is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
We're talking about beer here. Not: CORN whiskey = moonshine = white lightning = hooch
Ummmm your reply is a bit "REDNECK"

Red Beer... Classic Husker Game Drink.

1 glass lager
2 oz tomato juice

Additions if you so choose:

Add a dash of tabasco and a couple dashes of lea & perins and lime.
Old 10-05-2007   #12
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 101383 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapHer View Post
Ummmm your reply is a bit "REDNECK"

Red Beer... Classic Husker Game Drink.

1 glass lager
2 oz tomato juice

Additions if you so choose:

Add a dash of tabasco and a couple dashes of lea & perins and lime.
That sounds utterly disgusing.... (I don't do tomato juice)
Old 10-05-2007   #13
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
This is not what I have obviously.
Old 10-05-2007   #14
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
This is not what I have obviously.
No... Not at all. Your stuff I can chug!!!!

Tomato juice makes me gag. I can't even do Bloody Marys.
Old 10-05-2007   #15
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
No... Not at all. Your stuff I can chug!!!!

Tomato juice makes me gag. I can't even do Bloody Marys.
You can't chug the stuff I have unless you like kissing concrete.
Old 10-05-2007   #16
YellerLotYeller
nice marmot

Rep Power: 187 YellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respected

Durring the Rockets playoffs last season, they were adding red dye to all the drafts....pretty wierd.
YellerLotYeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007   #17
dskillz
Veteran

Rep Power: 27 dskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performer

Quote:
Was it RED?
Sorry, I was gone from the PC all day yesterday. It was amber, like a dark beer, but not heavy at all. I drank like 3 of them without feeling like a ate a turkey.

As far as the typo on the site, unless they are going to can it this week, I have to think they made a mistake. It was entirely draft at the Indy game. No cans in sight.
Old 10-06-2007   #18
rickyb
Scarlet is hot.

Rep Power: 211 rickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
You can't chug the stuff I have unless you like kissing concrete.
Kissing concrete. Brilliant. Rep.
rickyb is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read